Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Also from  Mr. Banker Films (MIG Film) / Cargo Records comes "Asia Cosa Nostra" ( Taiwan 1973)  on Blu Ray on 2021.06.18. With cantonese and german dub. Here too no information if there are english subs. You can find it on Amazon or german OFDB : Kung Fu - im Trommelfeuer seiner Fäuste [Blu-ray & DVD] [Limited Mediabook] .

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU
3 hours ago, kuenfist said:

First i was thinking the same. But after i asked somebody who knows about movie rights it seems if you have the connection in Hong Kong it is very easy and not so expensive to buy rights for a particular country. If you are not buying Shaw or Golden Harvest titels you can get it as far as there is still a owner for the rights. But with thoses old fu movies there is often no more rights holder. It is like public domain. As far as i know for Enter and Angels he bought the rights. The Angels Blu Ray where done with a Celestial Master. The master was in bad shape and cut and not so expensive. The movie was reconstructed and remastered by the distributor of the Blu Ray. Sometimes there are still rights holder for the german market. So rights can be bought only for distribution here in germany. That is the way it goes.

It depends I guess. Cathay would not even discuss it. I think you have to have some direct connections, etc. Also, on the flip side, I imagine some people are more interested in film then others. From what I heard in Cathay's case is that they morphed into Commercial real estate, so I imagine talking to someone about a $2000 film license wasn't worth their time when they could be leasing $200,000,000 buildings. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kuenfist said:

Kung-Fu-im-Trommelfeuer-seiner-Faeuste-B

Another Chris Mitchum classic! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This guy’s Indonesian action movies are some of the most hilarious trash I’ve ever seen ❤️🙏🏻❤️

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
On 2/10/2021 at 11:14 AM, kuenfist said:

Hello Scorching Sun, Fierce Winds, Wild Fire will be released in Germany on Blu Ray. Release date is expected 2021-05-28 .On a german site for special editions Blu Ray they wrote it comes with cantonese and german dub limited 1000 copies. Nothing about subs.

8 hours ago, kuenfist said:

Also from  Mr. Banker Films (MIG Film) / Cargo Records comes "Asia Cosa Nostra" ( Taiwan 1973)  on Blu Ray on 2021.06.18. With cantonese and german dub. Here too no information if there are english subs.

Guys just a friendly reminder, please refrain from posting in this thread until you confirm they’re English friendly releases. If you’re not sure or the full specs haven’t been released yet, wait until they are, the thread is specifically for English friendly German releases.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, kuenfist said:

First i was thinking the same. But after i asked somebody who knows about movie rights it seems if you have the connection in Hong Kong it is very easy and not so expensive to buy rights for a particular country. If you are not buying Shaw or Golden Harvest titels you can get it as far as there is still a owner for the rights. But with thoses old fu movies there is often no more rights holder. It is like public domain. As far as i know for Enter and Angels he bought the rights. The Angels Blu Ray where done with a Celestial Master. The master was in bad shape and cut and not so expensive. The movie was reconstructed and remastered by the distributor of the Blu Ray. Sometimes there are still rights holder for the german market. So rights can be bought only for distribution here in germany. That is the way it goes.

Interesting. The person I spoke to (who works for a pretty popular distributor) says there was no change they would have gotten the rights to Enter the Fat Dragon because of Warner owning it. They said the only way to put a copy of that movie out is to bootleg it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1

NoKUNGFUforYU
7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Another Chris Mitchum classic! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This guy’s Indonesian action movies are some of the most hilarious trash I’ve ever seen ❤️🙏🏻❤️

He actually did an article for the old Fighting Stars magazine. Believe it or not, a ton of LA Karate guys all thought they would be movie stars and Ohara publications indulged that. The magazine was awful, really, as it focused on American actors who had yellow belts, or whatever and almost no information regarding Hong Kong or Taiwanese actors or productions. One of the bigger splashes at the time was Man With The Golden Gun, which was heavily promoted as Bond doing Kung Fu. Anyway, it folded. 

Chris Mitchum's article from somewhere else is here. He doesn't sound very modest, but anyway, here goes-

https://jeremylr.medium.com/kung-fu-stunts-and-red-state-politics-with-chris-mitchum-670301358975

• Like 4

On 2/11/2021 at 4:21 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

He actually did an article for the old Fighting Stars magazine. Believe it or not, a ton of LA Karate guys all thought they would be movie stars and Ohara publications indulged that. The magazine was awful, really, as it focused on American actors who had yellow belts, or whatever and almost no information regarding Hong Kong or Taiwanese actors or productions. One of the bigger splashes at the time was Man With The Golden Gun, which was heavily promoted as Bond doing Kung Fu. Anyway, it folded. 

Chris Mitchum's article from somewhere else is here. He doesn't sound very modest, but anyway, here goes-

https://jeremylr.medium.com/kung-fu-stunts-and-red-state-politics-with-chris-mitchum-670301358975

I like Fighting Stars Mag- it makes me feel very nostalgic. Bought a job lot of 10 issues last year. Now i need to find a set of Martial Arts Movies magazine.

• Like 3

I remember to have seen Asia Cosa Nostra as a teenager on the big screen. I don' t remember if I enjoyed it at that time, nor do I remember a single line of the plot...Maybe I'll pick this release to remember the good old times...

The only other Chris Mitchum's I have is H Bomb that I bought years ago from Yesasia and I enjoyed it.

• Like 3

I just went ahead and pre-ordered all 3 titles from Grooves. I sure hope Any Which Way You Punch has English subs! I'll bite the bullet for you guys. Guess this is how I'll be spending my third stimulus check. :BL-OK:

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 2/12/2021 at 8:05 PM, Yihetuan said:

I just went ahead and pre-ordered all 3 titles from Grooves. I sure hope Any Which Way You Punch has English subs! I'll bite the bullet for you guys. Guess this is how I'll be spending my third stimulus check. :BL-OK:

If not, I will provide the subs bro!

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I can confirm the Asia Line DVD of Incredible Kung Fu Mission has the english dub. Same wide print that's been around however this one is Anamorphic. Be great if the original audio to this surfaced,would make for a nice custom.

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
11 hours ago, saltysam said:

I can confirm the Asia Line DVD of Incredible Kung Fu Mission has the english dub. 

I personally have a real hard time sitting through that dub, but I'll get the DVD regardless. Though I'll probably go for the German dub instead.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 1

Asia Line Vol 40 in May- Slaughter In San Francisco- listing says german, english and mandarin but would be surprised if any english subs. likely the same print as the UK DVD.

SLAUH1..jpg

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU
56 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Asia Line Vol 40 in May- Slaughter In San Francisco- listing says german, english and mandarin but would be surprised if any english subs. likely the same print as the UK DVD.

SLAUH1..jpg

I don't know what to say on this. I mean I tried to watch the end fight and just was bored. It almost killed both their careers. I know Norris didn't want this or Game of Death released. He didn't want to have viewers remember that his biggest claim to fame was losing to Bruce Lee, even if it was just a movie. That guy took very, very little talent and tapped into the angry white guy thing for bank$$$! He was really a right wing icon. I mean he was stiff for a Tae Kwon Do guy and a poor actor, but you got to give him credit. People wanted to see karate but with white guys winning. I remember Howard Stern saying something about "real karate movies" in regards to Chuck's TV movie. Robin jumped in and said, something to the effect of "You need to watch Jet Li in Kiss of the Dragon".

In his defense though, he was one of the first instructors to teach and promote African Americans when most dojo avoided them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I don't know what to say on this. I mean I tried to watch the end fight and just was bored. It almost killed both their careers. I know Norris didn't want this or Game of Death released. He didn't want to have viewers remember that his biggest claim to fame was losing to Bruce Lee, even if it was just a movie. That guy took very, very little talent and tapped into the angry white guy thing for bank$$$! He was really a right wing icon. I mean he was stiff for a Tae Kwon Do guy and a poor actor, but you got to give him credit. People wanted to see karate but with white guys winning. I remember Howard Stern saying something about "real karate movies" in regards to Chuck's TV movie. Robin jumped in and said, something to the effect of "You need to watch Jet Li in Kiss of the Dragon".

In his defense though, he was one of the first instructors to teach and promote African Americans when most dojo avoided them.

I'd pay £40 for remastered HD Blu ray of this. Wong Tao Vs Chuck Norris? Take my money.

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU
29 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I'd pay £40 for remastered HD Blu ray of this. Wong Tao Vs Chuck Norris? Take my money.

Tell me how it looks before I shell out please? I want to make sure it's not an upscale. Also, fun fact, the old instructors of my Tae Kwon Do school (they are Chuck's age more or less now) did some stunt work. Chuck may not have been flexible, but he could kick hard. According to my instructor Wong told Chuck to take it easy with his kicks, I suppose he was bruising his arms, etc. He was surprised to see Wong Tao in Hot Cool and Vicious as the southern fist as he said Wong was good at Tae Kwon Do and had some good kicks. But did he have Tan Tao Liang John Liu kicks? LOL!

• Like 6

Slaughter in San Francisco will be:

redone from the uncut 2.35 SD Print as English audio Export Edit with no Chuck Norris missing at all.  (84 mins 25fps)

Fortune Star does NOT Have English Subtitles for the uncut version or a HD Version of this movie at all as of now.

• Like 5