Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Super Ninja
1 minute ago, FightingFool said:

Bonusfilm "Infernal street" looks more interesting but at least main features lady in cast who was in "ambitious kung fu girl" so that is +.

Can't agree until I see the bonus movie, but I'd get Kung Fu vs. Yoga for that final fight alone. 

And I am defo getting this, been on a hunt for the VV release for years and nothing. If this is an upgrade, all the better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Can't agree until I see the bonus movie, but I'd get Kung Fu vs. Yoga for that final fight alone. 

And I am defo getting this, been on a hunt for the VV release for years and nothing. If this is an upgrade, all the better. 

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Infernal Street is good, i've got the original release.

Infernal street is not only good, it's great ! At least in my opinion, but as I'm a huge fan of Yu Tien Lung, I'm not ver objective...😂🤣

• Like 2

Leo Fong's Enforcer from Death Row is getting a dvd release tomorrow from Cargo Records with 2 cover variations. Of course, it's english friendly but I don't know why anyone would pick this up when you can get the Dark Force blu ray with this movie and Black Dragon for around $20.

Screenshot_2022-03-30 OFDb - DVD Cargo Records (Cover A) (Deutschland), Freigabe FSK 18 von Killer im Zeichen des Drachen ([...].png

Screenshot_2022-03-30 FONG, LEO ENFORCER - COVER B Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

actionfan93
Cargo Movies in Germany has the following releases coming soon no word on if English subs or dubs are included 
Cover Hard/Full Contact 2K remastered https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cover-Hard-Blu-ray/314082/

Born Hero 2/Tiger on Beat 2K remastered https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Born-Hero-2-Blu-ray/313851/

@spannick is there any chance of the UK labels picking up Full Contact or Tiger on Beat
Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Leo Fong's Enforcer from Death Row is getting a dvd release tomorrow from Cargo Records with 2 cover variations. Of course, it's english friendly but I don't know why anyone would pick this up when you can get the Dark Force blu ray with this movie and Black Dragon for around $20.

Screenshot_2022-03-30 OFDb - DVD Cargo Records (Cover A) (Deutschland), Freigabe FSK 18 von Killer im Zeichen des Drachen ([...].png

the Dark Force "Bluray" (not worth that word) is from a terrible rotten Print from the gutter, with green lines all over the place and missing about 15 Minutes. German DVD looks normal and is uncut.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, spannick said:

the Dark Force "Bluray" (not worth that word) is from a terrible rotten Print from the gutter, with green lines all over the place and missing about 15 Minutes. German DVD looks normal and is uncut.

well that answers that.

I received my copy of the Asia Line release of Blazing Temple and it's not worth double dipping if you already have the Mei Ah dvd. Both are uncut and feature 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The Mei Ah has original language plus English subs while his one only has choice of German, Mandarin or English w/ German subs. I would only recommend if you don't own the Mei Ah or you really want the bonus film 18 Fatal Strikes. Never saw the Crash Cinema dvd version, so I don't know how that compares to the Mei Ah or the German?

• Like 1

Was the mei ah of Blazing Temple anamorphic? Had issues with some of their non anamorphic releases,zooming up would result in half the subtitles going off screen

Killer Meteor
3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Was the mei ah of Blazing Temple anamorphic?

No, it was quite an ugly video transfer too - though the actual film print looked good.

Love all 3 titles, so this is great news! I'm mostly curious with the Full Contact release, as I had assumed that was a part of the Golden Princess catalogue. 

• Like 2

Of course I'd like to get all three, but damn they're bloody expensive. 35-40 EUR each, just because they're in Mediabooks. And Cargo is not exactly known for putting extensive bonus materials onto their releases.

Edited by Kevin Chan

16 hours ago, saltysam said:

Was the mei ah of Blazing Temple anamorphic? Had issues with some of their non anamorphic releases,zooming up would result in half the subtitles going off screen

This German version has noticeable artifacts and compression. I imagine packing two full feature length movies onto a single disc isn't the best for PQ.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

This German version has noticeable artifacts and compression. I imagine packing two full feature length movies onto a single disc isn't the best for PQ.

Yep, got it myself,quite disappointing. Asia Line have released some gems but i think the well has run dry for them now, mainly reissues with a bonus movie added for value.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wmcguire18 said:

Does anyone know if this edition of THE WATER MARGIN has English subs?

watermargin.jpg

yes, i have it. The only Shaw release from that series that didn't have english subtitles was Human Lanterns.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saltysam said:

yes, i have it. The only Shaw release from that series that didn't have english subtitles was Human Lanterns.

You, this thread, and this forum are an absolute life-saver sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

actionfan93
On 3/30/2022 at 8:41 PM, actionfan93 said:
Cargo Movies in Germany has the following releases coming soon no word on if English subs or dubs are included 
Cover Hard/Full Contact 2K remastered https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cover-Hard-Blu-ray/314082/

Born Hero 2/Tiger on Beat 2K remastered https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Born-Hero-2-Blu-ray/313851/

If anyone picks these up can they please confirm if these have english dubs or subs or both

• Like 1

From Asia line in June, english audio listed. Another re-release ,Goose Boxer and it looks like Queen Boxer as the bonus movie.

asiavol50.jpg

• Like 1

Super Ninja

A must for me. I only got one Asia line release so far, and that was The Dumb Ox, but now with Kung fu vs. Yoga and Goose Boxer coming out, I'm looking to change that. 

Never seen Queen Boxer so that's another reason to get it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

A must for me. I only got one Asia line release so far, and that was The Dumb Ox, but now with Kung fu vs. Yoga and Goose Boxer coming out, I'm looking to change that. 

Never seen Queen Boxer so that's another reason to get it. 

WHAAAATTT  ?! You never saw Queen Boxer ?! You must correct this at once, believe me !  Chia Ling is GREAT in it, and Yang Kuan has also some good fights ! 

When I think that I recenlty got a Mandarin release fo Queen Boxer from a TV record with a beautiful quality print, with English subtitles, and that the disc freezes after around 20 mn, I'm FURIOUS ! Does it happen that someone has this version ?

• Like 1

FightingFool
4 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

WHAAAATTT  ?! You never saw Queen Boxer ?!

Never even heard of that...was goose boxer with crane kung fu villain?think had it on tape but not sure if ever watched it fully..

2 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

Never even heard of that...was goose boxer with crane kung fu villain?think had it on tape but not sure if ever watched it fully..

If I'm not mistaken, Goose boxer already has a German release, but I don't remember if it has any English options.

Don't tell me that you never heard of Queen Boxer too !  I'm going to cry ! :bs_laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

FightingFool
10 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

If I'm not mistaken, Goose boxer already has a German release, but I don't remember if it has any English options.

Don't tell me that you never heard of Queen Boxer too !  I'm going to cry ! :bs_laughing:

Make it worse...I never heard of Chia Ling and only movie with her seen is "8 masters"..tho I remember tried to find in past "ming patriots", still not seen it..

I know it is not much defense but I am mostly Shaw guy...

Edited by FightingFool
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FightingFool said:

Make it worse...I never heard of Chia Ling and only movie with her seen is "8 masters"..tho I remember tried to find in past "ming patriots", still not seen it

:monk_crying::monk_crying::headbang :headbang

Chia Ling is THE other female fighter as great as Angela Mao ! So, if I understand well, you also never saw A girl named Iron phoenix, Iron swallow, No one can touch her, Female chivalry, The escape, The great hunter and so on ! 

Queen Boxer is THE movie to watch with her, and Ming Patriots is not far away from this one ! 

Other recommandantions : Assassin, Imprudent iron phoenix, Super girl of kung fu, The martyrs, Crazy acrobat, Heroes behind the enemy lines, Seven spirit pagoda, The lantern street, The double double crosser...

It's not a coicidence if I place her ex aequo in my top favorite female fighters together with Angela Mao and Shan Kuan Ling Fung ! For me, they are all three the best female fighters.

• Like 5