Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

26 minutes ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Just pre-ordered at ofdb shop. Let there be May!

Nice :laugh

I just pre-ordered too. a real classic of mine.

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Just pre-ordered at ofdb shop. Let there be May!

1 hour ago, Graysman said:

Nice :laugh

I just pre-ordered too. a real classic of mine.

I just tried to order and wasn't able to (my first time ordering from OFDB and I don't speak German. It says it's not available yet (I think). Geez, I hope it didn't sell out already. :sad:

After a lot of frustrating searching it looks like I have to prove my age before they'll sell it to me. How did you guys go about doing that?

27 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I just tried to order and wasn't able to (my first time ordering from OFDB and I don't speak German. It says it's not available yet (I think). Geez, I hope it didn't sell out already. :sad:

After a lot of frustrating searching it looks like I have to prove my age before they'll sell it to me. How did you guys go about doing that?

I ordered here don’t worry it’s not sold out you can still place order https://shop.dtm.at/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=CHREI+DES+GELBEN+ADLERS%2C+DER+&x=0&y=0

Hope this helps 

Edited by Graysman
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk
16 minutes ago, Graysman said:

I ordered here don’t worry it’s not sold out you can still place order https://shop.dtm.at/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=CHREI+DES+GELBEN+ADLERS%2C+DER+&x=0&y=0

Hope this helps 

I’ll never order from this place again. They took months to send my order to me and their customer service was dog shit.

Admittedly, I did get my order eventually but it wasn’t a great experience.

36 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’ll never order from this place again. They took months to send my order to me and their customer service was dog shit.

To be honest they have been a great help to me this last year with at least five different orders and no problems whatsoever since the first order I made with them which was a bit of hassle but I eventually got so I gave them benefit of the doubt and all my orders since then have been filled in a timely manner 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
28 minutes ago, Graysman said:

To be honest they have been a great help to me this last year with at least five different orders and no problems whatsoever since the first order I made with them which was a bit of hassle but I eventually got so I gave them benefit of the doubt and all my orders since then have been filled in a timely manner 

That's great to hear! Maybe I'll give them another go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Reminds me of someone else I know.....

• Haha 3

On 3/21/2023 at 11:22 AM, Yihetuan said:

Two Andrew Lau films are coming to blu ray from TG Visions Gate. Both to be released on August 25. A Man Called Hero & The Duel. Both are going to be in black keep cases and tech specs including audio and sub options are TBD.

a-man-called-hero-limited-edition--de.jpg

das-duell-in-der-verbotenen-stadt-limited-edition--de.jpg

I have Stormriders too on DVD. That CGI is going to look absolutely shyte.

• Sad 2

Chu Liu Hsiang
1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

They give the release date with May 31.

Proving age is different if you're outside germany. I just looked at it. You have to create an account, then there are several options in the "personal data" section.  I guess the easiest way would be to make a Skype web call and show them your ID.

image.png.1107b576906aee021a18eed82f3f07b7.png

By a video call with the popular phone software SKYPE we can check your age first hand. Have your valid identification document at hand - a short video call is enough and we unlock you. Easy, gratis and quick.

If that does not work, or takes too long, please feel free to pm me.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk
4 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Won't this be available on Amazon.de?

Surely it will be, eventually. That's what I'm waiting for (I'm checking every day).

27 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Surely it will be, eventually. That's what I'm waiting for (I'm checking every day).

Well, if there are only 1000 copies available, I wouldn't wait if I were you...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
3 hours ago, Graysman said:

Hope this helps 

Thanks very much! A friend who hates dealing with buying from non-English sites said "If you wind up ordering AVENGING EAGLE, I'd like a copy too if you don't mind. In return, I'll buy your copy for you as a gift- you just pay the shipping and deal with the hassle of placing the order." :nerd: That price sounded perfect to me. So thanks to your help @Graysman I was able to place the order.

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

That stinks. I haven't ordered from them for a couple of years, but when I did I never had a problem.

2 hours ago, Graysman said:

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

That's great to hear! Maybe I'll give them another go.

1 hour ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

They give the release date with May 31.

Proving age is different if you're outside germany. I just looked at it. You have to create an account, then there are several options in the "personal data" section.  I guess the easiest way would be to make a Skype web call and show them your ID.

image.png.1107b576906aee021a18eed82f3f07b7.png

If that does not work, or takes too long, please feel free to pm me.

@Chu Liu Hsiang I really appreciate your kind offer. Thank you very much; that was cool of you. :bigsmile:

I did finally figure it out, but wasn't feeling comfortable about scanning my driver's license or waving it around on Skype to someone, so I went with D & T Mailorder instead.

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Won't this be available on Amazon.de?

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

47 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Well, if there are only 1000 copies available, I wouldn't wait if I were you...

@Drunken Monk as long as you eventually get your order, it may be worth a long wait rather than risk missing out all together. This release is English-friendly, from a print that includes the scene missing from all other releases (an important bit of pure action from smack dab in the middle of the climactic battle, no less), and won't suffer from frame cutting like the Celestial master (meaning the IVL and Dragon Dynasty releases). This is a "must have" (IMO) and it's limited. I'm shocked they're only doing a thousand units of this title. I'd guess it's going to go fairly quickly.

• Like 3

ChillyChong

D&T is very reliable. There has been some cases they were not unavailable to complete order but they were on yellow light warning area already. For new items never issues. Plus items cheaper than in amazon.de

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, saltysam said:

The VS of that one is excellent, don't see it beating that release.

I totally forgot that VS released Death Machines and I kept thinking it was a Dark Force Entertainment release. I actually bought that blu ray too but can't remember where I put it? Anyway, glad to hear the VS is excellent for when & if I do eventually track it down.

8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I also had the misfortune of ordering from them in the past. I said never again! Not only non-existent customer service but their shipping prices were outrageous and that was before the pandemic. hate to imagine how much they're gouging their international customers now.

ChillyChong

Hmm...I am not working for d&t or so but when pre-ordered limited edition item they never failed(got all covers for hitcher and evil that men do).Only reason have not yet clicked avenging eagle waiting if they add cheetah on fire, I do not like 15€ shipping and if possible want to combine orders and decrease stress if postman loses items,..but I am not telling to buy from them, different experiences and with amazon they compensate if troubles.

I think the problem with D&T, IIRC, is that if even one item in your order is out of stock it will hold up the entire order. If everything is in stock, then you are good to go. The only time I placed an order with them (a very large order) this is what happened and it didn't ship until I finally contacted them and told them to cancel the item that wasn't in stock (and was probably out of print). Once that happened everything shipped quickly and securely. YMMV.

• Like 1

ChillyChong
4 minutes ago, Ronin said:

I think the problem with D&T, IIRC, is that if even one item in your order is out of stock it will hold up the entire order. If everything is in stock, then you are good to go. The only time I placed an order with them (a very large order) this is what happened and it didn't ship until I finally contacted them and told them to cancel the item that wasn't in stock (and was probably out of print). Once that happened everything shipped quickly and securely. YMMV.

That is correct. They do not info that much if delays. I think they did that only once to me but if pay with credit card at least they do not charge before items are on shipping stage so not extra fussle on that.I guess in some situations amazon.de is superior specially if ordering one item but in general d(ragon)&t(mailorder) in my experience is supreme for non-retail editions.

11 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

I hope Grooves Inc would have it up soon as well, but Amazon probably still is the easiest option

I can't recall Grooves ever stocking filmArt releases? Maybe it's one of the distributors that filmArt refuses to deal with much like TVP. Speaking of which, @panku compiled a list of all TVP releases but it hasn't been updated in several years. If I have time, I'll get around to updating it.

• Like 2

Come to think of it, you're right. Previously I only ever got TVP and FilmArt releases from Amazon Germany, D&T shop and occasionally DVD Paradis. I don't remember those titles being available on Grooves Inc

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 1

ChillyChong
17 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

I hope Grooves Inc would have it up soon as well, but Amazon probably still is the easiest option

Not sure if it`s easiest but at least it is very safe one.  I never had issues with vinegar, d&t, mondo macabro or diabolik with damaged or missing items. With amazon.uk and de some times but they handled it correctly. Probably other mentioned and honoured companies would have done same but as said no experiences with such issue.For Eu residents amazon.de is great if movies are age rated then do not need to buy much to get free shipping, think it`s 39€.But sadly most of these cult movies we love are not rated

• Like 2