Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

On 12/28/2022 at 3:54 PM, thundered mantis said:

Do we have confirmaton if this one is gonna be real HD? For 35 € is expensive enough for me to blind buy it...

it's a brand new scan, i would expect it to be released in UK or USA some time later also.

topsquad_1.jpg

• Like 4

Owing to that earlier post about the Golden Princess titles being bootlegs, does that mean that the upcoming ABT III might be a bootleg?

• Like 1

thundered mantis
1 hour ago, spannick said:

it's a brand new scan, i would expect it to be released in UK or USA some time later also.

topsquad_1.jpg

Thank yu man! Going for it now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, saltysam said:

The Swordsman coming

swords.jpg

It's also available with an alternate cover. Hopefully, it'll have English subs like the previous blu ray releases from K&R and Nova Media.

Screenshot_2022-12-31 Meister des Schwertes Blu-ray (DigiBook) (Germany).png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spannick said:

Shamrock teased a few HD titles yesterday...  should be English friendly

tease1.jpg

tease2.jpg

tease3.jpg

tease4.jpg

I haven't been following the Eureka, Arrow threads very closely but are these potential German releases the only sources for City Cops and Mission of Justice? Or is VS also releasing them?

51 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I haven't been following the Eureka, Arrow threads very closely but are these potential German releases the only sources for City Cops and Mission of Justice? Or is VS also releasing them?

i guess you have to ask the mentioned labels for more info then... maybe VS is more interested in 4th rank trash erotic movies from the late 90s from HK currently.

• Haha 1

David Chung's I Love Maria is coming in April from Cargo as a mediabook, It will be English friendly. It will come in 3 different cover variants and from a 2K HD remaster. I absolutely love this genre busting movie.

Screenshot_2023-01-03 ROBOFORCE - Die Zukunft hat begonnen - Cover A - 2K-HD-remastered [Blu-ray] [Limited Edition] Amazon [...].png

Screenshot_2023-01-03 ROBOFORCE - Die Zukunft hat begonnen - Cover B - 2K-HD-remastered [Blu-ray] [Limited Edition] Amazon [...].png

Screenshot_2023-01-03 ROBOFORCE - Die Zukunft hat begonnen - Cover C - 2K-HD-remastered [Blu-ray] [Limited Edition] Amazon [...].png

• Like 4

On 12/29/2022 at 3:50 PM, thundered mantis said:

I want to believe lol, thing is their release of the sword has arose suspicions in me, given that Panorama's an upscale

Yep, watched the Panorama disc recently, it is a pretty lousy upscale. This incredible film is crying for a proper blu ray release!

• Like 2

Tony Ching Siu-tung's Swordsman 2 starring Jet Li and Brigitte Lin will be coming out in mediabook form in June & Swordsman 3 aka The East is Red will be coming out a month later in July. Audio and subtitle options TBD but Amazon.de already lists it as being English friendly. Both from 2k remasters.

meister-des-schwertes-2-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a--de.jpg

meister-des-schwertes-3-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a.jpg

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Tony Ching Siu-tung's Swordsman 2 starring Jet Li and Brigitte Lin will be coming out in mediabook form in June & Swordsman 3 aka The East is Red will be coming out a month later in July. Audio and subtitle options TBD but Amazon.de already lists it as being English friendly. Both from 2k remasters.

meister-des-schwertes-2-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a--de.jpg

meister-des-schwertes-3-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a.jpg

Time to update my DVD's then.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Furious Slaughter Coming

wangyu.jpg

Not only Furious Slaughter but also MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE! It sound too good to be true that this is going to be true HD though. Due out May 26, from a 2K HD remaster.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BRDLYY5Y?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0BRDLYY5Y

Screenshot_2023-01-04 DUELL DER GIGANTEN - Limited 2K-HD-remastered [Blu-ray] Amazon de Wang Yu, Kam Kang, Jack Lung Sai-Ga[...].png

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Not only Furious Slaughter but also MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE! It sound too good to be true that this is going to be true HD though. Due out May 26, from a 2K HD remaster.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BRDLYY5Y?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0BRDLYY5Y

Screenshot_2023-01-04 DUELL DER GIGANTEN - Limited 2K-HD-remastered [Blu-ray] Amazon de Wang Yu, Kam Kang, Jack Lung Sai-Ga[...].png

MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE getting a release in true HD from a 2K remaster? I'll believe it when I see it. I'm highly skeptical about this.

If it turns out to be true though... wow!

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

30 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Not buying anymore German discs till someone else can vouch for the quality. Been burnt too many times now.

Only been burnt once. Which movies did you get let down on? Quality like VHS to blu ray disc? Shoddy upscale? 

• Like 1

Furious slaughter ! Wow ! One of my favorite Wang Yu's movies !

We should have a whole boxset of his movies, what do I say, SEVERAL boxsets of his bashers and wuxias movies !!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE getting a release in true HD from a 2K remaster? I'll believe it when I see it. I'm highly skeptical about this.

If it turns out to be true though... wow!

That's what we thought about the The Sword too until @spannick confirmed it was a new HD scan. But knowing the provenance of the film prints of MotFG especially in light of what Greg Hatanaka said about the subject, it seems highly unlikely. Considering the price is going to be less than $25 shipped, I might take a gamble just for the novelty of owning all the releases of this movie.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That's what we thought about the The Sword too until @spannick confirmed it was a new HD scan. But knowing the provenance of the film prints of MotFG especially in light of what Greg Hatanaka said about the subject, it seems highly unlikely. Considering the price is going to be less than $25 shipped, I might take a gamble just for the novelty of owning all the releases of this movie.

i didnt say anything about THE SWORD, only TOP SQUAD. I have no idea how THE SWORD will be.

1 hour ago, spannick said:

i didnt say anything about THE SWORD, only TOP SQUAD. I have no idea how THE SWORD will be.

oops, yeah I got your reply mixed up with someone else's quote. I'm wondering about the music rights issue too. I guess one can always remux the audio from the pathfinder dvd into this new German blu ray release.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

The forthcoming ‘Beach Of The War Gods’ Blu-Ray could imply that Boutiques are willing to cough up extra Jimmy Wang Yu stuff.

• Like 1