Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

actionfan93
10 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

All of these people (well, ok, maybe all of these posts by actionfan93 would be more accurate :tongueout) asking for an 'In the Line of Duty 1 - 4' boxset....am I the only one here hoping that 'Middle Man', 'Forbidden Arsenal', and 'Sea Wolves' make it into the set as well!?

nothing against those but I know the first 4 are the most well known so I know they have the biggest chances of the 7 of getting releases and I have also not to my knowledge read much on 5-7 getting restored

• Like 1

actionfan93
4 minutes ago, spannick said:

only Line of Duty 1-5 are done in nice HD Remasters in HK for now.

thanks for the info also what places will carry Shamrock's titles once Dreaming the reality and the other girls with guns they hold are released

• Like 1

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

thanks for the info also what places will carry Shamrock's titles once Dreaming the reality and the other girls with guns they hold are released

i don't sell or buy, can't tell you really where to get them. look same places where HIGH RISK can be gotten, which is out this week in Germany. ("Total Risk")

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Hapkido getting a mediabook release January 2023

hapkido-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-b-vorab3.jpg

YESSS ! Double YESS ! Million YESSSSES !

But I guess that there won't be any English subtitles and maybe even no Mandarin language...But never mind, just for the mediabook, it's an interesting release !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

YESSS ! Double YESS ! Million YESSSSES !

But I guess that there won't be any English subtitles and maybe even no Mandarin language...But never mind, just for the mediabook, it's an interesting release !

This is definitely not worth the price considering the recent announcement of the Eureka blu ray release.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chen lung said:

‘Jackie Chan’ on the front cover. 🥴

He's also very prominent on the 88 Killer Meteors cover, he's only in the movie 10 minutes max,mostly spent sitting down :hi

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I wasn’t sure if it would have English subs but picked it up anyway. I’m happy to report that it does…

28B5C9A4-B6AF-4765-9D5A-8DC2339C76F8.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/19/2022 at 5:00 PM, spannick said:

Germany has a horrid history of making super small roles of him (or even none at all) as main star.

An Alan Smithee Film: Burn, Hollywood! Burn! starring...JACKIE CHAN!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I wasn’t sure if it would have English subs but picked it up anyway. I’m happy to report that it does…

28B5C9A4-B6AF-4765-9D5A-8DC2339C76F8.jpeg

I dont know this movie. How is it? Is it a classic Jet Li? 

Can someone give a tiny short review?

1 hour ago, AslanBey said:

I dont know this movie. How is it? Is it a classic Jet Li? 

Can someone give a tiny short review?

A decent, entertaining Die Hard-escued action movie. Don't expect much action from Jet Li because he's not the lead actor and has only a couple of great moments. The movie was made by Wong Jing as a response to Jackie Chan's (who hated working with Wong Jing) disrespectful remarks about him in the press after the release of City Hunter. This may also hint the reason why Jackie and Jet never collaborated on a movie until 13 years later.

• Like 4

Due to be released in a couple days from Imperial Pictures is the Connie Khan action/adventure film, Mirage. I really like this movie and the stunts are pretty awesome. I believe this is the first DVD release of this in Germany. The specs state German and English audio.

4059251512264.jpg

• Like 7

thundered mantis

This movie is the HOLY GRAIL OF ACTION MADNESS.

To watch this on HD would be so awesome. Hope this DVD be better transfer than the old german VHS, but I prefer to keep my expectations low.

• Like 2

@RebelIntruder, I recall you created a google docs with all the Asia Line releases, their bonus films and their audio/sub options. I can't seem to find the post. Can you please post it again? It would be nice if the OP, @spannick put it in the first post too.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

actionfan93

per Shamrock Media's facebook page Princess Madam,Angel Terminators,Filthy Guy,Angel 1-3,and Angel Enforcers are coming from them in Germany most are english subbed or dubbed but not all

• Like 2

TVP has been kinda quiet but Mirko did give an update a couple days ago. The next release will be the long anticipated final version of THE NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN 3 disc set with audio commentary by Mike Leeder & Arne Venema followed by Joseph Kuo's MEN OF THE HOUR (uncut).

Screenshot_2022-06-29 TVP - The Vengeance Pack Facebook(1).png

289094625_542256487491180_6805582004079304844_n.jpg

289479972_542256740824488_7500292280545410991_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

11 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@RebelIntruder, I recall you created a google docs with all the Asia Line releases, their bonus films and their audio/sub options. I can't seem to find the post. Can you please post it again? It would be nice if the OP, @spannick put it in the first post too.

I did a thread too with all the Asia Line releases and I remember to have spend MANY  hours searching for the English titles as well. As I'm very busy, I haven't had time to check if people updated it and went on giving the the English titles too.

• Like 4

Super Ninja
14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

It's on page 57 here, searched for it yesterday for a friend. But yeah, I agree it would be nice to have it readily available.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

One Armed Boxer
14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@RebelIntruder, I recall you created a google docs with all the Asia Line releases, their bonus films and their audio/sub options

Is this thread what you’re after? -

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

FightingFool
10 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

TVP has been kinda quiet but Mirko did give an update a couple days ago. The next release will be the long anticipated final version of THE NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN 3 disc set with audio commentary by Mike Leeder & Arne Venema followed by Joseph Kuo's MEN OF THE HOUR (uncut).

Screenshot_2022-06-29 TVP - The Vengeance Pack Facebook(1).png

289094625_542256487491180_6805582004079304844_n.jpg

289479972_542256740824488_7500292280545410991_n.jpg

This is new scan with film art label?

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, FightingFool said:

This is new scan with film art label?

Though both are German distributors, Film Art is a different label than TVP- The Vengeance Pack, and the two films mentioned are being released by the later. I'm not sure yet if NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN is from a new scan, but missing footage has been found, restored, and re-integrated back into the film.

Here is the English translation of TVP's Instagram post from above:

Hello friends, it's been quiet for a long time

after deaths and illnesses, the pack returns with a BÄM. Sometimes life just doesn't play out the way
you would like, and with just 3 permanent employees, anything can happen. But we were by no means 
lazy, that much can be said.

Of course our final edition of THE SWORD OF THE YELLOW TIGER (aka. NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN, 3 disc 
Collector's Edition, including an audio commentary by Mike Leeder, Arne Venema and TVP ) will be out 
next. In tow comes SHANG LI - DEATH HAS 1000 NAMES (aka. MEN OF THE HOUR, HD and uncut)... Attached are
2 teaser pictures.

There is also a new podcast (for those who are interested)...topic this time: our favorite Shaw actors 
and what became of them!

More information will follow the days!

Please stay healthy and hug your loved ones... who knows how long they'll be around.
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1