Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Kevin Chan
38 minutes ago, Jochem said:

If so, I’ll pass. Nevertheless, a 4K scan could bring opportunities for another release in the future.

Yeah the prices for these mediabooks are really a shame unfortunately. There is still quite a big fan base for these kind of movies in Germany, not least because of the dubbing and the retro VHS art which are both kind of "culty" over here. But these companies totally exploit this demand IMO by creating these overpriced "special editions" which fall flat by international comparison. Sure the packaging looks cool in most cases, but the actual content on the discs leaves too much to be desired. The booklets included tend to be hit and miss as well. Sometimes you do get nice background information and images, but too often it's just some copied and pasted paragraphs from Wikipedia or other parts of the internet. The real important stuff like audio commentaries and extras are only there on selected releases by labels who actually care.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Kevin Chan said:

Yeah the prices for these mediabooks are really a shame unfortunately. There is still quite a big fan base for these kind of movies in Germany, not least because of the dubbing and the retro VHS art which are both kind of "culty" over here. But these companies totally exploit this demand IMO by creating these overpriced "special editions" which fall flat by international comparison. Sure the packaging looks cool in most cases, but the actual content on the discs leaves too much to be desired. The booklets included tend to be hit and miss as well. Sometimes you do get nice background information and images, but too often it's just some copied and pasted paragraphs from Wikipedia or other parts of the internet. The real important stuff like audio commentaries and extras are only there on selected releases by labels who actually care.

Yeah agree. And besides that. there’s a ton of nice stuff on the market and in the making, for you not to go for the easy cash grab.

• Like 1

Super Ninja

Never seen this or owned it. I wonder if it'll be an improvement over the previous releases. Might get it just the same. 

RebelIntruder
10 hours ago, saltysam said:

Looks like Of Cooks & Kung Fu will be Asia Line Vol. 51-english dub option

asiaaline51.jpg

Added to the spreadsheet.  Schroeder seems to think Jack Long and Li Yi Min are in this movie based on their cast list.  Bonus film is Master With Cracked Fingers.

This is a pass from me since I own both films already.

• Like 2

actionfan93

Cargo Records sent me a message saying In the line of Duty 2-4 are coming soon as well I think it's only a matter of time before we see a box set from one of the UK labels

• Like 2

FightingFool

^Nice. I get 3&4 from Cargo then. Not that interested of 1&2. I used to like them long time ago(on vhs era) but later discovered other lethal ladies in HK cinema I prefer. Plus don`t like her same way as used to be. I know it should not be affect like that but after seeing her in absolutely terrible Silver Hawk lost interest seeing her in other movies also.

Edited by FightingFool

actionfan93
12 hours ago, FightingFool said:

^Nice. I get 3&4 from Cargo then. Not that interested of 1&2. I used to like them long time ago(on vhs era) but later discovered other lethal ladies in HK cinema I prefer. Plus don`t like her same way as used to be. I know it should not be affect like that but after seeing her in absolutely terrible Silver Hawk lost interest seeing her in other movies also.

Hopefully this mean a boxset will come from 88 or Eureka or another label sometime this year or early next year and Hopefully Angel is coming soon as well as it was supposedly being restored and maybe Killer Angels is in process somewhere and other girls with guns hopefully 

Yukari Oshima and Moon Lee need some bluray releases of their movies as well at least the most well known ones such as Angel,outlaw brothers,killer angels,devil hunters,princess madam,beauty investigator and maybe Angel 2 

@spannick any idea who in the UK could possibly get these 4 In the line of duty films I assume Angel is not far behind as it was in restoration and hopefully killer angels no idea if any others are planned though 88 was rumored this year to have outlaw brothers

Edited by actionfan93

Chu Liu Hsiang
18 hours ago, saltysam said:

asiaaline51.jpg

Did some read-up, I think I need this movie. As there seems to be no version with original language and subs, I'll probably grab this one.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2022 at 10:23 AM, saltysam said:

asiaaline51.jpg

I notice there is a discrepancy as to the bonus film. The info on the cover art says Cub Tiger of Kwantung but the info sheet says World of Drunken Master. So appears this might be another Asia Line title where the bonus movie is still not finalized on the cover art.

Screenshot_2022-05-13 Unser Programm - Schröder Media.png

thundered mantis

Of cooks and kung fu is in dire need of a Blu Ray release, as the germans did with Snake On Monkeys Shadow. Any chance for this one on Blu @spannick

• Like 2

Super Ninja
13 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Cooks and kung fu subbed 

Sweet, thanks! 

But whoever's running the channel (heard rumors Toby's behing it) has a bad habit of uploading shortened versions of these movies. Can anyone confirm if this is the complete version of the film? 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Yihetuan said:

I also received some updated info re: audio/sub options on some recent and upcoming German blu ray/mediabook releases.

Screenshot_2022-05-10 Mail - James Harding - Outlook.png

My copy of Bruce Lee-Seine Besten Kampfe was on the way when i saw this post. It's just arrived, as noted the movie (True Game Of Death) is german only. I had a quick scan through the film (runs 75 minutes) and not sure what version it is but at around the 51 minute mark The Bruce Li Vs Hwang Jang Lee fight from Bruce Lee's Secret is in there :wondering some good news on the disc is that the bonus movie, Bruce Le's Greatest Revenge DOES have english audio and is widescreen,probably the same print as the hartbox.

Annoyingly it's getting harder to find audio specs on these releases, i want Bruce Lee's Secret and Bruce King Of Kung Fu,both upcoming but cannot find audio specs.

• Like 1

AlexanderFu
On 2/6/2022 at 5:47 PM, saltysam said:

Yep,I've got the HD version of Cantonen Iron but only have a copy of 10 Brothers.Might take a chance and buy it with Blazing Temple .

Me too., 10 Brothers of Shaolin was a great movie! Really liked that one. You can throw it on again and again.

But still (!), I do that with all of these movies anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graysman said:

Cooks and kung fu subbed 

That’s pretty good quality, way better than your average YouTube upload. A Taiwanese DRUNKEN MASTER knockoff starring Jackie CHEN! 😂 Watched the first little bit, looks pretty entertaining — I hear it’s supposed to have some really good fight scenes? I’d buy a Blu of this if it had original language with subs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

My copy of Bruce Lee-Seine Besten Kampfe was on the way when i saw this post. It's just arrived, as noted the movie (True Game Of Death) is german only. I had a quick scan through the film (runs 75 minutes) and not sure what version it is but at around the 51 minute mark The Bruce Li Vs Hwang Jang Lee fight from Bruce Lee's Secret is in there :wondering some good news on the disc is that the bonus movie, Bruce Le's Greatest Revenge DOES have english audio and is widescreen,probably the same print as the hartbox.

Annoyingly it's getting harder to find audio specs on these releases, i want Bruce Lee's Secret and Bruce King Of Kung Fu,both upcoming but cannot find audio specs.

I also want to purchase the latest Eastern Double feature 2 dvd set with Bruce Lee's Deadly Kung Fu aka Bruce Lee's Secret. It's supposed to be the first time that movie has ever been released on dvd in Germany.

• Like 2

I received my FilmArt blu ray of Virgin of the Seven Seas the other day. Fun movie but wish FilmArt had reversible original artwork in their releases.

IMG_20220514_171812__01.jpg

yang_chi-194527090-large.jpg

• Like 3

The new Asia Line release of Kung Fu Vs Yoga uses the same cropped previously released print, english dubbed. Bonus movie Infernal Street also uses the same print as previous (the longer version) again english dubbed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

^Oh there's no reverse cover on this one? The other titles in this collection had.

Sorry I should've been clearer. I'm talking about the original HK poster (that's why I included a pic in my original post) cover art. of course, it comes with the international artwork with the Bod Squad title but I mean I prefer the original cover art like 88 films releases.

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

The new Asia Line release of Kung Fu Vs Yoga uses the same cropped previously released print, english dubbed. Bonus movie Infernal Street also uses the same print as previous (the longer version) again english dubbed.

Thanks for the info. Guess I can scratch that one off my list as I have the old Eastern Collection Vol. 4 dvd.

IMG_20220515_083936__01.jpg

• Like 2