Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

lastninja
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Apparently it's already "sold out", These HKFA releases sell pretty quickly. I have one of their previous releases with Ann Hui's Visible Secret and I had to get it through my friend in HK. HKFA doesn't have a web store but you can go there and physically get a copy and that's how I got Visible Secret. But I saw it for pre-order at buyoyo for $40.

Do you know if the book is in english?

ShawAngela
32 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Furious Slaughter Caps

FS1.png

FS2.png

FS3.png

FS4.png

FS5.png

FS6.png

Did you already received it ? The picture quality looks excellent on my phone !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Did you already received it ? The picture quality looks excellent on my phone !

Yes, it's got german, mandarin and english audio but only german subs which is a pity.But i dn't mind watching these bashers in dubbed form.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, saltysam said:

Yes, it's got german, mandarin and english audio but only german subs which is a pity.But i dn't mind watching these bashers in dubbed form.

Those caps look good! Can't wait to get my copy. It's on the way and The Red Phoenix is supposed to ship out soon too. Did you order The Red Phoenix?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, String said:

I believe Buyoyo sell HKFA releases online (but sadly, it's also sold out there too):

https://www.buyoyo.com/buyoyo/eng/ProductDisplay.do?prrfnbr=11639856

The booklet in the HKFA release is in Chinese and English.

Something else to keep in mind/manage expectations - the Chinese & English subs are burnt in (i.e. non-removable).

Just an FYI. Boyoyo has it back in stock again for pre-order. Better act fast before it sells out. I paid about $50 for mine including the cheapest air shipping. It's a bit pricey but I'm willing to pay it even if Eureka or Arrow come out with a version later on.

Screenshot_2023-05-04 The Valiant Ones(1975) - King Hu Film.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Just an FYI. Boyoyo has it back in stock again for pre-order. Better act fast before it sells out. I paid about $50 for mine including the cheapest air shipping. It's a bit pricey but I'm willing to pay it even if Eureka or Arrow come out with a version later on.

Preordered! Thanks @Yihetuan!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

@Yihetuan At the moment is this the only other film restored onto blu ray from the HKFA? https://www.buyoyo.com/buyoyo/eng/ProductDisplay.do?prrfnbr=11621803&prtype=0

This Buyoyo listing is the full package with all the features extras it was originally released with right? The price seems like a bargain

yes that's the only other one. But the one you see currently listed on buyoyo is a reprint from last year due to demand.

https://www.filmarchive.gov.hk/en_US/web/hkfa/rp-hkfa-restored-treasures-3.html

The original release sold out in 2019. That's the one my friend in HK got for me by actually going to the HKFA and picking it up because when it was announced we weren't sure it was going to picked up by buyoyo or not.

I said Visible Secret earlier but I got confused with Ann Hui's horror comedy that she made a decade after The Secret aka Crazy Disaster which is a Rashomon type murder mystery.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, saltysam said:

Got mine too today and just watched it. For this rare Jimmy Wang Yu movie this is a good one and must have for those who like Jimmy Wang Yu and old Block and Punch movies. Can't wait to get the Camera Obscura UHD of 'The Man from Hong Kong' here is a link to the Camera Obscura Shop: https://cameraobscurafilms.de/products/der-mann-von-hongkong-cover-c t

they send worldwide and the UHD is english friendly !!!

• Like 1

I just went ahead and placed an order for The Man From Hong from Camera Obscura. I chose Cover C as I didn't care for the Dragon Flies artwork.

Der-Mann-von-Hongkong-Cover-C-front-fsk_1024x1024@2x.jpg

• Like 3

ShawAngela
On 5/4/2023 at 8:13 PM, saltysam said:

I don't mind watching it only in Mandarin, I already have the Hoker DVD version without English subtitles.

• Like 1

ShawAngela
12 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I just preordered it and used my yoyocash, so, I got it for around 36 USD. Thanks a lot for the information, I was so disappointed when I saw that it was out os stock yesterday !

• Like 3

I'm less sanguine about The Valiant Ones getting a release from Eureka or one of the other boutique labels since Hu owned the rights and negatives and it was only gifted to HKFA with Cheng Pei-Pei's blessing as she apparently acts as Hu's executor to his estate.

Screenshot_2023-05-06 Dylan Cheung on Twitter.png

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
23 hours ago, kuenfist said:

Got mine too today and just watched it. For this rare Jimmy Wang Yu movie this is a good one and must have for those who like Jimmy Wang Yu and old Block and Punch movies. Can't wait to get the Camera Obscura UHD of 'The Man from Hong Kong' here is a link to the Camera Obscura Shop: https://cameraobscurafilms.de/products/der-mann-von-hongkong-cover-c t

they send worldwide and the UHD is english friendly !!!

Is that Sammo sitting the the backseat ?

6 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Yes, Sammo's in the movie and was also one of the fight directors as well.

Der-Mann-von-Hongkong-Still-3_1024x1024@2x.jpg

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
On 5/4/2023 at 4:47 PM, saltysam said:

Furious Slaughter Caps

FS1.png

FS2.png

FS3.png

FS4.png

FS5.png

FS6.png

Where do you get this from? I presume it has a German title, but Blu-ray.com calls it Wang-Yu kennt kein Erbarmen - which translates to  Wang Yu Knows no mercy on Amazon.DE.

Even the screen grabs looks dated compared to these screen grabs here, providing it's the same film.

ShawAngela
21 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Where do you get this from? I presume it has a German title, but Blu-ray.com calls it Wang-Yu kennt kein Erbarmen - which translates to  Wang Yu Knows no mercy on Amazon.DE.

Even the screen grabs looks dated compared to these screen grabs here, providing it's the same film.

You can find it on groovesland. Just write Wang Yu or Jimmy Wang Yu and his movies will appear. On the German cover he is posing like if he was ready to fight. I can't copy-paste links with my phone.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I bought it from Grooves but this is the Amazon.de listing, not currently shipping to the UK

https://www.amazon.de/Wang-Yu-kennt-kein-Erbarmen-Blu-ray/dp/B0BRHGKNCN?tag=bluraycom04-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
49 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I bought it from Grooves but this is the Amazon.de listing, not currently shipping to the UK

https://www.amazon.de/Wang-Yu-kennt-kein-Erbarmen-Blu-ray/dp/B0BRHGKNCN?tag=bluraycom04-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Never heard of Grooves. So I went for the overpriced Amazon UK seller option,

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Never heard of Grooves. So I went for the overpriced Amazon UK seller option,

I bought several times from Groovesland and they are reliable and cheaper. Dvdparadies should have it too, but it's slightly more expensive than groovesland for some titles.

• Like 2

Yggdrasil
28 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I bought several times from Groovesland and they are reliable and cheaper. Dvdparadies should have it too, but it's slightly more expensive than groovesland for some titles.

That's good to know.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
7 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

doesnt ship to the UK , from that site that is. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

doesnt ship to the UK , from that site that is. 

That sucks, is it due to Brexit? I read someone ordered from jpc and they delivered to UK but that was awhile back, not sure if their policy has changed recently?

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail/-/art/der-mann-von-hongkong/hnum/11470034

**edit**

Nope, guess they exclude the UK as well.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Buddha Bless You 1