Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

FightingFool
9 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

:monk_crying::monk_crying::headbang :headbang

Chia Ling is THE other female fighter as great as Angela Mao ! So, if I understand well, you also never saw A girl named Iron phoenix, Iron swallow, No one can touch her, Female chivalry, The escape, The great hunter and so on ! 

Queen Boxer is THE movie to watch with her, and Ming Patriots is not far away from this one ! 

Other recommandantions : Assassin, Imprudent iron phoenix, Super girl of kung fu, The martyrs, Crazy acrobat, Heroes behind the enemy lines, Seven spirit pagoda, The lantern street, The double double crosser...

It's not a coicidence if I place her ex aequo in my top favorite female fighters together with Angela Mao and Shan Kuan Ling Fung ! For me, they are all three the best female fighters.

Thx Lady Movie Sifu..those movie names completely unfamiliar for me now..

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

I know it is not much defense but I am mostly Shaw guy...

Me too ! But my love for the female fighters heroines in movies lead me to watch all what I could, Shaws or not Shaws...

• Like 2

FightingFool
6 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Me too ! But my love for the female fighters heroines in movies lead me to watch all what I could, Shaws or not Shaws...

Are there particular ones you would recommend which have official dvd release?Not Shaws of course but some of more obscure movies.

12 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

Are there particular ones you would recommend which have official dvd release?Not Shaws of course but some of more obscure movies.

Regarding female fighters, Chai Ling, or any other martial arts movie ?

• Like 2

FightingFool
Just now, ShawAngela said:

Regarding female fighters, Chai Ling, or any other martial arts movie ?

female fighters.I liked "leg fighters" a lot with that outstanding long legged female kicker..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

female fighters.I liked "leg fighters" a lot with that outstanding long legged female kicker..

I know that there are official releases of :

Woman avenger

No one can touch her

Queen Boxer

Iron swallow

Revengeful swordswoman

Story in Red Temple Lily

I'll tell you of others later, it's time to go to bed...

• Like 1

FightingFool
1 minute ago, ShawAngela said:

I know that there are official releases of :

Woman avenger

No one can touch her

Queen Boxer

Iron swallow

Revengeful swordswoman

Story in Red Temple Lily

I'll tell you of others later, it's time to go to bed...

Woman avenger I have seen from UK dvd and liked it a lot..thx for other titles mate

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

:monk_crying::monk_crying::headbang :headbang

Chia Ling is THE other female fighter as great as Angela Mao ! So, if I understand well, you also never saw A girl named Iron phoenix, Iron swallow, No one can touch her, Female chivalry, The escape, The great hunter and so on ! 

Queen Boxer is THE movie to watch with her, and Ming Patriots is not far away from this one ! 

Other recommandantions : Assassin, Imprudent iron phoenix, Super girl of kung fu, The martyrs, Crazy acrobat, Heroes behind the enemy lines, Seven spirit pagoda, The lantern street, The double double crosser...

It's not a coicidence if I place her ex aequo in my top favorite female fighters together with Angela Mao and Shan Kuan Ling Fung ! For me, they are all three the best female fighters.

So when do we get a Chia Ling Blu-ray box set??? I’m in.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

17 hours ago, FightingFool said:

Woman avenger I have seen from UK dvd and liked it a lot..thx for other titles mate

No one can touch her + Queen boxer, I don't know how is the quality print. 

For me, it's too high due to the global shipping and the customs.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/175233686828?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l3160&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=871e3e5abbad4af5b4bb782c2bcb9a53&bu=43812000890&ut=RU&osub=-1~1&crd=20220409015613&segname=11021&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cut%3Dut%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

• Like 2

Super Ninja
On 4/8/2022 at 9:13 PM, ShawAngela said:

WHAAAATTT  ?! You never saw Queen Boxer ?! You must correct this at once, believe me !  Chia Ling is GREAT in it, and Yang Kuan has also some good fights ! 

When I think that I recenlty got a Mandarin release fo Queen Boxer from a TV record with a beautiful quality print, with English subtitles, and that the disc freezes after around 20 mn, I'm FURIOUS ! Does it happen that someone has this version ?

Don't be mad, I'll correct this as soon as I get my hands on that Asia line release. :laugh

A friend said that the movie ain't as good but deserves its classic status on account of the final fight alone?

On 4/8/2022 at 9:19 PM, FightingFool said:

Never even heard of that...was goose boxer with crane kung fu villain?think had it on tape but not sure if ever watched it fully..

Yes. Charles Heung learns Goose boxing to defeat Lee Hoi-Sang who's using White crane if I remember correctly, only in the movie they call it Fire Crane. Tommy Lee's choreo.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 11:55 AM, Super Ninja said:

A must for me. I only got one Asia line release so far, and that was The Dumb Ox, but now with Kung fu vs. Yoga and Goose Boxer coming out, I'm looking to change that. 

Never seen Queen Boxer so that's another reason to get it. 

If you're a fan of The Dumb Ox, you should pick up the Eastern Grindhouse double feature blu ray with Rage of the Dragon. It's still available for around $25 and worth it.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Shaolin-Der-Todesschrei-des-Panthers-and-Im-Auftrag-der-Todeskralle-Blu-ray/287549/

• Like 5

Super Ninja
15 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

If you're a fan of The Dumb Ox, you should pick up the Eastern Grindhouse double feature blu ray with Rage of the Dragon. It's still available for around $25 and worth it.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Shaolin-Der-Todesschrei-des-Panthers-and-Im-Auftrag-der-Todeskralle-Blu-ray/287549/

Wasn't even aware it got a BR release. I guess I don't even need to ask if the PQ is better? 

• Like 2

RebelIntruder

c9v14gwg.j31

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but the Chen Sing Collection by Cargo Records is not English Friendly despite what ofdb says.  Only 1 of the 4 movies has english audio and no english subs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

I pre-ordered Once A thief, but don't see any confirmation of English subtitles. If anyone knows, can they confirm from it another source? 

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Once-a-Thief-Blu-ray/313916/

Hope you let us know one way or the other since you bit the bullet and pre-ordered it. I'm sure quite a few on here would buy it if it's confirmed with English subs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Hope you let us know one way or the other since you bit the bullet and pre-ordered it. I'm sure quite a few on here would buy it if it's confirmed with English subs.

In a heartbeat. I’ve been waiting for a Blu of John Woo’s notorious Killer Target!

• Like 2

I suspect these titles will be already licenced to a UK label. Which likely means no english subs, i think this was the case with the german release of One Armed Boxer. @spannick would probably know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Django said:

Did anyone pick up Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagogue yet? If so, how does it look?

It got delayed by a few weeks but was released yesterday, I ordered from Amazon.de so will  update when I get it 

• Like 2

RebelIntruder

I made a Google Doc for all the Asia Line releases.  It contains the German release title with the English friendly equivalent and audio/sub info.  Anything in pink should be considered not English friendly unless otherwise proven.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQZ7VTwI56CYe2wQa69aBrqacND9iRt_AH17bDpGK5k199Twlq_h3a5Z07jfpK-jWNhU_YHII0u41Av/pubhtml

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 4

1 hour ago, RebelIntruder said:

I made a Google Doc for all the Asia Line releases.  It contains the German release title with the English friendly equivalent and audio/sub info.  Anything in pink should be considered not English friendly unless otherwise proven.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQZ7VTwI56CYe2wQa69aBrqacND9iRt_AH17bDpGK5k199Twlq_h3a5Z07jfpK-jWNhU_YHII0u41Av/pubhtml

Thanks for that! However Hells Windstaff is not English friendly sadly..

• Sad 1

RebelIntruder
9 hours ago, Django said:

Thanks for that! However Hells Windstaff is not English friendly sadly..

It doesn't have English hardsubs?