Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

9 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

China o brien 2 cover art poster!!! 

Speaking of Cynthia Rothrock, Phoenix/Cargo are putting out The Blonde Fury aka  Lady Reporter aka Righting Wrongs 2 out on an English friendly dvd with a release date of Jan 14 next year.

I have the Deltamac dvd and I just looked up a used copy on Amazon marketplace and it's selling for $499.99. :shaking

Screenshot_2021-12-09 ROTHROCK, CYNTHIA BORN TO FIGHT 1 Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

thundered mantis
11 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

well going from a 144p VHS copy to an HD copy would be quite the leap in quality I would say

And yes a 144p VHS copy is the absolute best version of this movie available anywhere right now, outside of an authentic 35 mm print of course (are there even any of those lying around?)

Exciting!

But it aint HD isn't it? It's just SD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Speaking of Cynthia Rothrock, Phoenix/Cargo are putting out The Blonde Fury aka  Lady Reporter aka Righting Wrongs 2 out on an English friendly dvd with a release date of Jan 14 next year.

I have the Deltamac dvd and I just looked up a used copy on Amazon marketplace and it's selling for $499.99. :shaking

Screenshot_2021-12-09 ROTHROCK, CYNTHIA BORN TO FIGHT 1 Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

I've never seen this movie but I've always wanted to. I feel like it's not going to get a Blu Ray release anytime soon so I might have to pick up this DVD.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I've never seen this movie but I've always wanted to. I feel like it's not going to get a Blu Ray release anytime soon so I might have to pick up this DVD.

Yes there was also the Deltamac dvd of the Blonde fury on EBay.com about a month ago the guy wanted $40 Ono may have been even Cheaper can’t 100% remember plus ship. I sadly turned the chance down to buy it as I’m from the UK didn’t want to pay  import fees on top of shipping etc 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Yes there was also the Deltamac dvd of the Blonde fury on EBay.com about a month ago the guy wanted $40 Ono may have been even Cheaper can’t 100% remember plus ship. I sadly turned the chance down to buy it as I’m from the UK didn’t want to pay  import fees on top of shipping etc 

Being in the US, the shipping ended up being more than the DVD but hey, I don't mind splurging on a movie like this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Blazing Temple DVD coming in February- listed as 2:35:1, english and mandarin audio options

blazing.jpg

And what is the bonus film ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Graysman said:

I would just as soon get the Akuma custom with both Cantonese and English dual audio than shell out $40 for it.

• Like 3

As they already put dubbed  "10 brothers" into disc with cantonen iron kung fu, hopefully now it`s mandarin language version  with subs. Tho won`t bet on that..

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 4:49 AM, Yihetuan said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this already but Cargo is releasing another John Liu film, Fighting Ace. This one is English friendly with the dub. I know Inked Pictures released this a few years back with different cover variations. Comes with a bonus film, Death Duel of Kung Fu but don't believe that will be English friendly. Street date of December 3rd.

Screenshot_2021-10-25 John Liu -Vollstrecker Der Shaolin -MR BANKER FILMS CARGO DVD Grooves land Playthek.jpg

Looks like delayed until January

• Like 4

I got Militant Eagle mediabook blu ray. transfer is ok though i think i noticed some slight frame skips towards the end.Think this is the same print that's been on Amazon. English dub option, no original audio. Don't mind this movie but again,way too pricey for what it is.

• Like 2

How many of those English-friendly Eastern Grindhouse Double-Feature Blus have been released? I have two but would love to get more if there are any!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

How many of those English-friendly Eastern Grindhouse Double-Feature Blus have been released? I have two but would love to get more if there are any!

Just the two so far

• Like 2

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Just the two so far

Thanks for the info. Hopefully there will be more. I mean, they’re pretty low-rent but still quite entertaining for what they are. John Chang in Snake In The Monkey’s Shadow. That sounds vaguely familiar…hmmmmmmmmmm…

• Like 2

The Barry Prima movie, The Warrior and the Ninja is getting an English friendly mediabook (remastered 2K BD + DVD) release slated for a Feb 22 street date.

Screenshot_2021-12-21 LIMITED MEDIABOOK THE WARRIOR AND THE NINJA - COVER A [BLU-RAY DVD] Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

Screenshot_2021-12-21 LIMITED MEDIABOOK THE WARRIOR AND THE NINJA - COVER B [BLU-RAY DVD] Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

15 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

The Barry Prima movie, The Warrior and the Ninja is getting an English friendly mediabook (remastered 2K BD + DVD) release slated for a Feb 22 street date.

Screenshot_2021-12-21 LIMITED MEDIABOOK THE WARRIOR AND THE NINJA - COVER A [BLU-RAY DVD] Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

Screenshot_2021-12-21 LIMITED MEDIABOOK THE WARRIOR AND THE NINJA - COVER B [BLU-RAY DVD] Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

My early New years resolution is not to pay mad prices for these mediabooks unless the movie is a classic must have

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

8 hours ago, saltysam said:

My early New years resolution is not to pay mad prices for these mediabooks unless the movie is a classic must have

I give it about a week before you cave in and buy this. :BL-IDontKnow:

For any members who can spreche deutsche, Nando and Mirko from TVP started a podcast discussing the top 5 Shaw Brothers.

https://anchor.fm/tvp4/episodes/Episode-1---Die-Top-5-der-Shaw-Brothers-e1c0rlr?fbclid=IwAR2Jm8AO4_DLPYZ742Q4PK1ojiXCIQPiFdNvjtBDQW8wV335G60TDM_EvFI

• Like 3

On 12/22/2021 at 2:12 AM, Yihetuan said:

Holy smokes!Will be pre-ordered. Action is not that great but there is some cool villains around.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

This is kinda embarrassing but I can't even find this release on German Amazon. Does anyone know where this might be available at?

killer constable.jpg

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
On 12/22/2021 at 12:12 AM, Yihetuan said:

@BillyLolook at this!!!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wmcguire18 said:

This is kinda embarrassing but I can't even find this release on German Amazon. Does anyone know where this might be available at?

killer constable.jpg

think it's OOP now. Maybe Ebay. It's not english-friendly either,if that bothers you.

• Like 1