Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

1 hour ago, wmcguire18 said:

This is kinda embarrassing but I can't even find this release on German Amazon. Does anyone know where this might be available at?

killer constable.jpg

yeah, I was going to say the same thing as @saltysam...why would you get this instead of the English friendly 88Films blu ray unless you are FilmArt completist and are collecting all their Shaw releases.

If you're really still interested then I can send you a link to an Austrian mail order place that still has it in stock. They will ship internationally via registered mail. Just PM me.

//edit

ok, I read your post on the other thread. had no idea that the 88 blu ray is OOP too. Well looks like you are SOL now unless you want to pay crazy prices on eBay for a copy.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

yeah, I was going to say the same thing as @saltysam...why would you get this instead of the English friendly 88Films blu ray unless you are FilmArt completist and are collecting all their Shaw releases.

If you're really still interested then I can send you a link to an Austrian mail order place that still has it in stock. They will ship internationally via registered mail. Just PM me.

//edit

ok, I read your post on the other thread. had no idea that the 88 blu ray is OOP too. Well looks like you are SOL now unless you want to pay crazy prices on eBay for a copy.

I would actually be fine with ebay prices if anyone on ebay was selling it. The Celestial DVD is selling for a fair price, so I might just bite the bullet and grab that

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kuenfist said:

I don't think that's the issue. The problem is that German blu ray isn't English friendly. I was under the impression that @wmcguire18 thought the German blu ray had English subs but CMIIW.

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I don't think that's the issue. The problem is that German blu ray isn't English friendly. I was under the impression that @wmcguire18 thought the German blu ray had English subs but CMIIW.

Correct.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Redress coming from Cargo Records in May. Usually english friendly,subs or a dub.

redress.jpg

What a strange cover !

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Redress coming from Cargo Records in May. Usually english friendly,subs or a dub.

redress.jpg

Is this KILLER CONSTABLES?

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
21 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Is this KILLER CONSTABLES?

Not sure if it's an aka dude, but here's the dedicated thread (one which I'll always remember since it was originally titled 'Red Dress' :tongueout) - 

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU

Yes, there are two sets of subs. The ones I did for laughs (Which actually follow the real plot, just vulgar humor) and the exact translation of the German dialogue by Chen Hung Lieh on this site. The print from the VHS looks better than the preview, but let's hope it gets the remaster it deserves. Redress was considered on of the better Wu Xia's of the period, rivalling Shaw brothers.

• Like 5

The next release in the Asia Line series is ChaoChow Guy.

Screenshot_2022-01-11 Unser Programm - Schröder Media(1).png

It seems ti me that there is already an eycatcher release of this one, right ?

What is the bonus film, please ?

Any idea of the release date ?

• Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

Yes there is Eyecatcher release of CHAOCHOW GUY. Bonus movie FIERCE AMONG STRONG had a release by Paragon, in a box with 3 or 4 movies  IIRC. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Release is 3rd March. I think the bonus movie is

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7187360/?ref_=ttrel_rel_tt

A movie with Kang Kai ?! I'm in, just for him ! On another site, it's mentioned that Lung Fei and Li Yi Min also play in it, I wonder if it could be a movie that I reviewed a little while ago and in which I was convinced that there were fut scenes. I don' t remember the title at this moment.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Yes there is Eyecatcher release of CHAOCHOW GUY. Bonus movie FIERCE AMONG STRONG had a release by Paragon, in a box with 3 or 4 movies  IIRC. 

That Eyecatcher release wasn't English friendly if I recall correctly. So what are chances this one will be?

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

That Eyecatcher release wasn't English friendly if I recall correctly. So what are chances this one will be?

Just a friendly reminder - 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Just a friendly reminder - 

I actually mistyped, I meant to say it was English friendly with English subs. So the chances are good that this will be too even though the specs aren't out yet.

• Like 3

Only Asia Line release that hasn't been english-friendly when an earlier release was is Black Panther i think.So hopefully this one will be fine.

• Like 1