Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 8/21/2021 at 1:35 PM, Yihetuan said:

The comedy version is the German VHS version titled Lach-Fu Die Kung-Fu Academy which runs 87 mins. I have no idea why this is called the "comedy" fassung as there doesn't seem to much comedy even in this edited cut?

Did you watch this edit with dub? I read they tampered with the original meaning of the dialogues, making the old German dub "funny". I have not heard it myself. 

dtm.at also has this cover D of MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN. They do not offer cover C (anymore).

https://shop.dtm.at/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=macht+der+shaolin&x=0&y=0

MACHT DER SHAOLIN, DIE (Blu-Ray+DVD) - Cover D - Mediabook - Limited 77 Edition

Found cover C on ebay. Some covers are limited to just 77 units, prices for these skyrocket. 

Bild 1 - Die Macht Der Shaolin Mediabook Cover C Limitiert 13/77 Blu-ray/DVD FSK 16 NEU

Edited by Chu Liu Hsiang
  • Like 5

@Chu Liu Hsiang & @ShawAngela, thank you for alternate covers. I really like those alternate covers better then the one I ordered. but like you mentioned some of the popular ones are long gone or priced too high for me. 

Yes, I'lI have to watch the whole thing with the dub to get the comedy effect.

On 8/14/2021 at 7:35 PM, wmcguire18 said:

Is the missing minute in the Dragon Dynasty DVD release?

No, the DD release is cut. If you want to see the missing footage, here it is on YT:

• Like 6

Chu Liu Hsiang

Upcoming DVD release of THE LEGEND OF WISELY (German title DIE 7. MACHT) by Cargo Records in November. Specs: German, English, Cantonese dubs; English subs. There will be several covers.

Die 7. Macht - Cover A (streng limitiert auf 500 Stück)

Die 7. Macht - Cover B (streng limitiert auf 500 Stück)The Legend of the Golden Pearl - "Die 7. Macht" - UNCUT remastered Fassung

• Like 5

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, wmcguire18 said:

Does anyone know if the German blu release of KILLER CLANS has English subs? I can't tell from amazon.de

It does not as far as I recall.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 5:13 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Upcoming DVD release of THE LEGEND OF WISELY (German title DIE 7. MACHT) by Cargo Records in November. Specs: German, English, Cantonese dubs; English subs. There will be several covers.

Die 7. Macht - Cover A (streng limitiert auf 500 Stück)

Die 7. Macht - Cover B (streng limitiert auf 500 Stück)The Legend of the Golden Pearl - "Die 7. Macht" - UNCUT remastered Fassung

I have the Joy Sales dvd but never upgraded to the HK blu ray that came out a decade ago. I believe it is now OOP but still easy to find on the used market. Anyone here have that blu ray?

20 hours ago, wmcguire18 said:

Does anyone know if the German blu release of KILLER CLANS has English subs? I can't tell from amazon.de

I'm pretty sure even if it did have English subs, you wouldn't want to buy it because I heard it was badly marred with frame cuts and missing a huge chunk of the film.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I'm pretty sure even if it did have English subs, you wouldn't want to buy it because I heard it was badly marred with frame cuts and missing a huge chunk of the film.

I wish there was some kind of repository to look up info on the German Shaw releases because it is overwhelming.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, wmcguire18 said:

I wish there was some kind of repository to look up info on the German Shaw releases because it is overwhelming.

There is. Need to know a little German, but it's not rocket science and easy to navigate.

https://ssl.ofdb.de/view.php?page=start

I put Killer Clans in the search bar, scrolled down to releases, clicked the Blu you were inquiring about. By "untertitel" which is subtitles, it said "keine" which means none.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I have the Joy Sales dvd but never upgraded to the HK blu ray that came out a decade ago. I believe it is now OOP but still easy to find on the used market. Anyone here have that blu ray?

I used to have the HK blu-ray for THE LEGEND OF WISELY. Real HD transfer, but heavily filtered. Just be careful as I believe this is one of many HK blu-rays that was at risk of bronzing, which would eventually make the disc unplayable.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 8/22/2021 at 3:17 AM, Yihetuan said:

@Chu Liu Hsiang & @ShawAngela, thank you for alternate covers. I really like those alternate covers better then the one I ordered. but like you mentioned some of the popular ones are long gone or priced too high for me. 

Yes, I'lI have to watch the whole thing with the dub to get the comedy effect.

No, the DD release is cut. If you want to see the missing footage, here it is on YT:

Does anyone know the reason why they did this?

I will definitely use avidemux and insert this part into my dvd

• Like 1

I’ve never heard of CITY NINJA but this clip I found looks nuts and the dub is hilarious — how’s the entertainment factor of the film as a whole? If it’s got a lot of this sort of shenanigans I’m in!

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

I’ve never heard of CITY NINJA but this clip I found looks nuts and the dub is hilarious — how’s the entertainment factor of the film as a whole? If it’s got a lot of this sort of shenanigans I’m in!

Never seen it tbh. Specs also say it's 1:33:1 which would be crap, also has a bonus movie,Ninja Force

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:30 AM, saltysam said:

Never seen it tbh. Specs also say it's 1:33:1 which would be crap, also has a bonus movie,Ninja Force

This movie sounded really familiar, so I checked my movie list and I do have it. It came as part of a 10 movie (2 disc) set from Mill Creek called Ninja Assassins 10 pack. I just have to dig out from storage and take a look at the quality but it seems to be a crap pan and scan VHS transfer from the comments. I doubt this German release will be any improvement.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 9/4/2021 at 3:25 AM, WaverBoy said:

On 9/4/2021 at 3:30 AM, saltysam said:

You can't go wrong with 'City Ninja' - sex scenes, fight scenes, more sex scenes, more fight scenes, and random gweilo ninjas. I gave it the full review treatment over at COF back in 2017 - 

https://cityonfire.com/city-ninja-aka-ninja-holocaust-1985-review-rockys-love-affairs-hwa-yi/

• Like 3

Coming from Cargo records ,specs say english audio option and anamorphic widescreen.please let this be a decent transfer,a historical epic of great importance in the genre.

BRUCE1.jpg

bruce.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Coming from Cargo records ,specs say english audio option and anamorphic widescreen.please let this be a decent transfer,a historical epic of great importance in the genre.

BRUCE1.jpg

bruce.jpg

Does it mention anything about including both versions? Do you think it will be an upgrade over the UK Soulblade 2 disc release PQ wise?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Does it mention anything about including both versions? Do you think it will be an upgrade over the UK Soulblade 2 disc release PQ wise?

Only specs i can find states it has german and english audio. I think the previous german release only had german. I really hope it's a better print than the soulblade, initial release date was 24th September,it's been pushed back to October so hopefully they are not just slapping an old release on disc. Both versions limted to 500 each.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, saltysam said:

Only specs i can find states it has german and english audio. I think the previous german release only had german. I really hope it's a better print than the soulblade, initial release date was 24th September,it's been pushed back to October so hopefully they are not just slapping an old release on disc. Both versions limted to 500 each.

I guess one of us will have to bite the bullet and find out first hand.

• Like 2