Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

OpiumKungFuCracker
12 hours ago, saltysam said:

Pretty sure this is Project S, not Supercop or Police Story 3. I certainly hope so,my copy is on the way.

Oh it's the sequel to Supercop? I never even knew it existed? Is Jackie in this a lot or is he doing like a cameo thing here? 

• Like 2

actionfan93
35 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Oh it's the sequel to Supercop? I never even knew it existed? Is Jackie in this a lot or is he doing like a cameo thing here? 

cameo and not his best role its Michelle Yeoh who is the star though fellow girls with guns star Yukari Oshima makes a small appearance

• Like 3

Just watched the New german DVD of Project S entitled Mega Cop and i'm pleased to report this is easily the best version i've come across. Admittedly i've only ever had the USA Dimension and the appalling quality UK DVD's. Despite what Amazon say it doesn't have an english dub, it has cantonese with optional english subtitles and is Anamorphic. Runs 97:32 .

• Like 9

8 hours ago, saltysam said:

Just watched the New german DVD of Project S entitled Mega Cop and i'm pleased to report this is easily the best version i've come across. Admittedly i've only ever had the USA Dimension and the appalling quality UK DVD's. Despite what Amazon say it doesn't have an english dub, it has cantonese with optional english subtitles and is Anamorphic. Runs 97:32 .

I'm sold. Thanks for the info re: print quality and audio options. Placed my order at Grooves.

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 6/25/2021 at 9:21 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Mega Cop? It was fine being called Super Cop or Police Story 3. Stop changing the godman titles to movies. Stick to the one title, is it really that hard? 

@OpiumKungFuCracker, brother, it's even worse than you think.

MEGA COP isn't the re-titling of POLICE STORY 3 (aka. POLICE STORY 3: SUPERCOP, aka. SUPERCOP), it's the re-titling of PROJECT S, which is a spin-off/sequel to POLICE STORY 3! And as if that wasn't confusing enough, PROJECT S is also known as (ready?) SUPERCOP 2, ONCE A COP, and even POLICE STORY 4! Oh yeah, and now MEGA COP. :tongue:

• Like 9

On 2/12/2021 at 8:05 PM, Yihetuan said:

I just went ahead and pre-ordered all 3 titles from Grooves. I sure hope Any Which Way You Punch has English subs! I'll bite the bullet for you guys. Guess this is how I'll be spending my third stimulus check. :BL-OK:

I totally forgot about this post. I received this German mediabook a while back and unfortunately, it does not have English subs but it does include English audio. So I watched it with the dub.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

sifu iron perm

title of the shaw bros release on german dvd.. girls/guns /70's? It has a wewstern cast?

its oop now?

• Like 2

ShawAngela

Die todliche engels, aka Deadly angels, if I'm not mistaken. 

There was a few blus and dvds on ebay until recently, I don't know if they are still available.

I don't remember if there is some western actors, maybe one or two, but I'm not sure.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

FightingFool
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

There was a few blus and dvds on ebay until recently, I don't know if they are still available.

I don't remember if there is some western actors, maybe one or two, but I'm not sure.

It has Evelyne Kraft. Disc is still available "regularly" from d&t shop and at times on amazon.de

• Like 2

ShawAngela
3 hours ago, FightingFool said:

It has Evelyne Kraft. Disc is still available "regularly" from d&t shop and at times on amazon.de

Oh, yes, how Could I Forget Evelyn Kraft !!

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

According to their fb, CONVICT KILLER will be up for pre-order next week. English subtitles were confirmed in a former post. 

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von 2 Personen und Text

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

The same company that did Mega Cop (thanks for pointing this out)(Cargo records dvd/ Phoenix Distribution) apparently did a series called Born to Fight 1- 6, some with Yukari Oshima. I can’t find the specs so, does anyone know if these have Cantonese audio with English subtitles like Mega Cop?

And which movies are this? I’m confused….

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
33 minutes ago, Poelie said:

The same company that did Mega Cop (thanks for pointing this out)(Cargo records dvd/ Phoenix Distribution) apparently did a series called Born to Fight 1- 6, some with Yukari Oshima. I can’t find the specs so, does anyone know if these have Cantonese audio with English subtitles like Mega Cop?

And which movies are this? I’m confused….

I came across these too. I was reluctant to buy since I have no idea what films they are.

• Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

I found these specs in the German movie databank, I cannot guarantee for correctness but usually they are reliable.

BORN TO FIGHT = BLONDE FURY, German DVD Splendid, German dub

BTF 2 = ANGEL MISSION, no German DVD release

BTF3 = THAT'S MONEY, German DVD Cargo/ Phoenix, Cantonese and German, subs English

BTF4 = OUTLAW BROTHERS, German DVD Cargo/ Phoenix, Cantonese, English, and German, no subs

BTF5 = FINAL RUN, German DVD  Cargo/ Phoenix, German and English, no subs

BTF6 = MADAM CITY HUNTER, German DVD Cargo/ Phoenix, Cantonese, German, and English, subs English

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ShawAngela
8 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

According to their fb, CONVICT KILLER will be up for pre-order next week. English subtitles were confirmed in a former post. 

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von 2 Personen und Text

Youhouou!! Superb cover, I love it !

• Like 5

ShawAngela
On 7/1/2021 at 1:17 PM, ShawAngela said:

Sorry, I made a mistake in the German title for Deadly Angels.

The right one is "Die todesengel des kung fu", if I read well.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm
On 7/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, ShawAngela said:

You are a star!!

• Like 2

Looks like TVP are re-releasing New One Armed Swordsman yet again on blu ray. Apparently, they fixed the frame cuts that ruined the original release. The first one was English friendly, so I don't see any reason this re-release will not be as well. It's coming up after The Golden Mask blu ray.

Screenshot_2021-07-10 (2) TVP - The Vengeance Pack Facebook.png

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

For those who missed out the first time, this is back!!!!. https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Sammo-Hung/dp/B08L4GMR3L/ref=sr_1_1?crid=T8ER5YCWOR7R&dchild=1&keywords=enter+the+fat+dragon+blu+ray&qid=1626213801&sprefix=enter+the+f%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

About a week or so it was on Amazon UK sold by CARGO Records DVD for £19.72 + £3.94 postage but it sold out very fast!!! at that price.

Enter The Fat Dragon.jpg

Enter The Fat Dragon 2.jpg

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Kwok Choi said:

For those who missed out the first time, this is back!!!!. https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Sammo-Hung/dp/B08L4GMR3L/ref=sr_1_1?crid=T8ER5YCWOR7R&dchild=1&keywords=enter+the+fat+dragon+blu+ray&qid=1626213801&sprefix=enter+the+f%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

About a week or so it was on Amazon UK sold by CARGO Records DVD for £19.72 + £3.94 postage but it sold out very fast!!! at that price.

Enter The Fat Dragon.jpg

Enter The Fat Dragon 2.jpg

It's also available on jpc.de, and since it's not an FSK18 release, they ship worldwide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

It's also available on jpc.de, and since it's not an FSK18 release, they ship worldwide.

Isn't that such a dumb restriction?

• Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

SUPERMEN AGAINST THE AMAZONS was released in April, listed as uncut (100:33 with end credits, 99:06 w/o end credits), with German, English, Italian language and German as well as Italian Subs. 

Sie hauen alle in die Pfanne Sie hauen alle in die Pfanne

Not to sound judgemental but to think this is available on Blu while so many classics are not ... *le sigh*

• Like 1

For someone with a very small collection of 4 German Shaw Brothers blus, I must say the releases come so quickly and from so many companies that it is difficult to keep them all straight. It's really wonderful, even if I think at some point I'm going to have to print off labels because I won't be able to keep all the German titles straight in my head.

• Like 4