Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Just ordered that double feature with Buddha Assassinator from amazon.de instead of the MegaMax one because of the extra Mandarin and Cantonese audio tracks. The MegaMax fullscreen german only uncut version does not interest me since i don't speak german. Had it had english dub (or raw original dub) it wouldv'e been far more interesting.

Just ordered that double feature with Buddha Assassinator from amazon.de instead of the MegaMax one because of the extra Mandarin and Cantonese audio tracks. The MegaMax fullscreen german only uncut version does not interest me since i don't speak german. Had it had english dub (or raw original dub) it wouldv'e been far more interesting.

DMG, Wasn't the Mega-max version a complete wide-screen format with the English dub? BTW is this version available yet? :tinysmile_angry2_t:

DMG, Wasn't the Mega-max version a complete wide-screen format with the English dub? BTW is this version available yet? :tinysmile_angry2_t:

According to Spannick, the dual feature release uses the same print as the MegaMax one but with the difference that the MegaMax one lacks the Mandarin and Cantonese audio tracks, but includes a fullscreen uncut german only version of the movie as extras. I prefer a release with English/German/Mandarin/Cantonese audio compared to one with English/German only :).

And if you look back in this thread, spannick mentioned that the MegaMax print will be released within the coming weeks together with two other movies.

According to Spannick, the dual feature release uses the same print as the MegaMax one but with the difference that the MegaMax one lacks the Mandarin and Cantonese audio tracks, but includes a fullscreen uncut german only version of the movie as extras. I prefer a release with English/German/Mandarin/Cantonese audio compared to one with English/German only :).

And if you look back in this thread, spannick mentioned that the MegaMax print will be released within the coming weeks together with two other movies.

Thanks for the clarification DMG.

Somehow on my Disc with the Double Feature English Subtitles do not seem to work.

I tried it both on my PS3 and on my computer with Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3.

So if you do not speak German (OK I am Swiss but it is technically German) be aware that the English subtitles might not work and therefore Mandarin/Cantonese tracks are pointless.

OK if you actually speak Cantonese/Mandarin just forget what I said.

i said twice here that the dvd for BUDDHA KILLER does NOT have English Subtitles. the optional English Subs are only for the missing scenes of the English Dub.

OK didn't see that. Just wanted to mention it. Did you translate the English Subtitles yourself or are they from the HK Video CD?

And other question which soundtrack is Cantonese the third? The cover mentions only German and on the ofdb there is only mentioned Mandarin.

Coming soon... the fabolously infamous SHAOLIN INVINCIBLES, starring Carter Wong, Tan Tao Liang and two Giant Monster Ape Creatures and their Wizards.

in restored 2.35 / 16:9, from one of the few remaining German Cinema Prints.

as for the Moment, only German and English Audio are planned, can't find Chinese Versions (was out on Ocean Shores though)

tdlichesduell_28.jpg

Plans to released this still on hold?

This is wonderful news! In general, how long does it usually take from the stage you recieve the source material until mastering and distribution is finished?

Dubbing and Authoring take a week normally (not full worktime :D)

Cool! So reasonably in theory the product could be on the shelves about 1-1.5 months after recieving the masters? :)

Does anyone have an insight on where Ten Brothers of Shaolin will be sold? Can't find it listed anywhere, including ofdb, and they don't have a clue when asking them. Spannick? ;)

it's not released yet, can be any day. and basically it can only be gotten at filmundo.de, as their online shop does not work yet, dtm and ofdb do not carry them

it's not released yet, can be any day. and basically it can only be gotten at filmundo.de, as their online shop does not work yet, dtm and ofdb do not carry them

Wow. These guys seem to not want any business. amazon.de or ofdb would've worked for me (and ofdb lists other MegaMax titles). Ah well, i'll see if i can arrange for my German or Austrian friends to try and pick me up a copy when it's released.

yes, judging from their forum presence they are very dumb indeed. maybe ofdb will list the new ones after release.

I got mine from filmundo.de luckily I live near the German border and have a German Packstation address.

But finding a complete release list from megamax is a bit hard.

I love the films I got so far.

MEGAMAX MOVIES

BUDDHA ASSASSINATOR (BUDDHA KILLER)

2.35 restored German Cinema Print (4s of low Level Violence cut, does not really matter)

Bonus Features:

- German, English and Chinese Trailer

- Stills Gallery

- German uncut Version in cropped Fullscreen (1.33 / 4x3)

Audio:

German, English, Mandarin, Cantonese

Subtitles:

German (full Movie)

Two Scenes missing in the English Dubtrack can be optionally subtitled in English!

OF COOKS AND KUNG FU (DER TODESHAUCH DES GOLDENEN DRACHEN)

2.35 restored German Cinema Print (cut by a few Minutes of Comedy Dialogue Scenes).

Bonus Features:

- German Trailer

- Stills Gallery

- English uncut Version in cropped 1.66 Format (4x3)

Audio:

German, English.

No Subtitles

sadly not English friendly, but maybe of interest to Collectors or Mandarin Speakers:

ONE ARMED SWORDSWOMAN (LI FENG - DIE EINARMIGE SCHWERTKÄMPFERIN

2.35 restored German Cinema Print (cut by some Violence and Dialogue)

Bonus Features:

- German Trailer

- Stills Gallery

- Alternate Mandarin Version (dutch Subtitles) from a Rare Dutch VHS (censored differently than the German Print - there IS no full uncut Print to my knowledge) in 2.35 (4x3)

Audio:

German (Cinema Print), Mandarin (VHS Bonus Version)

Subtitles:

Dutch on Bonus Version

HITMAN IN THE HAND OF BUDDHA (IM AUGE DES TAIFUN)

2.35 restored German Cinema Print (cut by some Violence and lots of Dialogue; Fight Scenes uncut)

Bonus Features:

- German, English Trailer

- Stills Gallery

- Alternate English Dub Version (missing some Dialogue included in German Print, cropped Fullscreen Version)

Audio:

German, English (German Print), English (alternate Bonus Version)

No Subtitles:

DUEL WITH THE DEVIL (TAIPAN - DER TEUFEL MIT DER DRACHENKLAUE)

2.35 restored German Cinema Print (cut by some Dialogue, Violence intact)

Bonus Features:

- German Trailer

- Stills Gallery

- Alternate Chinese Print (as per Crash, but in 25fps and properly encoded - Censored in one Sequence which is intact in German Print - much worse Quality on Print than German Version)

Audio:

German, English

Subtitles:

German

BEST OF SHAOLIN KUNG FU (DAS ERBE DER 18 BRONZEKÄMPFER)

2.35 restored German Cinema Print (no info about cuts available)

Bonus Features:

- Super 8 Version

- Stills Gallery

- Carter Wong Interview

- Trailers for the 18 Bronzemen Movies

Is 'Buddha Killer' out yet? :neutral:

Not the MegaMax print. This one is however: http://www.amazon.de/Eastern-Double-Feature-Vol-Zauberzopf/dp/B002YNWU4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268906426&sr=8-1. Sadly i had to return my copy since it was damaged, but i got a glimpse of the quality of Buddha Killer and it's really really good! Easily compareable to the Joy Sales releases we've been seeing lately. Will be looking forward to my replacement copy which should arrive within a week or so.

Specs are English, German, Mandarin & Cantonese audio, Anamorphic WS 2.35:1, German (optional) subs, English (optional subs) only for some scenes where the english dubtrack is missing parts. Runtime is about 01:24:23 (perhaps give a few seconds for the damaged part)