Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

This release has been confirmed to include English subtitles regardless of what the labeling on the back on the blu ray case states.

Well that makes it a must for me then. More Taiwanese indies please!! 

• Like 5

8 Film continues to release yet another mediabook of Kurando Mitsutake's Karate Kill.  Limited to 333 copies. The special edition also contains the DVD version and a 24-page booklet by Nando Rohner. Special features include a making-of, exclusive interviews with director Kurando Mitsutake and actress Asami, alternate credits, a slideshow, trailer and teaser. Delivery is already planned for the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Karate_Kill_Galerie_Mediabook_Cover_C.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/15/2023 at 7:03 AM, Yihetuan said:

8 Film continues to release yet another mediabook of Kurando Mitsutake's Karate Kill.  Limited to 333 copies. The special edition also contains the DVD version and a 24-page booklet by Nando Rohner. Special features include a making-of, exclusive interviews with director Kurando Mitsutake and actress Asami, alternate credits, a slideshow, trailer and teaser. Delivery is already planned for the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Karate_Kill_Galerie_Mediabook_Cover_C.jpg

Where can I order this? I have the DVD but wouldn't mind upgrading. They should have put the evil eye patch lady on the cover. 

25 minutes ago, Scottfu said:

Where can I order this? I have the DVD but wouldn't mind upgrading. They should have put the evil eye patch lady on the cover. 

I'm sure it'll pop up on Amazon Germany soon. They still have the listing for the previous mediabook.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Jeffrey-James-Lippold/dp/B06XNNBZXF/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3CKOSZ04B17F&keywords=karate+kill&qid=1676599324&sprefix=karate+kill%2Caps%2C355&sr=8-2

• Like 1

• Administrator
On 2/17/2023 at 7:06 AM, Sun Chung said:

I've saw screenshots of this. Unfortunately, same crap as Panorama

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Das-Schwert-Blu-ray/329109/

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you, @Sun Chung, referring to the upcoming release of THE SWORD in your post?

15 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

TVP said they're just using the master provided by Celestial but did some frame cuts & color correction work.

And are you, @Yihetuan, replying to him, but actually are referring to the upcoming release of THE NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN in your post?

In a thread where multiple titles are being spoken about it's always helpful to specify the one you are writing about in your post to avoid any confusion (cause I'm confused :thinking).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you, @Sun Chung, referring to the upcoming release of THE SWORD in your post?

And are you, @Yihetuan, replying to him, but actually are referring to the upcoming release of THE NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN in your post?

In a thread where multiple titles are being spoken about it's always helpful to specify the one you are writing about in your post to avoid any confusion (cause I'm confused :thinking).

Me too... :)

• Like 1

@KUNG FU BOB, apologies to you and @Sun Chung as it's completely my fault. I haphazardly read & responded to the wrong post. I was confused because the The New One Armed Swordsman was the same Celestial remastered print as used before in the IVL blu ray but I didn't check the link and realize he was talking about The Sword. Sorry for the confusion!

Yes, it's disappointing that The Sword is the same bad print as used in the HK blu ray but unfortunately not very surprising. At least this news will save any early adopters who were going to purchase it before a review came out regarding the PQ.

@KUNG FU BOB, do you have any further info as to whether the re-release of The New One Armed Swordsman will be English friendly?

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Yeah. The Sword (Ming Jian) from Cargo. I saw the screenshots in the private tracker and was so disappointed that I didn't even bother to download it.

On 2/18/2023 at 3:35 AM, Yihetuan said:

TVP said they're just using the master provided by Celestial but did some frame cuts & color correction work.

This is not the movie TVP mentioned !!! The Sword is not from TVP. The TVP one is "The New One-Armed Swordsman" - Shaw Brothers 1971 starring Ti Lung , David Chiang, director Chang Cheh. The Celestial Restauration had alot of framecuts with a runtime of 93.15 minutes. The new TVP will have a runtime of 103 minutes !!!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

What date is it released? Amazon.de?

It is coming on 03.03.2023

here is a link to Amazon.de but to expensive :

https://www.amazon.de/Das-Schwert-gelben-Tigers-Mediabook/dp/B0BTRKNFGP/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

here you can get it cheaper :

https://www.medienversand.at/Schwert-des-gelben-Tigers--Das---Uncut-Final-Mediabook-Edition---DVD-blu-ray---A---Deutsch-DVD-blu-ray.html?2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kuenfist said:

This is not the movie TVP mentioned !!! The Sword is not from TVP. The TVP one is "The New One-Armed Swordsman" - Shaw Brothers 1971 starring Ti Lung , David Chiang, director Chang Cheh. The Celestial Restauration had alot of framecuts with a runtime of 93.15 minutes. The new TVP will have a runtime of 103 minutes !!!

Why are you attacking me?! I just explained it in the post above yours that I made a mistake.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@KUNG FU BOB, apologies to you and @Sun Chung as it's completely my fault. I haphazardly read & responded to the wrong post. I was confused because the The New One Armed Swordsman was the same Celestial remastered print as used before in the IVL blu ray but I didn't check the link and realize he was talking about The Sword. Sorry for the confusion!

Yes, it's disappointing that The Sword is the same bad print as used in the HK blu ray but unfortunately not very surprising. At least this news will save any early adopters who were going to purchase it before a review came out regarding the PQ.

@KUNG FU BOB, do you have any further info as to whether the re-release of The New One Armed Swordsman will be English friendly?

No problem, I've had to correct mistakes here as well. But thanks for the clarification.

That's a shame about THE SWORD; it deserves a top-tier release.

I still don't have confirmation on English subs for THE NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN. I'll post immediately if I find out.

14 hours ago, Sun Chung said:

Yeah. The Sword (Ming Jian) from Cargo.

I appreciate you clearing that up.

6 hours ago, kuenfist said:

Please unclench your @kuenfist my brother, it was just a mistake. :wink:

Yeah, Mirko put a ton of work into fully restoring this one!

• Like 4

The JVC and Simon Yam movie, Wake of Death is getting a padded limited edition mediabook release. 3 cover variants and pre-orders expected to start next month but no firm release date as of yet. English friendly of course.

wake-of-death-wattierte-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a-vorab.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 1:57 PM, Yihetuan said:

Why are you attacking me?! I just explained it in the post above yours that I made a mistake.

Sorry was not meant as a attack !!!! please don't misunderstand me !!!!

• Buddha Bless You 1

RebelIntruder
On 2/13/2023 at 11:50 AM, Yihetuan said:

This release has been confirmed to include English subtitles regardless of what the labeling on the back on the blu ray case states.

Definitely gonna pick this one up.

• Like 1

I took a chance on The Sword before the reports came in. It arrived earlier. It seems to be 32 seconds shorter than the HK release, not sure why that is. States the audio is 2.0 ,the HK is 5.1, not sure if downmix. A couple of caps, HK is first.

SWORDHK2.png

SWORDGERM2.png

Swordhk3.png

swordgerm3.png

swordhk4.png

SWORDGERM4.png

swordhk5.png

swordgerm5.png

• Like 7

12 hours ago, saltysam said:

I took a chance on The Sword before the reports came in. It arrived earlier. It seems to be 32 seconds shorter than the HK release, not sure why that is. States the audio is 2.0 ,the HK is 5.1, not sure if downmix. A couple of caps, HK is first.

SWORDHK2.png

SWORDGERM2.png

Swordhk3.png

swordgerm3.png

swordhk4.png

SWORDGERM4.png

swordhk5.png

swordgerm5.png

Is this a upscale?

2 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

Is this a upscale?

Definitely, looks like a light layer of fake grain was applied too. I actually prefer the look of the HK blu too (which is also an upscale).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, panzer said:

Definitely, looks like a light layer of fake grain was applied too. I actually prefer the look of the HK blu too (which is also an upscale).

Yes, the detail in the HK blu ray is more apparent and there is a lot of ringing in the German blu ray which artificially looks sharper.

• Like 1