Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

sifu iron perm
54 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I think people should buy legit releases when they can, but you have to show some effort on these as well, beyond a nicely printed box and bluray disc. I mean mine was $10. It's not the greatest Bruce Li movie, that's for sure.

Is it aka real game of death (King of kung fu intro song)? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

As a Bruce Li fiend, i had to have this one.I imagine it will come out in a standard edition when the 1000 copies sell out.

Is it the one with Chang Yi in which plays Betty Chen as Ting Pei, who has a tape about the reasons of Bruce's death ?

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 4:29 AM, Yihetuan said:

Anyone know what's the difference between the single disc and two disc version of Ninja Hunter aka Wu Tang vs Ninja besides the hartbox? Both are uncut and have the English dub.

Screenshot_2021-10-13 Alexander Lou -Ninja Hunter -Imperial Pictures Cargo DVD Grooves land Playthek.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-13 Limited Hartbox Edition -NINJA HUNTER (2 Disc Set) -Retrofilm Cargo DVD Grooves land Playthek.jpg

I just watched this, never seen the film before. It's a single disc and offers a choice of aspect ratio to view in, 1:66:1 or 2:35:1. The print is soft and a bit blurry,i noticed a couple of tracking lines so suspect this is a VHS transfer. However i have seen a lot worse. German or english dub.

• Like 4

Just watched the new German Blu/DVD Combo mediabook of Shaolin Vs Ninja.  True HD , print looks ok, a bit dark but that's likely inherent in the original source. An annoying green line appears a couple of times, in one instant during the end fight. Extras are another version of the film, choice of 2 English dubs and a trailer.

• Like 7

The next release in the Asia Line series #45 is the Taiwanese comedy actioner, The Hot Pursuit. So far it lists Chinese and German audio with widescreen aspect ratio but no other details. We'll have to wait to see if English audio or subs pop up.

Screenshot_2021-11-10 Unser Programm - Schröder Media.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

On 11/7/2021 at 6:04 AM, saltysam said:

I just watched this, never seen the film before. It's a single disc and offers a choice of aspect ratio to view in, 1:66:1 or 2:35:1. The print is soft and a bit blurry,i noticed a couple of tracking lines so suspect this is a VHS transfer. However i have seen a lot worse. German or english dub.

ok, I ended up buying the two disc version and the difference between this and the single disc is the 2 disc hartbox includes a bonus movie that's on a separate dvd (marked disc 2 with a sharpie). The bonus movie is the IFD movie, Ninja Hunt. Most of the footage is taken from the 1983 Taiwanese crime drama, Wrong Step with the usual Richard Harrison ninja footage added in. It's 1:33 aspect ratio with German and English audio. The Retro Video hartbox looks pretty cool with the faded cover art replicating a well worn VHS tape and I appreciated that whoever packed it put in foam peanuts to keep the discs from falling out during shipping and then sealed it with shrinkwrap. A nice touch.

• Like 4

On 11/13/2021 at 4:17 AM, Yihetuan said:

ok, I ended up buying the two disc version and the difference between this and the single disc is the 2 disc hartbox includes a bonus movie that's on a separate dvd (marked disc 2 with a sharpie). The bonus movie is the IFD movie, Ninja Hunt. Most of the footage is taken from the 1983 Taiwanese crime drama, Wrong Step with the usual Richard Harrison ninja footage added in. It's 1:33 aspect ratio with German and English audio. The Retro Video hartbox looks pretty cool with the faded cover art replicating a well worn VHS tape and I appreciated that whoever packed it put in foam peanuts to keep the discs from falling out during shipping and then sealed it with shrinkwrap. A nice touch.

Would you say this is the best available release of Ninja Hunter at the moment?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Would you say this is the best available release of Ninja Hunter at the moment?

There's a Japanese print out there that I have not compared it with...so I can't definitely say but @bigrogie has a copy of that Japanese print for sale, so one day I'll get around to picking it up and see for myself.

• Like 3

Imperial/Cargo Records is releasing The Legend of Wisely (Die 7. Macht) on dvd with a street release date of Dec 3. This already had a release earlier this year in a limited edition of 500 copies with two different covers and it was English friendly with both the English dub and Cantonese audio with English subs. I suspect this will have the same audio options.

Screenshot_2021-11-29 HUI, SAM THE LEGEND OF THE GOLDEN PEARL - DIE 7 MACHT Katalog - Artikeldetail.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 5:52 AM, Yihetuan said:

The next release in the Asia Line series #45 is the Taiwanese comedy actioner, The Hot Pursuit. So far it lists Chinese and German audio with widescreen aspect ratio but no other details. We'll have to wait to see if English audio or subs pop up.

Screenshot_2021-11-10 Unser Programm - Schröder Media.png

A funny movie I reviewed a long while ago. It will be a good thing to watch it on this new release. When will it comme out ?

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

A funny movie I reviewed a long while ago. It will be a good thing to watch it on this new release. When will it comme out ?

What is the bonus film (Legend of the Tiger Claws?).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

What is the bonus film (Legend of the Tiger Claws?).

That's a good question ! Maybe Tiger's claw with Cliff Lok and Shih Kien , 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Street date listed as Jan 13, 2022.

• Like 3

Phoenix Distribution/Cargo Records is releasing Born to Fight 2 aka Angel's Mission starring Yukari Oshima (Cynthia Luster). It's listed as English friendly and has a release date of Dec 10.

474507-000.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Phoenix Distribution/Cargo Records is releasing Born to Fight 2 aka Angel's Mission starring Yukari Oshima (Cynthia Luster). It's listed as English friendly and has a release date of Dec 10.

474507-000.jpg

China o brien 2 cover art poster!!! 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

474507-000.jpg

is this remastered?

• Like 1

well going from a 144p VHS copy to an HD copy would be quite the leap in quality I would say

And yes a 144p VHS copy is the absolute best version of this movie available anywhere right now, outside of an authentic 35 mm print of course (are there even any of those lying around?)

Exciting!

• Like 1