Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

13 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I think it became OOP pretty quickly. I missed out on it too. I intend on getting the new release.

There's a copy on Amazon.De that would set me back over £70, too expensive.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

It sounds like The Vengeance Pack will be releasing Billy Chong’s Sun Dragon on Blu Ray at some point. I don’t have a release date.

• Like 2

Speaking of The Vengeance Pack, they previewed a couple of Nora Miao screen caps from MEN OF THE HOUR which is also scheduled to be released on blu ray this year. It will also be English friendly.

0y0IQKf.jpg

WbcxtdC.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 5

• Administrator
4 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

@KUNG FU BOB  Do you know when or if the planned TVP blu ray release of Killzone aka SPL will come out?

I believe it was released on March 20th of 2020.

Heads up: sadly, it is not English-friendly.

• Like 3

Has anyone come across the Asia Line newly released Incredible Kung Fu Mission? Some sites are listing it as having english audio, and if it uses the same Crash cinema print but anamorphic would be worth the upgrade. Unfortunately Amazon.de won't deliver it to the UK.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Has anyone come across the Asia Line newly released Incredible Kung Fu Mission? Some sites are listing it as having english audio, and if it uses the same Crash cinema print but anamorphic would be worth the upgrade. Unfortunately Amazon.de won't deliver it to the UK.

I plan to buy it, but I don't know if it has English dubbed. It seems to me that I saw it on ebay.

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 1/7/2021 at 7:58 PM, Yihetuan said:

Speaking of The Vengeance Pack, they previewed a couple of Nora Miao screen caps from MEN OF THE HOUR which is also scheduled to be released on blu ray this year. It will also be English friendly.

0y0IQKf.jpg

WbcxtdC.jpg

MMMM, Nora Miao.

• Like 3

Guys just received Sammo Hungs Pedicab Driver Asia-line series haven’t watched it yet but according to dvd information it’s Cantonese with English subtitles aspect ratio anamorphic see pics

CDCEF9CB-7536-4636-B56A-96BA8E82436B.jpeg

606FB8BE-C63B-4ECC-8842-13196C9122FB.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Graysman said:

Guys just received Sammo Hungs Pedicab Driver Asia-line series haven’t watched it yet but according to dvd information it’s Cantonese with English subtitles aspect ratio anamorphic see pics

CDCEF9CB-7536-4636-B56A-96BA8E82436B.jpeg

606FB8BE-C63B-4ECC-8842-13196C9122FB.jpeg

Guys quick update on this Sadly no English subtitles although stated on reverse cover German and Austrian only Great picture quality though 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/16/2021 at 9:39 PM, saltysam said:

I'm in the UK and it let me order ok, worked out £14 with shipping.

• Like 3

Hello Scorching Sun, Fierce Winds, Wild Fire will be released in Germany on Blu Ray. Release date is expected 2021-05-28 .On a german site for special editions Blu Ray they wrote it comes with cantonese and german dub limited 1000 copies. Nothing about subs. But the company behind this release is the same that brought Enter the Fat Dragon and Deadly Angels. So i hope this one will be a good release too. The Blu Ray is also listed as coming soon on german ofdb and Amazon under the german titel Kung Fu Zombie - Der Gorilla mit der stählernen Klaue [Blu-ray & DVD] [Limited Mediabook]. So you can find it for your sellf.

Kung-Fu-Zombie-Der-Gorilla-mit-der-staeh

On 2/10/2021 at 11:14 AM, kuenfist said:

Hello Scorching Sun, Fierce Winds, Wild Fire will be released in Germany on Blu Ray. Release date is expected 2021-05-28.

On a german site for special editions Blu Ray they wrote it comes with cantonese and german dub limited 1000 copies. Nothing about subs. But the company behind this release is the same that brought Enter the Fat Dragon and Deadly Angels. So i hope this one will be a good release too. The Blu Ray is also listed as coming soon on german ofdb and Amazon under the german titel Kung Fu Zombie - Der Gorilla mit der stählernen Klaue [Blu-ray & DVD] [Limited Mediabook]. So you can find it for your self.

• Like 6

Chu Liu Hsiang

I expect there are neither zombies nor gorillas in the movie :) Interesting cast!! Might grab it, even if I put myself under a non-buy-any-new-movies-by-summer commitment. Well, May is nearly summer, right. 

• Like 2

So I was told these media books (like the one above and the Enter the Fat Dragon release) are just fancy looking bootlegs. Is that right?

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

So I was told these media books (like the one above and the Enter the Fat Dragon release) are just fancy looking bootlegs. Is that right?

No.

• Like 2

First i was thinking the same. But after i asked somebody who knows about movie rights it seems if you have the connection in Hong Kong it is very easy and not so expensive to buy rights for a particular country. If you are not buying Shaw or Golden Harvest titels you can get it as far as there is still a owner for the rights. But with thoses old fu movies there is often no more rights holder. It is like public domain. As far as i know for Enter and Angels he bought the rights. The Angels Blu Ray where done with a Celestial Master. The master was in bad shape and cut and not so expensive. The movie was reconstructed and remastered by the distributor of the Blu Ray. Sometimes there are still rights holder for the german market. So rights can be bought only for distribution here in germany. That is the way it goes.

• Like 4