Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Super Ninja
12 hours ago, RebelIntruder said:

I made a Google Doc for all the Asia Line releases.  It contains the German release title with the English friendly equivalent and audio/sub info.  Anything in pink should be considered not English friendly unless otherwise proven.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQZ7VTwI56CYe2wQa69aBrqacND9iRt_AH17bDpGK5k199Twlq_h3a5Z07jfpK-jWNhU_YHII0u41Av/pubhtml

Thanks for the list @RebelIntruder. I wasn't aware they released City Ninja and Devil's Sword? Are these worth getting when compared to their previous releases? 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Got my copy of Virgins of the seven Seas / The Bod Squad great picture quality and a real upgrade to the old DVD. The new 4k scan give the picture more sharpness and nice filmgrain. The old DVD of Camera Obscura was real good but can not compare with the new Blu Ray. It has only like the DVD the german DUB on board but you can choose between a cleaned audio track or the original lightsound. As extra like on the DVD is the german 8mm version and the trailer of the movie. 2 other trailers from Filmart releases The Heroes and Boxer from Shantung are on the disc too. English subs make the disc english friendly. Highly recommended for friends of obscure Shaw Brothers titels.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, kuenfist said:

Got my copy of Virgins of the seven Seas / The Bod Squad great picture quality and a real upgrade to the old DVD. The new 4k scan give the picture more sharpness and nice filmgrain. The old DVD of Camera Obscura was real good but can not compare with the new Blu Ray. It has only like the DVD the german DUB on board but you can choose between a cleaned audio track or the original lightsound. As extra like on the DVD is the german 8mm version and the trailer of the movie. 2 other trailers from Filmart releases The Heroes and Boxer from Shantung are on the disc too. English subs make the disc english friendly. Highly recommended for friends of obscure Shaw Brothers titels.

I just watched the German trailed for this on YT and it looks absolutely nuts. I need to own it yesterday. Can you provide a link to order for shipping to the US? Thanks in advance for your help!

• Like 2

FightingFool
6 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

I just watched the German trailed for this on YT and it looks absolutely nuts. I need to own it yesterday. Can you provide a link to order for shipping to the US? Thanks in advance for your help!

It most likely ends up to amazon.de too but here one can place an order https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail/-/art/karate-kuesse-blonde-katzen/hnum/10903976

It`s fun and good movie but probably stick with dvd as there is no mandarin "dub" in new br

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FightingFool said:

It most likely ends up to amazon.de too but here one can place an order https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail/-/art/karate-kuesse-blonde-katzen/hnum/10903976

It`s fun and good movie but probably stick with dvd as there is no mandarin "dub" in new br

Looks like they only have the Blu-ray for sale — I can’t find the DVD on their website, and that’s what I need as the Blu-ray isn’t English friendly. 😢

1 minute ago, WaverBoy said:

Looks like they only have the Blu-ray for sale — I can’t find the DVD on their website, and that’s what I need as the Blu-ray isn’t English friendly. 😢

Kuenfist says the blu has German dub and English subtitles

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Kuenfist says the blu has German dub and English subtitles

I’m sorry, I totally misread the post. I’ll go for the Blu. So no release of this contains the Mandarin track?

ShawAngela
7 hours ago, FightingFool said:

Be careful, jpc doesn't ship FSK18 movies outside of Germany.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

I’m sorry, I totally misread the post. I’ll go for the Blu. So no release of this contains the Mandarin track?

Nope, unfortunately the original audio track was lost and German is the only one available.

8 hours ago, FightingFool said:

Looks like JPC won’t ship this to the US and Amazon Germany apparently only has the DVD in stock, for €60. Yikes. Anybody know who might have the Blu in stock for shipping to the US?

FightingFool
3 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Looks like JPC won’t ship this to the US and Amazon Germany apparently only has the DVD in stock, for €60. Yikes. Anybody know who might have the Blu in stock for shipping to the US?

D&T mailorder will definitely ships it to US they just don`t have it in stock yet. As the official release day is on friday it should be available there soon and in amazon.de (probably by 3rd party sellers 1st) also
https://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=80397

Edited by FightingFool
  • Like 1

Kevin Chan

19 hours ago, FightingFool said:

It most likely ends up to amazon.de too

The problem with this one is that not only is it FSK18, but also "indexed", which means it is even more restricted. I expect not super many major sellers to actually list the BD for sale.

If you can't get it but you want it, drop me a PM. I live in Germany and maybe we can work something out where I buy it for you and then send it to you.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 2

actionfan93
On 3/30/2022 at 8:41 PM, actionfan93 said:
Cargo Movies in Germany has the following releases coming soon no word on if English subs or dubs are included 
Cover Hard/Full Contact 2K remastered https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cover-Hard-Blu-ray/314082/

Born Hero 2/Tiger on Beat 2K remastered https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Born-Hero-2-Blu-ray/313851/

an update from Cargo Movies Cover Hard,ultra force and Born Hero 2 will have English subs and English dubs per a message I got from them

Edited by actionfan93

On 5/5/2022 at 11:04 AM, actionfan93 said:

an update from Cargo Movies Cover Hard,ultra force and Born Hero 2 will have English subs and English dubs peHard,ultrar a message I got from them

If they've been remastered then surely they'll be getting a UK release. I'll wait.

• Like 2

actionfan93
7 minutes ago, saltysam said:

If they've been remastered then surely they'll be getting a UK release. I'll wait.

wasn't Full Contact and Tiger On Beat in rights purgatory as well as Hard Boiled and the Killer and if thats the case then I assume the rest of the in the line of duty 2-3 will be coming soon then so I assume a boxset of 1-4 will come within the next few years from 88,Eureka or another label

Hard Boiled and The Killer have rights issues,I don't believe Full Contact or Tiger On The Beat do.

actionfan93
8 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Hard Boiled and The Killer have rights issues,I don't believe Full Contact or Tiger On The Beat do.

Full Contact is a Golden Princess Film

11 hours ago, saltysam said:

Sony owns rights to Full Contact outside of Asia.

• Like 2

actionfan93
10 minutes ago, DiP said:

Sony owns rights to Full Contact outside of Asia.

hmm maybe with that german release of Full Contact Who Am I will eventually come in the future not sure if a UK release will follow I'd like to see 88 or Eureka or another label get those chow yun fat films

RebelIntruder
On 4/28/2022 at 12:18 AM, Django said:

Did anyone pick up Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagogue yet? If so, how does it look?

I don't know what other versions look like, but it looks very good to me.  About what you'd expect quality wise for a non Shaw remaster.

The Buddha's Palm and Dragon Fist bonus is the same length as the Vengeance Video DVD but looks slightly worse quality wise.  File size is 700MB smaller despite having an extra audio track.

• Like 1

RebelIntruder
On 1/11/2022 at 8:01 AM, Yihetuan said:

The next release in the Asia Line series is ChaoChow Guy.

Screenshot_2022-01-11 Unser Programm - Schröder Media(1).png

Neither this film, nor the bonus film is English friendly.  Chaochow guy does have Chinese audio, so it could make a good custom.  The bonus film is about VHS quality and German audio only.

• Buddha Bless You 1

I also received some updated info re: audio/sub options on some recent and upcoming German blu ray/mediabook releases.

Screenshot_2022-05-10 Mail - James Harding - Outlook.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kevin Chan said:

No price yet. Let's have a guess.. 45€? Pathetic.

If so, I’ll pass. Nevertheless, a 4K scan could bring opportunities for another release in the future.

• Like 1