Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

I had no idea this got a recent dvd release in Germany. The Ronny Yu directed action crime drama filmed in Amsterdam starring Andy Lau, Alex Man, Billy Drago & Russell Wong. Not sure how it compares to the HK dvd but it includes the extended HK cut and is also region free despite the back cover displaying R2.

https://theactionelite.com/forgotten-gem-china-white-1989/

480128-000.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Interesting that the HK "version" includes 10 min of extra footage of various HK stars appearing in flashback but is not recommended due to the severe cuts in the action scenes.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=994660

German Company was in contact with the owners of the Imperial stuff from back then and all is long gone and vanished regarding video materials. I would not wait for something better now. This is the longest possible version ever also, Unrated original version plus the whole HK scene integrated via branching, optional.

• Like 4

Sorry guys if I missed it but what's the consensus on the German mediabook of Tiger on Beat? Did anyone find out if it's English friendly?

Screenshot_2022-07-22 Born Hero 2 Blu-ray (DigiBook) (Germany).png

• Like 1

actionfan93
1 minute ago, Yihetuan said:

Sorry guys if I missed it but what's the consensus on the German mediabook of Tiger on Beat? Did anyone find out if it's English friendly?

Screenshot_2022-07-22 Born Hero 2 Blu-ray (DigiBook) (Germany).png

Cargo movies told me via IM on facebook both Born Hero 2 and Cover Hard will have english dubs and subs this is from the company releasing it I have both on pre order so I will find out as soon as they ship and they arrive

• Like 3

On 7/22/2022 at 6:24 PM, actionfan93 said:

Cargo movies told me via IM on facebook both Born Hero 2 and Cover Hard will have english dubs and subs this is from the company releasing it I have both on pre order so I will find out as soon as they ship and they arrive

Since you went ahead and pre-ordered these, can I ASSume that no one has hinted that any US or UK label is taking these on in the future?

• Like 1

actionfan93
3 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Since you went ahead and pre-ordered these, can I ASSume that no one has hinted that any US or UK label is taking these on in the future?

as of right now no not to my knowledge @Irongod2112 have you heard anything about Full Contact/Cover Hard or Born Hero 2/Tiger On Beat getting UK releases?

• Like 3

Coming January 2023..this better have english audio..ream come true for me,one of my all time favourite bashers

kungfuheadc.jpg

chen2.jpg

che1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Coming January 2023..this better have english audio..ream come true for me,one of my all time favourite bashers

kungfuheadc.jpg

chen2.jpg

che1.jpg

And this is ?

15 hours ago, saltysam said:

It's been confirmed by Cargo that Tough Guy will have English audio.

Screenshot_2022-07-27 Mail - James Harding - Outlook.png

• Like 3

19 hours ago, saltysam said:

kungfuheadc.jpg

chen2.jpg

che1.jpg

How come Chang Li isn't even mentioned ont the cover while he is the hero of this movie ?!Now that I saw the trailer, I remember to have watched this movie maybe a year ago and I enjoyed it a lot ! San Kuai was as evil as possible in this movie !!

• Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang
14 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

How come Chang Li isn't even mentioned ont the cover while he is the hero of this movie ?!Now that I saw the trailer, I remember to have watched this movie maybe a year ago and I enjoyed it a lot ! San Kuai was as evil as possible in this movie !!

He is Charly Chiang on the upper cover version. Actors akas!  Power Rangers Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

He is Charly Chiang on the upper cover version. Actors akas!  Power Rangers Reaction GIF

Ah, thanks ! I won't remember to have seen this aka on his hkmdb page. People are surely confused between David Chiang, John Chiang, John Chang, Charlie Chin, Charlie Chan, Charlie Chiang... What a headache  !! 😂🤣😂🤣

actionfan93

@Yihetuan my copy of Born Hero 2/Tiger on Beat was dispatched today as soon as It arrives I will post pics confirming if its English friendly I will do the same with Cover Hard/Full contact

• Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

@Yihetuan my copy of Born Hero 2/Tiger on Beat was dispatched today as soon as It arrives I will post pics confirming if its English friendly I will do the same with Cover Hard/Full contact

I'm really hoping that Tiger on Beat has the Cantonese audio track and it was just an oversight. So please check that as well.

Edited by Yihetuan

actionfan93
Just now, Yihetuan said:

I'm really hoping that Tiger on Beat has the Cantonese audio track and it was just an oversight. So please check that as well.

will do

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

It looks like Tiger on the Beat has English subs but I have seen two people complain about the blurred picture and, in their words, “added grain.”

• Like 1

actionfan93
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

It looks like Tiger on the Beat has English subs but I have seen two people complain about the blurred picture and, in their words, “added grain.”

On the latest release? Where are these reviews?

Drunken Monk
37 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

On the latest release? Where are these reviews?

I saw them on Instagram stories. Hopefully you'll say differently.

Here's an update from FilmArt about their remaining Shaw individual releases of Black Magic & Man if Iron & a double pack. 200 copies of each. I don't recall if these titles were English friendly or not?

Screenshot_2022-08-03 (4) filmArt Facebook.png

293628593_5203647989689748_5336693918237541088_n.jpg