Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Super Ninja
19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Fearless Tiger aka Black Pearl is being released on dvd by Imperial Pictures on June 10. Of course, it's English friendly and the backcover lists it as Region2 but it's region free. Full screen and includes over 4minutes of alternative ending footage.

index.jpg

Great news indeed! But I'd defo prefer a BR, no mention of that?

• Like 1

I mentioned at another forum that the Imperial release of Project S is the best i've come across, a poster responded saying these labels come under Cargo Records and are bootlegs. I didn't think they were but i have my doubts now.

Next in the Asia Line series is #52, the 1971 Taiwanese film, Duel with the Devil. The bonus film appears to the Rider of Revenge. Audio and subtitle specs TBD. Street release date of August 8.

9120123280330_4734.jpg

• Like 3

De Ming Li
5 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Next in the Asia Line series is #52, the 1971 Taiwanese film, Duel with the Devil. The bonus film appears to the Rider of Revenge. Audio and subtitle specs TBD. Street release date of August 8.

9120123280330_4734.jpg

Rider of Revenge would probably be the same print as the Hoker DVD

1 minute ago, De Ming Li said:

Rider of Revenge would probably be the same print as the Hoker DVD

Yes but I bet it's even worse since it's sharing the same DVD9 as the main film. I have the Fusian R1 dvd of Duel with the Devil that has original Mandarin audio and English subs but have no idea if the previous German print put out on hartbox is any improvement?

• Like 1

De Ming Li
11 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Yes but I bet it's even worse since it's sharing the same DVD9 as the main film. I have the Fusian R1 dvd of Duel with the Devil that has original Mandarin audio and English subs but have no idea if the previous German print put out on hartbox is any improvement?

What's the quality of the Fusian DVDs? Never bought any from them

1 hour ago, De Ming Li said:

The print quality varies with the title. Most were watchable but had print damage & some had really shitty unreadable subs. I remember Fusian made a big deal about it being remastered but I don't know what their definition of "remastered" is because it certainly didn't look remastered or restored in any way to me.

• Like 4

RebelIntruder
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

9120123280330_4734.jpg

The main film should be English friendly despite any specs listed on the cover since it has English hardsubs.

I suspect the bonus film will be English friendly since all Asia Line does is reissue DVDs with the same specs as prior German releases.  Interesting that they're getting into these films now.  I own the Hoker DVDs so I see no reason to buy this.

• Like 2

RebelIntruder
1 hour ago, De Ming Li said:

They're OK.  Aspect ratios vary, but all were widescreen to some degree.  One of them (Young Avengeress?) had tons of obvious cuts which screwed up dialogue in some places, but overall they're watchable.  Hardsubs are sometimes unreadable on light backgrounds, but that's nothing new.

The most interesting thing is most of them are still available for $5 to $10 on ebay/Amazon, so there's no need to import them from Germany if you live in the US or other friendly locales.

If you don't have either movie, it might make sense since the Hoker DVDs still cost a premium once you factor in shipping from Asia.   I already own both, so this release will be a pass for me.  If Asia Line keeps up with releasing the Hoker/Union Films library, I would be in the market for future releases since I don't own them all.

Edited by RebelIntruder
  • Like 3

Super Ninja
13 hours ago, RebelIntruder said:

If Asia Line keeps up with releasing the Hoker/Union Films library, I would be in the market for future releases since I don't own them all.

Did they release anything from the Union Films catalogue already?

15 hours ago, RebelIntruder said:

I suspect the bonus film will be English friendly since all Asia Line does is reissue DVDs with the same specs as prior German releases. 

Not always.Their releases of Chow Chow Guy & Black Panther had no english dub despite earlier german dvds having one.

RebelIntruder
4 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Did they release anything from the Union Films catalogue already?

I believe this is their first.  Based on zero evidence or knowledge, I feel like it could be the start of a trend.

• Like 1

De Ming Li
On 6/8/2022 at 2:17 PM, RebelIntruder said:

They're OK.  Aspect ratios vary, but all were widescreen to some degree.  One of them (Young Avengeress?) had tons of obvious cuts which screwed up dialogue in some places, but overall they're watchable.  Hardsubs are sometimes unreadable on light backgrounds, but that's nothing new.

The most interesting thing is most of them are still available for $5 to $10 on ebay/Amazon, so there's no need to import them from Germany if you live in the US or other friendly locales.

If you don't have either movie, it might make sense since the Hoker DVDs still cost a premium once you factor in shipping from Asia.   I already own both, so this release will be a pass for me.  If Asia Line keeps up with releasing the Hoker/Union Films library, I would be in the market for future releases since I don't own them all.

Was Duel with the Devil released by Hoker?

RebelIntruder
4 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Was Duel with the Devil released by Hoker?

No, that was a Fusian release.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RebelIntruder said:

No, that was a Fusian release.

Thanks, I have most of the Hoker DVDs of the Union studio Taiwanese films of that era. I will probably pick up this new Asia Line release as the title (Duel with the Devil) seems interesting and the trailer looks quite typical of the films of that era.

Edit: Just confirming, Duel with the Devil did NOT get released on DVD by Hoker, right?

Edited by De Ming Li

On 6/8/2022 at 6:08 AM, RebelIntruder said:

The main film should be English friendly despite any specs listed on the cover since it has English hardsubs.

I suspect the bonus film will be English friendly since all Asia Line does is reissue DVDs with the same specs as prior German releases.  Interesting that they're getting into these films now.  I own the Hoker DVDs so I see no reason to buy this.

Ther is a Hoker release for Duel with the devil ? Or are you talking only about The invincible sword ?

RebelIntruder
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Ther is a Hoker release for Duel with the devil ? Or are you talking only about The invincible sword ?

I wasn't clear in my post which led to some confusion.

actionfan93
On 6/14/2022 at 4:52 AM, saltysam said:

Coming in the next few months

ultra2.jpg

twin.jpg

cityon.jpg

inthe3.jpg

redfo.jpg

wow had @Irongod2112 not mentioned a UK label getting In the line of duty 1-4 I would have preordered these but wow 3 and 4 not out till early december I am hoping a UK label releases In the line of duty 1-4 before that as well as Angel and Killer Angels

• Like 4

actionfan93
14 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Wait IN THE LINE OF DUTY 3 on 

BLURAY ??!

Is this real? Like a legitimate Blu-Ray quality release?

:yociexp57:

they are 2K remasters but they are also coming from a UK label in the future I am wondering if Eureka or 88 has them and the hinted Angel and Killer Angels and wondering what the artwork will look like

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On 6/14/2022 at 10:03 AM, actionfan93 said:

wow had @Irongod2112 not mentioned a UK label getting In the line of duty 1-4

All of these people (well, ok, maybe all of these posts by actionfan93 would be more accurate :tongueout) asking for an 'In the Line of Duty 1 - 4' boxset....am I the only one here hoping that 'Middle Man', 'Forbidden Arsenal', and 'Sea Wolves' make it into the set as well!?

• Like 5