Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Chen Hung Lieh
On 1/7/2022 at 1:39 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Yes, there are two sets of subs. The ones I did for laughs (Which actually follow the real plot, just vulgar humor) and the exact translation of the German dialogue by Chen Hung Lieh on this site. The print from the VHS looks better than the preview, but let's hope it gets the remaster it deserves. Redress was considered on of the better Wu Xia's of the period, rivalling Shaw brothers.

Are you talking about Redress? This one subbed/translated someone else, but thanks for the undeserved credits :-D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Coming next week from Shamrock Media is the Michael Worth and Dennis Farina straight to video buddy cop action movie, Street Crimes aka Street Impact. English friendly of course since this is a US production.

Screenshot_2022-01-13 fee_786_587_png (PNG Image, 786 × 587 pixels).png

• Like 3

On 11/11/2021 at 4:52 AM, Yihetuan said:

The next release in the Asia Line series #45 is the Taiwanese comedy actioner, The Hot Pursuit. So far it lists Chinese and German audio with widescreen aspect ratio but no other details. We'll have to wait to see if English audio or subs pop up.

Screenshot_2021-11-10 Unser Programm - Schröder Media.png

Judging by an Amazon users review this is definitely one to avoid.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Yueh-Yang/product-reviews/B09LGLLVZP/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

• Like 1

Received a copy of the Shamrock bluray of Martial Arts of Shaolin. What interested me was that it has English subtitles, and pretty good translation too. Do Shamrock's releases usually have English subtitles? I noticed that the bluray features an alternate version of the movie in SD, which runs about 4 min longer. Anyone know the difference between the HD and the SD version?

Also, according to blu-ray.com, Shamrock are slated to release these following titles this year: Cheetah on FireNew Legend of Shaolin, and High Risk.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang
5 hours ago, DiP said:

I noticed that the bluray features an alternate version of the movie in SD, which runs about 4 min longer. Anyone know the difference between the HD and the SD version?

schnittberichte.com compared HD vs SD/ VHS version

schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=844284

Roughly translated/ summed up:

Do the missing 4 minutes really matter? Luckily, a clear no. Apart from one unimportant scene at the beginning, no single shot is missing completely. We listed some moments where one or several seconds of a shot have been shortened at the beginning/ end. All in all they do not matter. No missing shreds of violence (like in NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN) or missing dialogues (like in 14 AMAZONS). You can safely watch the HD version while purists can choose the longer VHS version.

We have not listed a lot of missing source material flaws with a duration of less than 0.5 seconds each. As usually, the Celestial restauration has a lot of framecuts which add up to nearly 4 minutes.

They then list 7 “relevant” missing cuts with a total duration of 13 seconds, with corresponding screen shots.

Celestial/ Shaw logo at the beginning are 22.8 seconds longer compared to the Pearl River logo in the SD version, this was not included in the total cut sum.

I am not versed in translating these technical terms, I hope it makes sense. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DiP said:

Received a copy of the Shamrock bluray of Martial Arts of Shaolin. What interested me was that it has English subtitles, and pretty good translation too. Do Shamrock's releases usually have English subtitles? I noticed that the bluray features an alternate version of the movie in SD, which runs about 4 min longer. Anyone know the difference between the HD and the SD version?

Also, according to blu-ray.com, Shamrock are slated to release these following titles this year: Cheetah on FireNew Legend of Shaolin, and High Risk.

New legend of shaolin would be great as a limited edition or mediabook or something. Any idea when it could be released?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DiP said:

and 2 nice girls with guns also from that licence deal coming from Shamrock... a hint below.

hello there.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DiP said:

If these are English friendly, I'm excited. A Blu Ray of New Legend of Shaolin is a must.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

If these are English friendly, I'm excited. A Blu Ray of New Legend of Shaolin is a must.

English Sub & Dub (if it exists on certain titles) planned for all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spannick said:

and 2 nice girls with guns also from that licence deal coming from Shamrock... a hint below.

hello there.jpg

Dreaming the Reality? Holy shit!!! Instant-buy !!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

35 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Somebody needs to call @actionfan93.

thanks for the tag I am curious what the other title is

@spannick is Angel still coming for 2022 I hope In the line of Duty 1-4 are as well and I also hope Killer Angels is coming and maybe Devil Hunters any hope for Beauty Investigator and I assume Outlaw Brothers is coming there was rumors 88 Films had it and I hope rights can be obtained for Princess Madam

I hope the future girls with guns releases include the english dubs its all I know since watching them

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

04296B23-33AB-41C3-99F8-CD7446C4852E.jpeg

0CE170BE-4F4D-4617-88F0-AE7FF9959A4C.jpeg

I have this edition and the picture quality is great but the 4K UHD is not worth buying this box set. Ok it has the 4K resolution but no HDR or Dolby Vision. I compared the Blu Ray with the UHD on my Panasonic 4k Player it looks the same on my LG TV.  It is a problem with older Koch Media UHD releases most of the time they have no HDR or Dolby Vision like the Suspiria Box Set release. The remake has HDR and original not !!!

But if you like Box Sets the booklet is very nice ( many pictures - only german text) and both movies Bride with white Hair 1 and 2 have english subs.

• Like 3

Ok, i ordered the below releases from Amazon.De which arrived today. They are the same disc!Both movies on the same disc,a double feature. Just a different cover showcasing Fighting Ace on one and Death Duel Of Kung Fu on the other. Why they didn't just release this with a reversible cover for either movie beats me. Caught me out anyway. The disc itself, Fighting Ace is the old crappy heavily cropped print, Death Duel Of Kung Fu seems to fare better from what i checked, proper scope anamorphic. Both movies have an english dub.

fighace.jpg

duel.jpg

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 7

Shamrock asked me to open his German HD Trailer for DREAMING THE REALTY to public viewing and this means: a release is planned. on FB he wrote "English options will be available"

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, spannick said:

Shamrock asked me to open his German HD Trailer for DREAMING THE REALTY to public viewing and this means: a release is planned. on FB he wrote "English options will be available"

Awesome on my too buy list 👍 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 9:30 AM, kuenfist said:

I have this edition and the picture quality is great but the 4K UHD is not worth buying this box set. Ok it has the 4K resolution but no HDR or Dolby Vision. I compared the Blu Ray with the UHD on my Panasonic 4k Player it looks the same on my LG TV.  It is a problem with older Koch Media UHD releases most of the time they have no HDR or Dolby Vision like the Suspiria Box Set release. The remake has HDR and original not !!!

But if you like Box Sets the booklet is very nice ( many pictures - only german text) and both movies Bride with white Hair 1 and 2 have english subs.

yeah this has been out since last year and I was thinking up picking it up since it was 40 euros but it's a hard pass for me with no HDR or DV. With no metadata, it's going to look dim on your display and possibly even worse than the SDR blu ray without tonemapping.

Here's an unboxing, if you want to check out the booklets.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 12:06 PM, saltysam said:

Ok, i ordered the below releases from Amazon.De which arrived today. They are the same disc!Both movies on the same disc,a double feature. Just a different cover showcasing Fighting Ace on one and Death Duel Of Kung Fu on the other. Why they didn't just release this with a reversible cover for either movie beats me. Caught me out anyway. The disc itself, Fighting Ace is the old crappy heavily cropped print, Death Duel Of Kung Fu seems to fare better from what i checked, proper scope anamorphic. Both movies have an english dub.

fighace.jpg

duel.jpg

Thanks mate. You just saved me $20 from grooves.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, spannick said:

:laluot_22:

AMAZING

• Like 3