Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

8 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Though both are German distributors, Film Art is a different label than TVP- The Vengeance Pack, and the two films mentioned are being released by the later. I'm not sure yet if NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN is from a new scan, but missing footage has been found, restored, and re-integrated back into the film.

Here is the English translation of TVP's Instagram post from above:

Hello friends, it's been quiet for a long time

after deaths and illnesses, the pack returns with a BÄM. Sometimes life just doesn't play out the way
you would like, and with just 3 permanent employees, anything can happen. But we were by no means 
lazy, that much can be said.

Of course our final edition of THE SWORD OF THE YELLOW TIGER (aka. NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN, 3 disc 
Collector's Edition, including an audio commentary by Mike Leeder, Arne Venema and TVP ) will be out 
next. In tow comes SHANG LI - DEATH HAS 1000 NAMES (aka. MEN OF THE HOUR, HD and uncut)... Attached are
2 teaser pictures.

There is also a new podcast (for those who are interested)...topic this time: our favorite Shaw actors 
and what became of them!

More information will follow the days!

Please stay healthy and hug your loved ones... who knows how long they'll be around.

I don't know why I typed Joseph Kuo as the director of men of the Hour?  It's a Chen Ming-hua film. Must've had Joseph Kuo on my mind for some reason?

@KUNG FU BOB, did you do the artwork for Men of the Hour?

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Is this thread what you’re after? -

I didn't even realize this thread existed. But i meant the google docs that was posted on page 57.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQZ7VTwI56CYe2wQa69aBrqacND9iRt_AH17bDpGK5k199Twlq_h3a5Z07jfpK-jWNhU_YHII0u41Av/pubhtml

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 9:34 AM, Yihetuan said:

Due to be released in a couple days from Imperial Pictures is the Connie Khan action/adventure film, Mirage. I really like this movie and the stunts are pretty awesome. I believe this is the first DVD release of this in Germany. The specs state German and English audio.

4059251512264.jpg

Holy shit this looks amazing! A Kung fu war western! WHY isn’t this out on Blu-ray by 88 or Eureka??? And why not on Blu in Germany instead of the quaint old DVD format? I might have to pick this up regardless though.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Here's the back cover of the Imperial dvd, in addition to German & English it also offers Mandarin mono w/English subs. My preferred way to watch this film.

480532-000.jpg

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Looks like another version of Leo Fong's Enforcer from Death Row is coming out on July 15. No idea what's the difference between this one and the one released in April other than a different cover.

71OS8scvE1L._SL1200_.jpg

81PPL0oPoLL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

I didn't see anyone listing this previously but the Richard Norton/Leo Fong movie, Blood Street was released last month.

479853-001.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Here's the back cover of the Imperial dvd, in addition to German & English it also offers Mandarin mono w/English subs. My preferred way to watch this film.

480532-000.jpg

What might be the best place to order this for shipping to the US? And I’m assuming this will be the best version currently available, yes?

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

What might be the best place to order this for shipping to the US? And I’m assuming this will be the best version currently available, yes?

I think I've mentioned this to you before but the best place is grooves.

https://www.grooves-inc.com/connie-khan-das-reich-der-1000-abenteuer-cover-version-regio-imperial-pictures-cargo-pZZa1-2100512438.html

as far as the best available version, guess I'll have to wait until I get the dvd to compare to the version that I have which is a bootleg taken from the Japanese Laserdisc with English subs along with the hardcoded Japanese ones.

Here's a review of the film from asianmoviepulse which mirrors my own feelings.

Edited by Yihetuan

On 7/3/2022 at 5:32 PM, Yihetuan said:

480532-000.jpg

I got this today. Watched in mandarin with english subs. Transfer is very slightly above VHS level, widescreen but cropped (guess this was 2:35:1 film) i imagine though underwhelming it's the best release of this one. As for the movie itself, i didn't care for it and will be moving it on. I need to stop these blind buys :wait

• Like 1

@saltysam, these are caps from the version that I have. How does it compare to the version you watched? You can probably save me $20 if the Japanese LD is better.

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h32m15s909.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h32m46s779.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h32m51s248.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h32m58s622.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h33m08s999.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h33m27s878.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h33m38s174.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone know who the licensor is for Once a Thief, Full Contact, and City on Fire? All three of those titles are on the Golden Princess list, so I'm just wondering if GP are now open to licensing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@saltysam, these are caps from the version that I have. How does it compare to the version you watched? You can probably save me $20 if the Japanese LD is better.

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h32m15s909.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h32m46s779.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h32m51s248.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h32m58s622.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h33m08s999.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h33m27s878.jpg

vlcsnap-2022-07-04-12h33m38s174.jpg

dvd_snapshot_01.23.53_[2022.07.05_19.15.15].png

dvd_snapshot_01.12.17_[2022.07.05_19.14.47].png

dvd_snapshot_00.54.07_[2022.07.05_19.13.43].png

dvd_snapshot_00.34.16_[2022.07.05_19.13.28].png

dvd_snapshot_00.21.26_[2022.07.05_19.13.05].png

• Like 3

@saltysam, thanks for the screen caps. The German print seems to have a slight edge in contrast and color saturation and definitely has the better subtitles. Only the aspect ratio is better on the Japanese LD.

• Like 3

The Frankie Chan directed action movie, The Good, The Bad & The Beauty is getting a dvd release by Imperial. As is Stephen Yip's Fatal Mission. Street release date of Dec 9 for both.  No cover art available as of yet or audio/subtitle options.

Screenshot_2022-07-08 CHAN, FRANKIE BLOODY STONES - WIR SEHEN UNS IN DER HÖLLE WIEDER Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

Screenshot_2022-07-08 HU, SIBELLE FINALGATE - FATAL MISSION - COVER A Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

00153687.jpg

00153876.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
added covers
  • Like 2

On 7/5/2022 at 10:02 AM, nahnahnah said:

Does anyone know who the licensor is for Once a Thief, Full Contact, and City on Fire? All three of those titles are on the Golden Princess list, so I'm just wondering if GP are now open to licensing.

I’d like to know this too. If the rights are supposedly completely unavailable outside Asia, how the hell are they able to be released in Germany? Are they boots?

23 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

I’d like to know this too. If the rights are supposedly completely unavailable outside Asia, how the hell are they able to be released in Germany? Are they boots?

Nobody seems to be able to answer this question. The labels claim the releases are legit, I saw a comment on Facebook somewhere. But I think it's healthy to be sceptical in this case.

Edited by Kevin Chan
  • Like 2

btw, i just got HD Screener of IRON ANGELS 1 for Germany, good HD remaster, uncut also. But as i said elsewhere before: German release of IRON ANGELS 1-3 will not be english friendly, so foreigners gotta wait for US or HK.

• Like 4

actionfan93
3 hours ago, spannick said:

btw, i just got HD Screener of IRON ANGELS 1 for Germany, good HD remaster, uncut also. But as i said elsewhere before: German release of IRON ANGELS 1-3 will not be english friendly, so foreigners gotta wait for US or HK.

Do you mean UK I would  be surprised if a US label put out angel or any of the girls with guns film?

actionfan93
2 minutes ago, spannick said:

yeah of course: iron angels: wait for... UK, US or HK. (HK most unlikely, sadly)

I think it depends on if they do a box set or not but I think Dreaming the Reality,Angel 1,Angel 2 maybe, Killer Angels, and Princess Madam will be either 88 Films or Eureka releases and same with In the Line of Duty 1-4 or 1-5 these seem like an arena either one or both will enter unless there is another UK label who joins the scene but I would be shocked to see a U.S. label put those out maybe if rights are secured I could see 88 or Arrow doing that but other labels I doubt it but who knows

• Like 1