Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Correct. It was indexed and banned until now which means not only advertising but also distributing it publicly was illegal in Germany. This has now been lifted.

The German title has always been "Story of Ricky".

Edited by Kevin Chan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Don "the Dragon" Wilson's Black Belt coming to blu ray. Date to be announced.

blackbelt-1992--de_klein.jpg

Blond guy in trailer looks very familiar, sure have seen him in more than 1 other MA flicks. Hopefully BB will be standard BR, not expensive mediabook.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Blond guy in trailer looks very familiar, sure have seen him in more than 1 other MA flicks. Hopefully BB will be standard BR, not expensive mediabook.

yeah, that's the German actor, Matthias Hues who is always typecast as a baddie. He was in TC 2000, No Retreat, No Surrender and bunch of other B-movie martial arts stuff.

• Like 4

On 9/26/2022 at 12:18 PM, saltysam said:

Very interesting, hopefully not an upscale-A Better Tomorrow 2 coming in December

ab2.jpg

Forgot to add that this has been confirmed with english subtitles according to Cargo.

Screenshot_2022-10-04 Mail - James Harding - Outlook.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Yihetuan said:

Forgot to add that this has been confirmed with english subtitles according to Cargo.

Screenshot_2022-10-04 Mail - James Harding - Outlook.png

now I wonder what else they will put out this is one I never thought we'd see I wonder if they have Woo's other big films coming

Anyone know the background info on the two different English dubs for Shaolin vs. Ninja, Cargo mediabook release? There are VIDEO and FILMARK versions as stated on the menu (see image).

So I've watched the movie twice in three days, once with each dub and I can say the Filmark audio is a better option. Has better timing, it's more serious and more in detail and overall better made. Video option is for those that wanna have fun watching, makes the whole experience hilarious.

What I wanna know is what are the sources for this two dubs? Original Filmark and an old VHS dub perhaps? 

IMG_20221010_220950.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/21/2022 at 6:58 AM, Ronin said:

Would love to see a direct comparison to the HK Blu-ray. I wonder if they are just taking the upscaled SD transfer and adding grain to it?

Screenshot_2022-10-22 Dylan Cheung on Twitter(3).png

Screenshot_2022-10-22 Dylan Cheung on Twitter(4).png

• Like 1

I failed to notice this the first time but the cover is definitely the Thai poster for Her Vengeance.

Screenshot_2022-10-22 Dylan Cheung on Twitter.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Screenshot_2022-10-22 Dylan Cheung on Twitter(3).png

Screenshot_2022-10-22 Dylan Cheung on Twitter(4).png

Can't say that I'm surprised. These german Mediabooks feel like a rip off in all regards. However just someone claiming it's an upscale doesn't do it for me. I need screenshots to compare with the HK blu-ray!

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I failed to notice this the first time but the cover is definitely the Thai poster for Her Vengeance.

Screenshot_2022-10-22 Dylan Cheung on Twitter.jpg

Could it be that they noticed their error?

Here is Amazon's listing for this version (Cover B):

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0B6XJ1V1F

But then also there is another listing for Cover B?!

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0B6XL2S9Y

Screenshot_20221023-084623.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

Could it be that they noticed their error?

Here is Amazon's listing for this version (Cover B):

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0B6XJ1V1F

But then also there is another listing for Cover B?!

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0B6XL2S9Y

Screenshot_20221023-084623.png

The second link doesn't mention that it's uncut, as it's written in the first link.

3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

The second link doesn't mention that it's uncut, as it's written in the first link.

But it's the same release date and the same label.

24 minutes ago, Kevin Chan said:

But it's the same release date and the same label.

Well, nobody will know until someone compares the two versions and confirms if the Deluxe edition has the same running time, I guess.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, TheFlyingPanda said:

Did I miss something? or why is "Der Gorilla mit der stählernen Klaue" (Scorching Sun, Fierce Wind, Wild Fire ) or "Any Which Way You Punch" (with Angela Mao, Lo Lieh, Tan Tao Liang and Chang Yi) titled Kung Fu Zombie, when there is no Zombies in the film? There is also no Gorillas. 

I'm wondering if it's an error from Cargo Records or Bad choice in name? The media book comes with a Blu-ray and DVD, the remastering is not so remastered... looks washed up and black levels or contrast not adjusted properly, almost milky, not much stepping up above a DVD master. Definitely not worth the price, I guess it wasn't scanned properly, but its acceptable viewing on a 43" TV or smaller, but not looking well on a 65" TV. There is Mandarin audio with Germen subs only or none and the English Dub.

The Mediabook cover looks great as always, but that title just throws it off. 

285933_front.jpg

ScorchingSunFierceWindsandWildFire+1977-43-b.jpg

So I ordered Kung Fu Zombie after reading it said English subs on here and the UK website says English & German dub. Recieved the DVD/Blu this afternoon and even on the rear, it says German and English audio. But there's only german audio. Also as it was stated here, the name is misleading as there's no actual zombies in it. I didn't know until I did some looking on HKMDB. 

There is a movie called Kung Fu Zombie  - 烏龍天師招積鬼 but this movie is actually called Scorching Sun, Fierce Winds, Wild Fire - 烈日狂風野火

1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

So I ordered Kung Fu Zombie after reading it said English subs on here and the UK website says English & German dub. Recieved the DVD/Blu this afternoon and even on the rear, it says German and English audio. But there's only german audio. Also as it was stated here, the name is misleading as there's no actual zombies in it. I didn't know until I did some looking on HKMDB. 

There is a movie called Kung Fu Zombie  - 烏龍天師招積鬼 but this movie is actually called Scorching Sun, Fierce Winds, Wild Fire - 烈日狂風野火

There is definitely an English audio option as I also have that mediabook. Try the audio button on your remote instead of the audio setup in the menu. It's terrible though and wouldn't recommend it to anyone especially at its current price. The picture is washed out & lack contrast and doesn't even look to be HD. Looks worse than the bootleg dvd that's been around for years.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

There is definitely an English audio option as I also have that mediabook. Try the audio button on your remote instead of the audio setup in the menu. It's terrible though and wouldn't recommend it to anyone especially at its current price. The picture is washed out & lack contrast and doesn't even look to be HD. Looks worse than the bootleg dvd that's been around for years.

My apologies. My remote was the first option and it didn't let me change anything. Because I couldn't read German, I stuck the disc into my pc and used MakeMKV. Fumbled around in the options once again in my blu player, and found the English audio. 

I agree. Germans make good cars yet they can't remaster a film like this? Looks like the reel of film has had milk poured on it. 

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I agree. Germans make good cars yet they can't remaster a film like this? Looks like the reel of film has had milk poured on it. 

They can if they want. But maybe it`s about money and market not good enough. Several German releases are excellent.

• Like 1

Sidekicks is coming out from Shamrock in a steelbook (blu ray + dvd) in a limited edition of 100. Other than the packaging, it's the same as the 4K restored mediabook that's available now.

311690422_512599464198151_6299799826307377572_n.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

On 6/30/2022 at 6:15 AM, Yihetuan said:

TVP has been kinda quiet but Mirko did give an update a couple days ago. The next release will be the long anticipated final version of THE NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN 3 disc set with audio commentary by Mike Leeder & Arne Venema followed by Joseph Kuo's MEN OF THE HOUR (uncut).

Screenshot_2022-06-29 TVP - The Vengeance Pack Facebook(1).png

289094625_542256487491180_6805582004079304844_n.jpg

289479972_542256740824488_7500292280545410991_n.jpg

Is this finally been released?