Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

I know the owner of the label FilmArt and he told me some years ago that subs are very expensive to make and in germany most of the people who buy genre movies want the old cinema release dub.

And as i know there is only a small group of hardcore fans who watch movies in the original language with subs. Often on german releases there are only subs for the scenes they where cut at the time the movie was released in cinema because of censorship or to make them shorter to make more screenings in one day. The problem with no subs or only subs for the scenes where is no german dub is also on italian genre movies released by FilmArt. In a german panel fans of italian poliziotto scolled over FilmArt too.

FilmArt is a one man army label like Subkultur (another great label of genre movies in germany) and i am happy that Shaolin Heroes is coming out after 5 years, the first time i heard it will be released. I know how difficult it was to made this release. FilmArt bought two or three  35mm versions of it and made diffrent scans in 2K to get the best result. The owner is a movie fan too. So at the end i think it will be the best version on BluRay we can get of this nice Shapes Fu.

I like subs too because i watch Fu most of the time in cantonese or mandarin with english subs, but first i am more than happy that such a classic badass fu feast is coming on BluRay. No subs - shit happens ....

• Like 10

On 10/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, saltysam said:

Incredible Kung Fu Mission- German audio only currently listed

I have the Pagoda Films (crash cinema's supposedly premium label) dvd and was curious to see how much it is going for on the used market and it's not for the faint of heart!

Faint Omg GIF by Brittany Broski

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I have the Pagoda Films (crash cinema's supposedly premium label) dvd and was curious to see how much it is going for on the used market and it's not for the faint of heart!

Faint Omg GIF by Brittany Broski

Yep, that's the release i have

• Like 1

Listed as having English Audio as well as Cantonese, but only German subs as well as German dub. Seems too big a movie to join this line.

Pedicab.jpg

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Listed as having English Audio as well as Cantonese, but only German subs as well as German dub. Seems too big a movie to join this line.

Pedicab.jpg

Holy moly, PEDICAB DRIVER on Blu at last??? No English subs, but at least we’ll have prime material for fanedits...

Can you provide a link to more info?

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Holy moly, PEDICAB DRIVER on Blu at last??? No English subs, but at least we’ll have prime material for fanedits...

Can you provide a link to more info?

That's a DVD

• Like 4

On 10/25/2020 at 10:02 PM, kuenfist said:

I know the owner of the label FilmArt and he told me some years ago that subs are very expensive to make

That was before labels like Eureka and 88 Films started to work with volunteers. 

• Like 4

Chen Hung Lieh

I received my copy of The Heroes today, I can confirm now that it has definitely English dub, as well as Mandarin (cover says Canto, which is wrong). Looks like a slightly censored German cinema print was used and then patched with SD-inserts from HK laserdisc.

• Like 5

I've ordered The Heroes from Grooves. Amazon have it from a seller for 40 euros! Haven't used Grooves in a long time, hope they are still ok.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

I've ordered The Heroes from Grooves. Amazon have it from a seller for 40 euros! Haven't used Grooves in a long time, hope they are still ok.

I use them quite often and never had an issue but of course, YMMV. Hope I didn't just jinx you. :wink

• Like 4

Just ordered Heroes from grooves, first time I’ve oredered from them. I have the tai seng dvd I bought many years ago, looking forward to seeing this on blu.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Think this is The Double Crossers..i've never seen it...specs say it has an english dub...out next March

KUNGFU11.jpg

i have the Fortune Star dvd of this movie, never watched it, and it's just now that I realize that Sammo, Che Hui Min  and Chen Sing play in it ! I should have watched it years ago !!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

i have the Fortune Star dvd of this movie, never watched it, and it's just now that I realize that Sammo, Che Hui Min  and Chen Sing play in it ! I should have watched it years ago !!

Great Movie have a Rip of the german VHS and the uncut JoySales VCD. Hope it comes uncut.

• Like 3

The Vengeance Pack (TVP) will be re-releasing their ultra special edition Blu Ray of Jet Li’s Black Mask in the future. No release date yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

The Vengeance Pack (TVP) will be re-releasing their ultra special edition Blu Ray of Jet Li’s Black Mask in the future. No release date yet.

Did this sell out? never got round to picking it up

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Did this sell out? never got round to picking it up

I think it became OOP pretty quickly. I missed out on it too. I intend on getting the new release.