Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

16 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Hard to tell but I see no significant improvement. I'd give a slight advantage to the Shamrock release just for being newer, but I'll wait for @saltysam's caps to decide which one to get. 

The German dvd has an interview with Joe Lewis. I can't remember if the R1 dvd had any extras but I think it was barebones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Sorry, i've been really busy at work, i'll post them tomorrow,promise :smile

Please, no pressure. There'll be at least a week before I can make any orders. Thanks for taking your time to do it.

15 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

The German dvd has an interview with Joe Lewis. I can't remember if the R1 dvd had any extras but I think it was barebones.

Seems you're right about that. German releases are usually barebones as well so that interview is welcome.

816pmNbvQkL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

legendarycurry
57 minutes ago, DiP said:

New cover for Shamrock's upcoming release of Cheetah on Fire. It's coming out at the end of December.

313394225_523002139824550_7271698637065515103_n.jpg

Only seen fights from this one, never the full film. I would like to though because it has Sharla Cheung Man :)

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 3:42 PM, Daxtreme said:

That is the most hilariously misleading movie cover I've seen in a while

Cynthia Rothrock is barely in the movie (although she has a few kickass action scenes)

It's not a lewd movie at all.

lmao

check this out for comparison: Germany was inspired by SILK :) for the old VHS artwork

silk.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/8/2022 at 5:42 AM, Super Ninja said:

Hard to tell but I see no significant improvement. I'd give a slight advantage to the Shamrock release just for being newer, but I'll wait for @saltysam's caps to decide which one to get. 

d1.png

d2.png

d3.png

d4.png

d5.png

d6.png

d7.png

d8.png

d9.png

d10.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

Only seen fights from this one, never the full film. I would like to though because it has Sharla Cheung Man :)

How are the fights scenes in this? And how many? Worth picking up? Is this a martial arts movie and a classic donnie yen?

• Like 2

legendarycurry
19 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

How are the fights scenes in this? And how many? Worth picking up? Is this a martial arts movie and a classic donnie yen?

The fights are pretty decent from what I remember. It's a bit of a mixed bag action-wise, has gunplay and explosions not just straight unarmed combat. I wouldn't say it is a classic necessarily,  more for die-hards/completionists or those who like his "independent era" a lot (think Crystal Hunt,Holy Virgin as examples)

Though honestly the bullet extraction scene in this makes it worth at least checking out all on its own (it's one of few non-action bits I've seen of this and well, lol)

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 11:06 PM, Kevin Chan said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid026zz6LiPQe5V2kEFe2GnFszhquaHKN46b34f2ikHGDy3BoYexo4UVyQ3cC5Esb52Fl&id=100027534056336

Preordering starts next week it says. No mention of english friendly and which versions will be on there. But I remember the rumors about this release were posted in this thread earlier, so I thought I'd post this here.

Screenshot_20221103-070440.png

The release date is out, Dec 16 and all the audio & subtitle options.

Screenshot_2022-11-10 Jackie Chan Blu-ray.png

• Like 1

Ryuhei Kitamura's Versus is getting a limited mediabook (2 blu rays + 2 dvds) release. English friendly, two covers, booklet, mini-poster, photo cards and out Dec 2.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BLR59YKJ?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0BLR59YKJ

61mwHzxYyPL.jpg

612D94PgnLL.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Thanks @saltysam!

I'm pretty much with @Yihetuan on this, but since I don't own the IE DVD, I believe I'll go with new and cheaper rather than overpaying for a second hand DVD. 

Here's a brand new copy on eBay for $9 shipped from Oldies.com ebay storefront.

If you go to Oldies.com, they have brand new copies for $4.98.

https://www.oldies.com/product-view/75416M.html

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Here's a brand new copy on eBay for $9 shipped from Oldies.com ebay storefront.

If you go to Oldies.com, they have brand new copies for $4.98.

https://www.oldies.com/product-view/75416M.html

Didn't know of that store, thx.

I was more afraid of the shipping costs, but seems they have reasonable prices. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Didn't know of that store, thx.

I was more afraid of the shipping costs, but seems they have reasonable prices. 

The other notable difference between the Image R1 disc and the German one is the subtitles. The Image has really nice yellow subs ala Animeigo in a nicer font whereas the German has regular white ones. Not sure if that makes any difference for you but just throwing that out there.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 8:18 AM, Yihetuan said:

The splatter eros film, Entrails of a Virgin is getting a mediabook release from Shock Entertainment. It will have English subs and be released on Nov 18 in Austria with three cover variants.

Warning: Hidden Images NSFW

Spoiler

guts-of-a-virgin-mediabook-a.jpg

guts-of-a-virgin-mediabook-a-r.jpg

Guts-of-a-Virgin-Mediabook-B-Galerie.jpg

Guts-of-a-Virgin-Mediabook-C-Galerie.jpg

The follow up film Entrails of a Beautiful Woman aka Guts of a Beauty is getting a limited 333 copies mediabook release with English subtitles.

Warning: Hidden Images NSFW

Spoiler

MB_GUTS-OF-A-BEAUTY_CoverA_3d.jpg

MB_GUTS-OF-A-BEAUTY_CoverB_3d.jpg

Pang Ho-cheung's DREAM HOME is getting a mediabook release next week. Audio options and subtitles TBD.

Warning: NSFW covers

Spoiler

QPp8qhZ.jpg

iD0WiBS.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Pang Ho-cheung's DREAM HOME is getting a mediabook release next week. Audio options and subtitles TBD.

Warning: NSFW covers

Hide contents

QPp8qhZ.jpg

iD0WiBS.jpg

Wow, those are some cool looking covers, definitely worthy of the bloodfest that is Dream Home.

• Like 1