Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

1 hour ago, RebelIntruder said:

I don't remember Lo Lieh being in this movie.

yeah, that's a mistake. They got confused with the Shaw Brothers movie of the same name starring David Chiang. Jeez, they had plenty of time to fix it since it's been pointed out during their dvd release but guess, they said the hell with it.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 12/6/2022 at 12:35 PM, Yihetuan said:

yeah, that's a mistake. They got confused with the Shaw Brothers movie of the same name starring David Chiang. Jeez, they had plenty of time to fix it since it's been pointed out during their dvd release but guess, they said the hell with it.

It’s either going to be worth a lot more or at a bargain bin a couple of years down the lines. You never know how the market is this days. 

• Like 1

Patrick Tam's seminal 1980 film starring Adam Cheng & Norman Chu, The Sword will be getting a blu ray release on Feb 10. Will be English friendly. Available for pre-order now at Amazon.de

Screenshot_2022-12-16 DAS SCHWERT - 2K-HD-remastered - Limited Edition [Blu-ray] Amazon de Adam Cheng, Norman Tsui Siu-Keun[...].png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Patrick Tam's seminal 1980 film starring Adam Cheng & Norman Chu, The Sword will be getting a blu ray release on Feb 10. Will be English friendly. Available for pre-order now at Amazon.de

Screenshot_2022-12-16 DAS SCHWERT - 2K-HD-remastered - Limited Edition [Blu-ray] Amazon de Adam Cheng, Norman Tsui Siu-Keun[...].png

Beautiful cover !

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, Yihetuan said:

Are they not familiar with HKMDB then?

I've only bought one German Blu ray which was labelled wrong and I was sorely disappointed I got scammed by misinformation. So not going to do it again. 

RebelIntruder
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Hopefully this will have all four audio options.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Will this be an upscale like the Hong Kong Blu Ray or a legit remaster?

54 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Will this be an upscale like the Hong Kong Blu Ray or a legit remaster?

That's the 64,000 dollar question. The description says from a "new" 2K remaster but I would definitely wait for screencaps or reviews. I sold my HK blu ray after discovering it's not an upgrade over the dvd, so I will definitely do my due diligence before committing to this one.

https://www.dvd-forum.at/eastern-das-schwert-erscheint-als-2k-hd-remastered-blu-ray

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Really good film, the HK disc was so disappointing. Hope this one is the real deal.

Yes. Could hsve been better. (As well as the subs). But here's the thing. If Germany has it, and releases it, can it be brought out in western countries with English spelling, or it's licensed in Germany for X amount of years?

The Enter the Fat Dragon had a rather dodgy sounding audio commentary, which I've no idea how old it is, and that was a German release too.

5 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Yes. Could hsve been better. (As well as the subs). But here's the thing. If Germany has it, and releases it, can it be brought out in western countries with English spelling, or it's licensed in Germany for X amount of years?

I’d like to know this too. I always thought that once it was licensed with English subtitles in Germany, it couldn’t be released in the US or UK with English subs because Germany had the license.

But I’ve been known to be a moron so I could be very, very wrong.

Just now, Drunken Monk said:

I’d like to know this too. I always thought that once it was licensed with English subtitles in Germany, it couldn’t be released in the US or UK with English subs because Germany had the license.

But I’ve been known to be a moron so I could be very, very wrong.

Royal Warriors,The Tiger Cages etc have been getting released in Germany with english subs as well as coming out in the UK.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Royal Warriors,The Tiger Cages etc have been getting released in Germany with english subs as well as coming out in the UK.

Yep. I'll wait until after Crimbo for Tiger Cage. Blighty postal service has gone to pot.

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Yet another version of Enter the Fat Dragon will be released in Feb, this time a steelbook version including the extended cut and German theatrical version. English friendly. Up for pre-order now.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BPGMCQTY?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0BPGMCQTY

Screenshot_2022-12-19 Der Kleine Dicke mit dem Superschlag-Future-Pack [Blu-ray] Amazon de DVD Blu-ray.png

Might finally get this one. What's the difference between this and the original German release? 

30 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Might finally get this one. What's the difference between this and the original German release? 

Hopefully they fixed the English spelling errors and not copied straight from the hard sub. One scene in the restaurant kitchen, instead of using a capital W, they used \N instead which is just laughable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

I doubt there will be any difference. The other release was said to be a bootleg but I don't know? It will include the POF commentary as a supplement like the 2018 release but the POF guys never officially approved it, so it's probably being used without their permission.

http://podcastonfire.com/2010/03/commentary-on-fire-enter-the-fat-dragon/

2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Hopefully they fixed the English spelling errors and not copied straight from the hard sub. One scene in the restaurant kitchen, instead of using a capital W, they used \N instead which is just laughable.

Wouldn't hold my breath.