Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

On 3/23/2023 at 10:12 AM, Ronin said:

I think the problem with D&T, IIRC, is that if even one item in your order is out of stock it will hold up the entire order. If everything is in stock, then you are good to go. The only time I placed an order with them (a very large order) this is what happened and it didn't ship until I finally contacted them and told them to cancel the item that wasn't in stock (and was probably out of print). Once that happened everything shipped quickly and securely. YMMV.

I have no issue with this policy as it's in line with all the other import mail order firms. Diabolikdvd, Grindhouse, Orbitdvd, dvdparadies, etc all of them will hold your entire order until all your pre-order items arrive but my issue with D&T is that won't even answer the most basic inquiries via their contact page or email. I understand most of these places are one man operations or have very few staff but I had NO issues getting my customer service inquiries answered by any of the above mail order outfits I listed above in a timely manner. Only D&T. Caveat emptor.

Is Grooves Inc a good place to buy German releases/mediabooks from? They seem to priced similarly to Amazon DE but without the 15 euro shipping cost. I'm based in the U.S.

1 hour ago, monkmovies said:

Is Grooves Inc a good place to buy German releases/mediabooks from? They seem to priced similarly to Amazon DE but without the 15 euro shipping cost. I'm based in the U.S.

I used them several times and everything worked without any problem, and sometimes, the shipping is even free according either to the items you buy, either to the total amount of your order.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk
On 3/23/2023 at 7:13 AM, Yihetuan said:

This link is now live and definitely the cheaper option. A little over $30m including S&H.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
18 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Us brits can't order it yet, be a day or 2 before release date when we can

Really? That's odd. Is that an Amazon Germany thing or is that a UK thing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Really? That's odd. Is that an Amazon Germany thing or is that a UK thing?

since Brexit.For example, Bruce Against Iron Hand is due out Friday, i still can't order it.Will probably become available for me either Thursday or a few days after release date.

Shamrock will be releasing Godfrey Ho's Angel Enforcers as a mediabook with blu ray + dvd with 5 cover variants. No word on tech specs or release date.

Screenshot_2023-04-04 (1) Shamrock Media Facebook.png

• Like 8

Angel Enforcers Data:

German, English, Cantonese audio

German, English Subtitles

true HD transfer widescreen.

same licence where France had Angel Terminators from (they are coming to Germany also)

angel enforcers hd.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, thundered mantis said:

Shaolin Handlock´s finally been released. Anyone can confirm if it´s true HD?

Mine's on the way from Grooves. Hopefully arrive sometime this week. i'll post caps when it does.

• Buddha Bless You 1

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Mine's on the way from Grooves. Hopefully arrive sometime this week. i'll post caps when it does.

Did you ever buy Furious Slaughter? How as the PQ? Damn, seems like Tough Guy keeps getting pushed back? Now I heard a late June release date!

18 hours ago, saltysam said:

Don't think Furious Slaughter is out until the end of this month

yeah my bad, I need to put on my glasses.

• Haha 1

Bruce & The Iron Finger arrived. Reversible cover without the german fsk rating, booklet (in german) haven't checked fully but two versions appear to be on the disc, 85 minute version and a 90 minute version with german subs for extra bits. unfortunately it looks like the 85 minute version has 17 gb on the disc and the 90 min version only 5gb.

shpic2.jpg

shpic1.jpg

shapic3.jpg

shic4.jpg

SH1.png

SH2.png

SH3.png

SH4.png

SH5.png

SH6.png

SH7.png

SH8.png

• Like 5

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, MobFu1972 said:

Releasing May 26th

With English Subs -

Screenshot_20230412-111711~2.png

It’s unlikely that it’s been remastered, right?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

It’s unlikely that it’s been remastered, right?

I am not sure..... It would be amazing is it was!

It had an initial release in Germany 1977 and has been released on home video there at some point in time, so there is definitely a possibility that a print has been discovered and restored, lots of otherwise neglected kung fu films have made it to Blu Ray and DVD thanks to the German market! Fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Django said:

It had an initial release in Germany 1977 and has been released on home video there at some point in time, so there is definitely a possibility that a print has been discovered and restored, lots of otherwise neglected kung fu films have made it to Blu Ray and DVD thanks to the German market! Fingers crossed 🤞

I'm sorry but since this is Cargo, 99.999% that it's an upscale with some so called color grading to saturate the colors and of course a layer of fake grain applied to the mix. I would not get my hopes up that a recently discovered print was found despite the claims of a new 2K master. Isn't that the same thing Cargo claimed about Patrick Tam's The Sword and it looked like utter crap?

7 hours ago, RebelIntruder said:

Was there a confirmation of the audio and subtitle options for Furious Slaughter?

I got an answer from Martin about it but I cannot find the email. I might've accidentally deleted it.

thundered mantis

I do not have at hand my DVD release of Shaolin Handlock. Anyone can compare them screencaps? 

@Yihetuan that percentage is too hard on Cargo man. They have provided us with many real HD prints. Would say 50% is more accurate? We better check them one by one...