Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

11 minutes ago, shawolin said:

There will be a new release on Bluray in the near future.

Guy from Germany told me, Filmart is going to release it.

If the A/V quality is better than the old Blu (i.e. no filtering) then I’ll happily upgrade.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, saltysam said:

How would i tell if it's the original,i'm not that familar with the recuts.

The original is a completely different movie. It has no Dean Shek, no Simon Yuen, no Jackie Double, no blindfolded fighting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shawolin said:

I don't know when FilmArt will release Cracked Fingers but here's the latest scheduled blu ray releases according to FilmArt. Looks like Virgin of the Seven Seas is next, with Flag of Iron and then Avenging Eagle. I have zero interest in Flag of Iron but Avenging Eagle would be one of my most anticipated titles of 2022 and I can always use an HD upgrade for Bod Squad.

Screenshot_2022-03-08 filmArt Facebook.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Chu Liu Hsiang
11 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I don't know when FilmArt will release Cracked Fingers but here's the latest scheduled blu ray releases according to FilmArt. Looks like Virgin of the Seven Seas is next, with Flag of Iron and then Avenging Eagle. I have zero interest in Flag of Iron but Avenging Eagle would be one of my most anticipated titles of 2022 and I can always use an HD upgrade for Bod Squad.

Let the EAGLE land!!

• Like 2

I watched my german blu of Master Of Cracked Fingers. It's the recut with Simon Yuen, Dean Shek & the Jackie double. The SD version on the disc is Snake Fist Fighter, and also features Simon Yuen and Dean Shek. No original Cub Tiger version on this disc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

I watched my german blu of Master Of Cracked Fingers. It's the recut with Simon Yuen, Dean Shek & the Jackie double. The SD version on the disc is Snake Fist Fighter, and also features Simon Yuen and Dean Shek. No original Cub Tiger version on this disc.

DAMN! Looks like DVD Compare is incorrect. Nice. Oh well, at least I’ll have an HD version of the trashy re-edit. 😢

I’m glad that Rarescope DVD exists. Better than nothing.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 3

On 3/8/2022 at 8:17 AM, Ronin said:

Yes, the German blu-ray does include the original version of CUB TIGER FROM KWANG TUNG as well as the MASTER WITH CRACKED FINGERS version. The original version does have English subtitles and is real HD, but heavily filtered. The MASTER WITH CRACKED FINGERS version is SD. Unfortunately this blu-ray is long out of print. This OFDb entry is correct:

https://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=4467&vid=394500

Apparently the German Blu doesn’t contain the original 1973 version after all. 😢

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 11:21 AM, shawolin said:

Can you find out if it will contain the uncut original 1973 version of CUB TIGER FROM KWANG TUNG?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Django said:

Hopefully UNCUT 👏

By "uncut" if you mean a reconstructed print, then yes that would be the best version. Does FilmArt include lesser quality scenes like TVP's reconstructed "uncut" versions?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Apparently the German Blu doesn’t contain the original 1973 version after all. 😢

Ah, I thought the version in Mandarin on the German blu was the original, didn't realize they had recut the film in HK back in 1979. With the inclusion of the English dubbed SNAKE FIST FIGHTER version, I assumed the Mandarin version was the real deal. What a mess!

• Like 3

I watched the new german blu ray of Warrior & The Ninja. Transfer is solid, very filmic, english,indonesian and german language options plus english subtitles. The film itself definitely not for me and i'm glad i managed to view before buying but for fans of this film it's a solid recommendation.

• Like 7

Anyone who missed out on the first pressing of Filmart's Return of the Chinese Boxer Boxer blu ray back in 2015 can pick up the repress. It's identical to the 2015 release which means it will have the English dub. It will be listed for pre-order next week along with the Virgin of the Seven Seas blu ray.

275544352_4814678578586693_7492040154887926376_n.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Anyone who missed out on the first pressing of Filmart's Return of the Chinese Boxer Boxer blu ray back in 2015 can pick up the repress. It's identical to the 2015 release which means it will have the English dub. It will be listed for pre-order next week along with the Virgin of the Seven Seas blu ray.

Is there anything this has that the 88 release doesn’t?

• Like 1

FightingFool
16 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Is there anything this has that the 88 release doesn’t?

Different movies, this is sequel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

prefer this cover to the old one but i won't upgrade just for that

• Like 2

Have the first press and this is a great bluray. At the time when it come out it set a new standard how old fu can look on bluray. Highly recommended.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FightingFool said:

Different movies, this is sequel.

Oops, my aging eyes didn’t even notice the “Return Of” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is this the only Blu of it available?

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Oops, my aging eyes didn’t even notice the “Return Of” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is this the only Blu of it available?

Yes.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
51 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Shamrock is putting out High Risk

The artwork on the middle sleeve looks like its from the same artist who did the recent Vinegar Syndrome release of 'Ebola Syndrome'.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

The artwork on the middle sleeve looks like its from the same artist who did the recent Vinegar Syndrome release of 'Ebola Syndrome'.

Definitely looks like Ralf Krause artwork.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Shamrock is putting out High Risk

D94547DE-1001-450F-B51B-DB5D286E3449.jpeg

So far it looks like it's not English friendly.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/High-Risk-Blu-ray/313234/

But as we know, the specs are often not correct and we will find out for sure as it gets close to the release date. Sometimes even after a title has been released, the specs are still wrong as is the case for Militant Eagle. It's been out since last October but it still says German & Mandarin audio only but it's been confirmed that it does have the English dub.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ein-Dampfhammer-unter-1000-Nieten-Blu-ray/289604/

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

So far it looks like it's not English friendly.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/High-Risk-Blu-ray/313234/

But as we know, the specs are often not correct and we will find out for sure as it gets close to the release date. Sometimes even after a title has been released, the specs are still wrong as is the case for Militant Eagle. It's been out since last October but it still says German & Mandarin audio only but it's been confirmed that it does have the English dub.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ein-Dampfhammer-unter-1000-Nieten-Blu-ray/289604/

Frank Djeng confirmed on Facebook that it will have English subtitles, as he is redoing them himself!

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 3