Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Have filmart ever tinkered with their Shaw releases? I'd be more hopeful of the missing footage being inserted if it was TVP. Fingers Crossed though

• Like 2

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

Have filmart ever tinkered with their Shaw releases? I'd be more hopeful of the missing footage being inserted if it was TVP. Fingers Crossed though

Here are all of Film Art's Shaw releases. I don't recall FA ever inserting lower quality sources for a composite print but my memory isn't the best. Didn't Blood Brothers have deleted footage?

Screenshot_2023-03-16 FilmArt catalog - The Grindhouse Cinema Database.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I never picked up Blood Brothers as it wasn't English friendly ( I don't think?)

I believe you're correct that one wasn't English friendly. In fact, that list I posted isn't even complete because Film Art has released The Convict Killer since then & that makes 11 titles but I only have 10 listed. Which one am I missing?

**Edit**

ok, I remember now, it was Ten Tigers of Kwantung which was #10, Virgin of the Seven Seas which was #12, so Avenging Eagle will be #13.

294252_large.jpg

311880_large.jpg

289514_large.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

And Flag of iron too ! We, Shaws' and martial arts movies fans, are living GREAT TIMES after so many years without any new releases and now with all these Shaws' and other martial arts movies surfacing everywhere !

I should say Everywhere, Everything, All at Once !! :monk_laughing::monk_laughing:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Now everyone is waiting on news about English subs or audio. So far, filmArt has been coy about any confirmation one way or the other. the previous filmArt Shaw releases have been majority English friendly with a few exceptions. Fingers crossed!

I believe the LSP that filmArt refers to in the facebook post is LSP Medien, a German full service firm that authors, scans, restores, remasters, & does color grading for blu ray/dvd projects.

http://www.lsp-medien.de/

Screenshot_2023-03-17 Der Schrei des gelben Adlers Blu-ray (The Avenging Eagle Leng xue shi san ying 冷血十三鷹 Shaw Brothers Co[...].png

• Like 2

If any firms do decide to include English subtitles, they should be encouraged to remaster them (I know it can be costly and isn’t their primary market).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

And Flag of iron too ! We, Shaws' and martial arts movies fans, are living GREAT TIMES after so many years without any new releases and now with all these Shaws' and other martial arts movies surfacing everywhere !

I should say Everywhere, Everything, All at Once !! :monk_laughing::monk_laughing:

88's Flag Of Iron is excellent, this will very likely just use the same transfer.

• Like 3

Nameless media will be releasing Enter the Dragon in mediabook format with 3 covers. of course, English friendly. Scheduled for release next week on Wednesday.

Der-Mann-mit-der-Todeskralle-Mediabooks-Galerie.jpg

• Like 2

Love the original poster art one but this will just be the existing SE disc chucked into a pricey medaook. easy pass. Despite the 4k coming this year  have little faith in Warner, suspect the best version will remain the original theatrical in the Criterion.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

DigiDreams will be releasing Mad Mission 1 & Mad Mission 2 aka Aces Go Places on blu ray with a scheduled street date of April 27. It will be English friendly with the mono English audio track. No word if the rest of the series will also be released individually.

71bxXujmbiL._SL1278_.jpg

71iVCAzTUTL._SL1184_.jpg

71kWXjSwPyL._SL1278_.jpg

71Pfi+JeEnL._SL1184_.jpg

• Like 3

Two Andrew Lau films are coming to blu ray from TG Visions Gate. Both to be released on August 25. A Man Called Hero & The Duel. Both are going to be in black keep cases and tech specs including audio and sub options are TBD.

a-man-called-hero-limited-edition--de.jpg

das-duell-in-der-verbotenen-stadt-limited-edition--de.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Django said:

714aaTYUIfL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp

We discussed this release here & the prospects that this is a legit 2K remaster are slim to none and slim left the room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 3/18/2023 at 1:44 AM, Yihetuan said:

Now everyone is waiting on news about English subs or audio. So far, filmArt has been coy about any confirmation one way or the other. the previous filmArt Shaw releases have been majority English friendly with a few exceptions. Fingers crossed!

I believe the LSP that filmArt refers to in the facebook post is LSP Medien, a German full service firm that authors, scans, restores, remasters, & does color grading for blu ray/dvd projects.

http://www.lsp-medien.de/

Screenshot_2023-03-17 Der Schrei des gelben Adlers Blu-ray (The Avenging Eagle Leng xue shi san ying 冷血十三鷹 Shaw Brothers Co[...].png

I see now this will have English subtitles Great News!!!!

Barcode: 4250578595743
Release:  May 31, 2023
FSK: none / unchecked
Region code: A/B/C - Codefree
Packaging:   Colored Keep Case

- Blu-Ray world premiere!
- Uncut version!
- Limited to 1000 copies
- A FILM ART production distributed by Media Target

Info:

You don't leave your family. Chi Ming-Sing feels this unwritten law firsthand.
He is a member of the Brotherhood of 13 Eagles. The Brotherhood is an association of orphans who were raised to be brutal killers and robbers
by despotic kung fu master Yoh Xi-Hung .

During a raid, Chi Ming-Sing is left in the fray and badly wounded.
Strangers take him in and while he regains his strength, Chi decides
to leave the Brotherhood.
His brothers mock him for it, and Yoh Xi-Hung gives the order to punish the 13th brother for breaking their ideals
... with death.
On the run, Chi meets a mysterious stranger who teams up with him to settle evens with Yoh Xi-Hung.
The two men have no idea what fateful event actually connects them.

Hong Kong 1978
A Sun Chung Film
Starring: Ti Lung / Alexander Fu Sheng / Ku Feng / Shih Szu / Yu Yung

Technical data Blu-Ray:

Image format: 2.35:1 1080p FULL HD
Languages: German, Mandarin DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO Mono
Running time: 93 min. (UNCUT)
Subtitles: German (for missing parts), English

Extras:

- Artbook for the film
- SHAW BROTHERS TRAILER SHOW including the rare German trailer for 5 FIGHTERS FROM STEEL
- German long version (HD)
- German cinema trailer
- promotrailer
- picture gallery
- reversible cover

Edited by Graysman
  • Like 5