Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Shock Entertainment is at it again with the works of Gaira. A mediabook of Guts of Virgin 3 aka Female Inquisitor aka Rusted Body: Guts of a Virgin 3 is due out on Feb 23. It will have English subs like the previous 2 releases. The only bonus extras are trailers but will include a 28 pg booklet. 3 cover variations.

NSFW cover:

Spoiler

2npdUSr.jpg

rusted-body-mediabook-b.jpg

rusted-body-mediabook-c.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2023 at 7:49 PM, Super Ninja said:

Hope this means we can expect Black Samurai as well.

there is no German dub for BLACK SAMURAI, so that hope is to be set low. Yeah, sadly the only way to get most of the Al Adamson action classics is to buy the whole USA Bluray Boxset from Severin.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 8:23 AM, spannick said:

there is no German dub for BLACK SAMURAI, so that hope is to be set low. Yeah, sadly the only way to get most of the Al Adamson action classics is to buy the whole USA Bluray Boxset from Severin.

Exactly what I was hoping to avoid.

• Like 1

Kurando Mitsutake's Gun Woman is getting yet another mediabook German release. This time a limited edition padded mediabook with spot varnish finish released in 666 pieces from 8 Films label. pre-orders starting soon. English audio and subs. [edit: street date is March 31]

gun-woman-limited-wattiertes-mediabook-edition-cover-d-vorab.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
release date now added
  • Like 1

A company in Germany is going to be releasing the Sunset Warrior cut of Heroes Shed No Tears on blu later this year. All the new scenes will be in Korean, as they can't find the M&E for those scenes.

Edited by nahnahnah
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

A company in Germany is going to be releasing the Sunset Warrior cut of Heroes Shed No Tears on blu later this year. All the new scenes will be in Korean, as they can't find the M&E for those scenes.

This will be a totally legit release of course 😌😏

• Haha 2

• Administrator

Regarding TVP- The Vengeance Pack's upcoming re-release of NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN featuring a newly restored/reconstructed scan, I have heard that it WILL include English subtitles, but can't definitely confirm it yet. You can read more about it here for now: https://www.36styles.com/kungfufandom/topic/23586-tvp-martial-arts-movies-releases/page/2/

• Like 4

Chen Hung Lieh
7 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Unless I just overlooked the official announcement of that company, you seem to have insider information. Can you also confirm this will be a legit release? EDIT: Found out just now, Nameless Media will release it, so I assume it will be legit.

Edited by Chen Hung Lieh
  • Like 1

Yes, I might have been mistaken. The label is Nameless Media, not Cargo Media, Mr. Banker or Schröder Media. So the Sunset Warrior release might actually be legit.

• Like 1

This is a good breakdown of what the working print of Sunset Warriors that will be included in the Nameless blu ray. Old PangYau breaks this down in the 88 Films supplemental features but it should've been included from the start. The Korean Film Archive HD stream looks pretty good and a lot better than just inserting the lower res Korean VHS shots.

https://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=401846

In English:

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=873774

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 4

On 2/7/2023 at 12:50 PM, Drunken Monk said:

EC71359D-C9BD-4D2C-9C12-798F54024DD3.jpeg

Those are terrible looking covers. I hope that's just a mock up and not the final cover art. I much prefer the original Nameless mediabook art which was based on the original poster.

• Like 3

Ahoy, new member here! Like you, trying to dig up information on subtitles and just title releases in general. I've never looked into the various distribution companies, but I see "Shamrock" mentioned here a lot. Do they have some sort of website with info on their releases? I'm looking for that "Cheetah on Fire" mentioned earlier, but can't find any info on it anywhere! Was it ever released?

I was also trying to find a website for "Imperial Pictures" that distribute diverse martial arts movies in Germany, but no luck! Google doesn't give me anything for Shamrick, either. I find it super-weird! Why don't these companies have an interest in making this info available? And why do sellers like Amazon and eBay so often neglect to show the subtitle status of a given release? Is the world of niche movie distribution really that incompetent?! Anyway, very happy to have been directed to this forum via a Facebook group. Glad to be here!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tue Sorensen said:

Ahoy, new member here! Like you, trying to dig up information on subtitles and just title releases in general. I've never looked into the various distribution companies, but I see "Shamrock" mentioned here a lot. Do they have some sort of website with info on their releases? I'm looking for that "Cheetah on Fire" mentioned earlier, but can't find any info on it anywhere! Was it ever released?

I was also trying to find a website for "Imperial Pictures" that distribute diverse martial arts movies in Germany, but no luck! Google doesn't give me anything for Shamrick, either. I find it super-weird! Why don't these companies have an interest in making this info available? And why do sellers like Amazon and eBay so often neglect to show the subtitle status of a given release? Is the world of niche movie distribution really that incompetent?! Anyway, very happy to have been directed to this forum via a Facebook group. Glad to be here!

Cheetah on Fire hasn't been released yet. You can contact Shamrock via their facebook page here. Whether they respond to you is another matter. Information about Cargo/Imperial/TG Vision/Shamrock releases can be found here. Their contact info is on that page. I find Martin Henschel is quite willing to share info about future releases and replies to emails fairly quickly. Some labels are quite coy about English subs due to licensing agreements.

• Like 1

True Grit will release in May the Taiwanese indie, The Red Phoenix starring David Chiang, Lo Lieh, Yueh Hua, Polly Shang Kuan, Blackie Ko. World Premiere on blu ray. Two cover variants & bonus features TBD. Audio and sub options TBD.

in-den-krallen-des-roten-phoenix-cover-a-vorab.jpg

in-den-krallen-des-roten-phoenix-cover-b-vorab.jpg

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Men Behind the Sun will get another mediabook release in April. This will not be padded like the release back in 2020 but will include DVD + bonus materials. Will include English subtitles along with original Mandarin audio. 3 cover variants.

NSFW covers:

Spoiler

NcBpTwc.jpg

Spoiler

UvgPClN.jpg

Spoiler

QyvJ84B.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

True Grit will release in May the Taiwanese indie, The Red Phoenix starring David Chiang, Lo Lieh, Yueh Hua, Polly Shang Kuan, Blackie Ko. World Premiere on blu ray. Two cover variants & bonus features TBD. Audio and sub options TBD.

Youhouhouhouhouh !!!!! Dancing Queen Reaction GIF by Soul Train

Thanks for the news !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Sun Chung said:

Where can I find the list of WVG Medien martial arts releases?

I believe @RebelIntruder made a google doc list but I can't seem to find it again.

[edit]: my bad, it wasn't WVG but Asia Line.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

The Red Phoenix is quite a good thriller, it had me guessing to the end and the

Spoiler

big villain in red

turned out to be quite unexpected.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 7:34 AM, Yihetuan said:

This release has been confirmed to include English subtitles regardless of what the labeling on the back on the blu ray case states.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1