Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

17 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

managed to grab this..

MACHT DER SHAOLIN, DIE (Blu-Ray+DVD) - Cover D - Mediabook - Limited 77 Edition

After some googling I see that this is a late Shaw Bros. entry titled MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN (1986), which I’ve never heard of but according to reviews I read online is excellent—does this have English subs or dub? Any chance of it being released by Arrow or 88?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

After some googling I see that this is a late Shaw Bros. entry titled MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN (1986), which I’ve never heard of but according to reviews I read online is excellent—does this have English subs or dub? Any chance of it being released by Arrow or 88?

Yes, it has English subs with both Mandarin & Cantonese audio options.

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Canto, German and English dub. It was released on Eastern Heroes label as shaolin temple 3 aka martial arts of shaolin. Great movie. Directed by the late great lau kar leaung aka pops. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

Canto, German and English dub. It was released on Eastern Heroes label as shaolin temple 3 aka martial arts of shaolin. Great movie. Directed by the late great lau kar leaung aka pops. 

Yes, I forgot to mention about the English dub.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Die-Macht-der-Shaolin-Blu-ray/294992/

The SD version on the dvd is the Japanese cut that was released by Paramount on blu ray a few years back right?

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Martial-Arts-of-Shaolin-Blu-ray/81772/

• Like 4

14 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Might you be able to provide a link to purchase?

🙏🏻🤓🙏🏻

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

It's getting what i hope is a cheaper keepcase release soon. i'm waiting for that, these german mediabooks coupled with eureka/88 films are bankrupting an old man when he should be saving for retirement :tongueout

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

TheFlyingPanda

Has it been confirmed if Ninja vs. Shaolin (Die größte Schlacht der Ninja) will possibly have English audio or Subs ? Like Militant Eagle, I have it at bay hoping it dose. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

Has it been confirmed if Ninja vs. Shaolin (Die größte Schlacht der Ninja) will possibly have English audio or Subs ? Like Militant Eagle, I have it at bay hoping it dose. 

I already pre-ordered Militant Eagle but it's not expected to ship until late October. I'll post the results as soon as I get it. The preliminary info doesn't look promising but you never know with these releases. Sometimes you just roll the dice.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I already pre-ordered Militant Eagle but it's not expected to ship until late October. I'll post the results as soon as I get it. The preliminary info doesn't look promising but you never know with these releases. Sometimes you just roll the dice.

Guessing it'll be the same HD print that showed up on Amazon Prime.

• Like 4

On 9/14/2021 at 7:46 PM, TheFlyingPanda said:

2 English Dubs. Filmark classic voices dub, and a terrible dub from god knows where, totally super awfully voiced and badly out of synch, could call it a "voice over dub", really. (on par with the worst Ocean Shores video dubs)

• Like 7

TheFlyingPanda
On 9/15/2021 at 10:56 PM, spannick said:

2 English Dubs. Filmark classic voices dub, and a terrible dub from god knows where, totally super awfully voiced and badly out of synch, could call it a "voice over dub", really. (on par with the worst Ocean Shores video dubs)

Thanks! Definitely won't be listening to that dub. 

• Like 2

TheFlyingPanda

Did I miss something? or why is "Der Gorilla mit der stählernen Klaue" (Scorching Sun, Fierce Wind, Wild Fire ) or "Any Which Way You Punch" (with Angela Mao, Lo Lieh, Tan Tao Liang and Chang Yi) titled Kung Fu Zombie, when there is no Zombies in the film? There is also no Gorillas. 

I'm wondering if it's an error from Cargo Records or Bad choice in name? The media book comes with a Blu-ray and DVD, the remastering is not so remastered... looks washed up and black levels or contrast not adjusted properly, almost milky, not much stepping up above a DVD master. Definitely not worth the price, I guess it wasn't scanned properly, but its acceptable viewing on a 43" TV or smaller, but not looking well on a 65" TV. There is Mandarin audio with Germen subs only or none and the English Dub.

The Mediabook cover looks great as always, but that title just throws it off. 

285933_front.jpg

ScorchingSunFierceWindsandWildFire+1977-43-b.jpg

• Like 2

"KUNG FU ZOMBIE" - Der Gorilla mit der stählernen Klaue. Yes this is one of the stupid german titels they made back in the days when Zombies where popular in cinema. At the beginning of the 80's also many older movies where re- released in germany with Zombie in the titel as the german drama "Die Totenschmecker" in  "Der Irre vom Zombiehof" ( english:  "The Deatheater" in "The Madman of the Zombie Farm" .... lol.). And there are more examples like "Shock Waves" wich was renamed in "Zombies - Die aus der Tiefe kamen" - "Zombie 5" - "Shock Waves - Die Schreckensmacht der Zombies".....  This was a common practise to get the money from the cinemagoer who expected a new Zombie movie and got instead something totally different. I can remember when i saw in 1980 the poster of "Scorching Sun, Fierce Wind, Wild Fire" in a upcoming display cabinet in a german cinema i was so excited with my 13 years - Kung Fu and Zombies - this must be the ultimate experience. Years later when i saw the movie the first time from a german vhs i was so disappointed - no Zombies !!! But as a lover of Kung Fu movies i liked it.

• Like 5

I never saw anything posted about this release of Lady Kung Fu unless i missed it? Anyone pick this up and how's the quality? It's listed as English friendly.

81n8WdkrqfL._SL1500_.jpg

71nwOhyX40S._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 5

Anything posted about this limited edition "uncut" version of the Indonesian Bruceploitation Deadly Duel aka Steel Fisted Dragon? I believe this includes both the R-rated US cut and the version with 4 extra minutes from the German VHS release. It has the English dub.

00145957.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I never saw anything posted about this release of Lady Kung Fu unless i missed it? Anyone pick this up and how's the quality? It's listed as English friendly.

81n8WdkrqfL._SL1500_.jpg

71nwOhyX40S._SL1500_.jpg

This is the German release for Undaunted Wutang, not Lady Kung Fu as one of the various Angela Mao's titles.

I saw this movie in 2009 in Spanish language, my first kung fu movie in this language and it was so strange to see this Asian people all speaking Spanish...::))

It's not a bad movie, if you want to try it.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

This is the German release for Undaunted Wutang, not Lady Kung Fu as one of the various Angela Mao's titles.

I saw this movie in 2009 in Spanish language, my first kung fu movie in this language and it was so strange to see this Asian people all speaking Spanish...::))

It was released in Germany as Lady Kung Fu. But obviously not the more famous Angela Mao movie.

lady kung fu.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

81n8WdkrqfL._SL1500_.jpg

71nwOhyX40S._SL1500_.jpg

10 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Would be great if anyone could confirm this release really having English subs. If so, I'm ordering, I'm not aware of a better release.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Would be great if anyone could confirm this release really having English subs. If so, I'm ordering, I'm not aware of a better release.

yeah it has optional English Subs. But beware, all other German DVDs before do not have any subs. How well translated, no idea. I never bothered to watch it with them, i just tried them out a bit. (dont have the DVD here anymore)

• Like 5

On 9/23/2021 at 1:50 PM, TheFlyingPanda said:

Did I miss something? or why is "Der Gorilla mit der stählernen Klaue" (Scorching Sun, Fierce Wind, Wild Fire ) or "Any Which Way You Punch" (with Angela Mao, Lo Lieh, Tan Tao Liang and Chang Yi) titled Kung Fu Zombie, when there is no Zombies in the film? There is also no Gorillas. 

I'm wondering if it's an error from Cargo Records or Bad choice in name? The media book comes with a Blu-ray and DVD, the remastering is not so remastered... looks washed up and black levels or contrast not adjusted properly, almost milky, not much stepping up above a DVD master. Definitely not worth the price, I guess it wasn't scanned properly, but its acceptable viewing on a 43" TV or smaller, but not looking well on a 65" TV. There is Mandarin audio with Germen subs only or none and the English Dub.

The Mediabook cover looks great as always, but that title just throws it off. 

285933_front.jpg

ScorchingSunFierceWindsandWildFire+1977-43-b.jpg

This should definitely have a disclaimer as a "do not buy" especially at the price they are charging for the mediabook. I agree about the picture. it's one of the worst restored blu rays I've seen in terms of contrast or lack thereof. If anyone has the old Crash Cinema dvd than don't bother to upgrade to this crap.

• Like 4