Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

1 hour ago, thundered mantis said:

that percentage is too hard on Cargo man. They have provided us with many real HD prints. Would say 50% is more accurate? We better check them one by one... 

I agree, Enter the Fat Dragon was released on Cargo if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I decided to order Master of the Flying Guillotine. I might not be great with technical specs but I can tell you if it looks good.

• Like 2

Didn't think Cantonen Iron Kung Fu was Cargo ,however they go under a few alias i think. A few of their releases seem to come from Amazon HD streams, for example Militant Eagle.

8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I decided to order Master of the Flying Guillotine. I might not be great with technical specs but I can tell you if it looks good.

Thanks for biting the bullet for us. Please post some screencaps if you can. I will eat my left shoe if this is a newly discovered remastered HD print.

7 hours ago, saltysam said:

I wonder if Flying Guillotine will have the original music

Doesn't seem like this label cares much about such "technicalities" as copyright laws until they receive a cease and desist letter from Neu!'s lawyers.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
34 minutes ago, lastninja said:

However, it has not yet been released on DVD or Blu-ray.

'Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger' has had plenty of releases on budget DVD labels through the years.

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
On 4/13/2023 at 7:49 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I've been trying to order this on Amazon.de but when I enter Duell der Giganten or Master of the Flying Guillotine, this blu ray doesn't come up!:speechless Is there anywhere else it can be ordered from...and what's the price?

Thanks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

I've been trying to order this on Amazon.de but when I enter Duell der Giganten or Master of the Flying Guillotine, this blu ray doesn't come up!:speechless Is there anywhere else it can be ordered from...and what's the price?

Thanks

https://www.grooves-inc.com/wang-duell-der-giganten-version-regio-imperial-pictures-cargo-blu-ray-pZZa1-2100768799.html

• Like 1

osbournecox
On 4/13/2023 at 8:49 PM, saltysam said:

Didn't think Cantonen Iron Kung Fu was Cargo ,however they go under a few alias i think. A few of their releases seem to come from Amazon HD streams, for example Militant Eagle.

there is a german dvd from CMV, hardbox and amaray - the contents of the discs were identical (i think). there is also a german blu ray from Mediacs which came out quite recently.

ofdb.de lists these releases as uncut. if someone wants to find it on amazon etc. - the german title is "Die blutigen Krallen des Leoparden" (which translates as "Bloody Claws of the Leopard").

EAN numbers and some technical specs (in german) can be found at

http://ofdb.mobi/view.php?page=film&id=28789

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 10:33 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

'Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger' has had plenty of releases on budget DVD labels through the years.

I forgot to add "in germany".

If the theatrical reels still exist then perhaps a HD release would be possible, similar to "Red Phoenix" or "Redress".

• Like 3

Here are the other two cover variants for that upcoming 4K UHD of The Man From Hong Kong from the Camera Obscura label.  English audio and subtitles. Due for release on June 5.

der-mann-von-hongkong-4k-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-b-4k-uhd---blu-ray-.jpg

der-mann-von-hongkong-4k-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-c-4k-uhd---blu-ray.jpg

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, saltysam said:

i want that but it looks like they don't ship to UK

I'm thinking about buying it. I like Cover A a lot, but I'm not convinced yet as it is a bit pricey for my liking. I might become weak around the release date though, lol. If no store besides the Camera Obscura label store has it (https://cameraobscurafilms.de/) and you still want it, I can buy one for you when/if I order and send it to you.

• Like 1

Thank goodness they ship to the US. I'm in the same boat, I'll probably end up buying this too. @saltysam, hey man, you've done me a solid a couple times, so i'll gladly help you get a copy as well.

• Like 1

One of my favorite films of a couple years ago was Soi Cheang's Limbo and it's getting a 4K UHD + Blu ray mediabook release from Capelight on June 30. Supposedly English friendly. This film deserves a proper Region A release but alas, so far only the Panorama HK blu ray is available. I was thinking about purchasing that one but guess I'll hold out for this 4K UHD HDR version instead.

4042564229615.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kevin Chan said:

And you can be assured that this label (Capelight) produces great releases for a fair price!

I had a buddy of mine ask what good is 4K UHD HDR with a monochromatic film such as Limbo but if I understand correctly just the fact it's 10 bit will double or triple the grayscale range alone not too mention the resolution difference.

Also Fokus media will make available Don "the Dragon" Wilson's Inferno aka Operation Cobra as a limited edition mediabook blu ray. English audio of course. Release date TBA.

operation-cobra-limited-mediabook-edition-vorab.jpg

Drunken Monk
On 4/12/2023 at 12:19 PM, MobFu1972 said:

Releasing May 26th

With English Subs -

Screenshot_20230412-111711~2.png

This has been pushed back to September.

Darth Kermit
On 4/20/2023 at 6:12 PM, Yihetuan said:

One of my favorite films of a couple years ago was Soi Cheang's Limbo and it's getting a 4K UHD + Blu ray mediabook release from Capelight on June 30. Supposedly English friendly. This film deserves a proper Region A release but alas, so far only the Panorama HK blu ray is available. I was thinking about purchasing that one but guess I'll hold out for this 4K UHD HDR version instead.

4042564229615.jpg

They just confirmed it is a US release! So a fully english friendly version!

• Like 3