Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Here's the alternate covers for Canton Iron Kung Fu. I definitely prefer Cover A and the one I will end up purchasing. The street date for release is October 5th.

die-blutigen-krallen-des-leoparden-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a.jpg

die-blutigen-krallen-des-leoparden-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-c.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Here's the alternate covers for Canton Iron Kung Fu. I definitely prefer Cover A and the one I will end up purchasing. The street date for release is October 5th.

die-blutigen-krallen-des-leoparden-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a.jpg

die-blutigen-krallen-des-leoparden-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-c.jpg

An upgrade over the Asia Line release? 

The bottom one should be a cover for 60 Second Assassin. 

image.png.8312d96b8bb3484af67a65eea0dcd283.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Canton Iron Kung Fu will almost certainly use the HD Print hat's been around a couple of years.It will be better than the Asia line DVD.

That's good news, seems the one to get. I skipped the Asia Line release thanks to comments here, pleased to see that was a good move.

With improvement in PQ, perhaps there's a chance of seeing a subbed HD release sometime in the near future.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

An upgrade over the Asia Line release? 

The bottom one should be a cover for 60 Second Assassin. 

image.png.8312d96b8bb3484af67a65eea0dcd283.png

That would be great because i don't believe My Life's on the Line ever received a German release.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That would be great because i don't believe My Life's on the Line ever received a German release.

Wasn`t Eastern Heroes release bad sth like vhs quality and mediocre such?Been ages but recall tossing it away quickly. Forthcoming German disc certainly will be better..Movie is terrific in my opinion.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, saltysam said:

Canton Iron Kung Fu will almost certainly use the HD Print hat's been around a couple of years.It will be better than the Asia line DVD.

Asia Line was based on the same HD Master. the previous German DVDs were crap.

20 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Wasn`t Eastern Heroes release bad sth like vhs quality and mediocre such?Been ages but recall tossing it away quickly. Forthcoming German disc certainly will be better..Movie is terrific in my opinion.

Don't bother with that crap version. There is a custom from Akuma or was it Jamal that was  widescreen & sourced from an Italian print. Pretty sure @bigrogie has a copy if you want to check it out.

• Like 1

Lethal Contact from the True Grit label on dvd in November. First time uncut in Germany. Listed as English friendly with the dub but no idea about subs? Comes in two different covers with the alternate "Lady Inspectors" title.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Kent-Cheng/dp/B0B5KQVB7X/ref=sr_1_2?crid=8WNFWSFS4K9T&keywords=tödlicher+kontakt+dvd&qid=1662339021&sprefix=lethal+contact%2Caps%2C412&sr=8-2

61tEYvWbIML._SL1200_.jpg

71hRRuIcaWL._SL1200_.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 5

Lau Kar Wing's City Cops aka Beyond the Law & China O'Brien will get mediabook releases from Shamrock. No date announced yet but both will have the English dub.

free-fighters-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a--de.jpg

china-obrian-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a--de.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 4

Shamrock is releasing a mediabook of the kung fu comedy starring Sammo & Carter Wong, Filthy Guy. Release date to be announced as well as the subtitle/audio options.

der-kleine-dicke-gibt-zunder-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a.jpg

der-kleine-dicke-gibt-zunder-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-b.jpeg

• Like 3

The Chinese drug action/revenge thriller, Break Through the Line of Fire will be getting a blu ray release in November from WVG. English subs will be optional.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BCD8B7NF?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0BCD8B7NF

Screenshot_2022-09-20 Break Through the Line of Fire Blu-ray (火线突围) (Germany).png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3