Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

The Man from Hong Kong looks to be coming in 4K!

A4407735-B5BC-481A-869F-43233B3BC4EA.jpeg

I had no idea that this film is finally off the "index" list in Germany? It can now be sold & displayed to minors. I can understand Story of Ricky for it's depiction of graphic violence but this movie?

Camera Obscura Filmdistribution has shared new details about the premiere of the action-adventure The Man from Hong Kong (Australia, Hong Kong 1975) on its social media channel. Probably the most important news is that the application for deletion from the list submitted to the testing center for media harmful to young people was successful and the uncut film version is no longer indexed with immediate effect. Next, the strip starring Jimmy Wang Yu will be submitted to the FSK for review and approval. In the meantime, the 4K restoration has been completed, the Blu-ray is already ready for the final check and the media books are already being printed. The 4K version on Ultra HD Blu-ray will then follow and then nothing will stand in the way of publication.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Does this release (Man from HK) can be watched on a normal bluray player ? region free ?

if it includes the Blu ray YES ( I pressume it will) If not and it's  4k UHD then no you would need a 4k Blu ray player

• Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Does this release (Man from HK) can be watched on a normal bluray player ? region free ?

It will include both discs blu ray & 4K UHD. UHD cannot be played in a regular blu ray player. The blu ray might be region locked B but since you're in France that's not an issue but UHD discs are always region free, so no need to worry about region compatibility there.

**edit**

missed @Graysman post right above mine before I posted.

Edited by Yihetuan
didn't see post
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, Yihetuan said:

I doubt there will be any difference. The other release was said to be a bootleg but I don't know? It will include the POF commentary as a supplement like the 2018 release but the POF guys never officially approved it, so it's probably being used without their permission.

http://podcastonfire.com/2010/03/commentary-on-fire-enter-the-fat-dragon/

Wouldn't hold my breath.

We approved it because the recording is old and bad. Someone asked, we said yes. Didn't even ask for anything in return because of the technical quality.

• Like 5

Do we know if the upcoming ‎T.V.P. - The Vengeance Pack of New One Armed Swordsman include English subs? 
  • Like 1

ChillyChong

I asked from Shamrock about release dates and Cheetah on fire should be out on April. And Dreaming the reality hits the stores on June if no delays happen.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 12:27 PM, Jochem said:
Do we know if the upcoming ‎T.V.P. - The Vengeance Pack of New One Armed Swordsman include English subs? 

@KUNG FU BOB mentioned he would let us know as soon as he has confirmed it.

• Like 1

So Film Art is releasing Shaolin Kung Fu Master as double blu ray bonus pack because it will also include Shaolin Iron Finger as a bonus film. Both uncut & in HD with Shaolin Kung Fu being English friendly. Not sure about the bonus film. Scheduled for release in June.

shaolin-kung-fu---vollstrecker-der-gerechtigkeit-blu-ray---bonus-blu-ray.jpg

• Like 4

actionfan93
10 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

I asked from Shamrock about release dates and Cheetah on fire should be out on April. And Dreaming the reality hits the stores on June if no delays happen.

How do you order shamrock's releases I couldn't find them anywhere at least no where that ships to the U.S.?

One Armed Boxer
9 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

shaolin-kung-fu---vollstrecker-der-gerechtigkeit-blu-ray---bonus-blu-ray.jpg

Is it just me or has a beard been painted on Casanova Wong from the old poster for 'Magnificent Wonderman from Shaolin'? :tongueout

s-l1600.jpg.86af0bd8c572aeda90bcc39b5445c023.jpg

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Is it just me or has a beard been painted on Casanova Wong from the old poster for 'Magnificent Wonderman from Shaolin'? :tongueout

s-l1600.jpg.86af0bd8c572aeda90bcc39b5445c023.jpg

Good catch considering Casanova Wong is not even in any of those two movies. Guess he was just a generic composite kung fu character for the cover? Film Art does state the finished product is still TBD, so maybe they'll put in a proper cover once released.

The TVP mediabooks of this film are still available for anyone who wants to order that version instead but of course from a value standpoint, this Film Art release offers the bonus movie and will still be cheaper since it's just an amaray case.

4 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

How do you order shamrock's releases I couldn't find them anywhere at least no where that ships to the U.S.?

it should be coming to German Amazon when announced. Not banned or indexed as other titles from Shamrock's last batch of releases.

actionfan93
18 hours ago, spannick said:

it should be coming to German Amazon when announced. Not banned or indexed as other titles from Shamrock's last batch of releases.

thanks I couldn't find any of their releases on there shipped to the U.S. but I know they are supposed to have girls with guns such as Angel and others I will buy theirs and Eurekas and 88s should they all release a version

On 3/9/2023 at 1:32 AM, actionfan93 said:

You can try jpc.de, unless the movies are FSK 18.

You can also try groovesland.com and dvdparadies.com and maybe ebay.de, but a lot of sellers there don't ship outside Germany.

I watched the german blu of Death Dimension earlier, while it's been cleaned up unfortunately digidreams have restored it so it's slathered in DNR.

• Like 1

Fokus Media will be putting out Chuck Norris' Enter the Hitman aka Logan's War: Bound by Honor as a mediabook with a release date of April 17. English audio of course. 3 different covers. Cover A & B limited to 222 copies adn Cover C & D imited to 111.

enter-the-hitman-mediabook-a.jpg

enter-the-hitman-mediabook-a-r.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Fokus Media will be putting out Chuck Norris' Enter the Hitman aka Logan's War: Bound by Honor as a mediabook with a release date of April 17. English audio of course. 3 different covers. Cover A & B limited to 222 copies adn Cover C & D imited to 111.

enter-the-hitman-mediabook-a.jpg

enter-the-hitman-mediabook-a-r.jpg

I'm actually a bit confused how they got the rights to this. I remember this being a tv flick tho I do enjoy both movies. I hope they put out the other as well

• Like 2

Film Art has been teasing Avenging Eagle for the longest time but looks like it's finally going to be available as it's undergoing final QC testing. It should be up for pre-order within the next two weeks. The cover below is the final artwork. Technical specs and audio options TBD.

Der_Schrei_des_gelben_Adlers_Galerie.jpg

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 2

RebelIntruder
6 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Film Art has been teasing Avenging Eagle for the longest time but looks like it's finally going to be available as it's undergoing final QC testing. It should be up for pre-order within the next two weeks. The cover below is the final artwork. Technical specs and audio options TBD.

One of Shaw's best.  Is this completely uncut?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RebelIntruder said:

One of Shaw's best.  Is this completely uncut?

Good question. I'm not sure? I don't know if Film Art added in the lower res cut scenes or not. Will know once they release the specs of the total runtime.

Edited by Yihetuan

Chu Liu Hsiang
57 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Happy New Year GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3