Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

On 5/14/2020 at 3:50 AM, ShawAngela said:

Just a correction @ShawAngela, this movie is actually Chan Siu pang's The Best of Shaolin Kung Fu [1976]. It's been put out on dvd before by Imperial.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B007IZ65Q8?tag=onlinefilmdatenb&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

• Like 4

De Ming Li

What’s the consensus on Asia Line volume 28, Hell’s Windstaff? A worthy upgrade on previous releases?

• Like 3

ShawAngela
On 5/23/2020 at 11:25 PM, saltysam said:

Shanghai 13 is an upcoming Asia Line

SHANG1.jpg

Any informations on the languages and subtitles ?

• Like 2

Master with OK Fingers
On 6/3/2020 at 8:36 AM, ShawAngela said:

No Mandarin again ! :devil

Thanks for the informations.

Is that because you speak Mandarin or just a preference? I only ask as I have seen others prefer Mandarin over Cantonese and they don't speak either lol

• Like 2

ShawAngela

I only understand à few sentences in Mandarin and nothing in Cantonese, and in addition to that, for me, Mandarin is much more melodious than Cantonese...which doesn't stop me to watch movies in Cantonese if it's the only way to watch them...

• Like 4

On 5/31/2020 at 3:34 AM, ShawAngela said:

Any informations on the languages and subtitles ?

Are you region locked? Why not get the blu ray released last year? That one has Mandarin audio.

KkuNIT3.png

• Like 1

ShawAngela

I only have a region2/B blu ray player and the leawo player in the computer works when it wants, with sometimes no sound (mainly with the German blu rays).

It seems to me that our friend @saltysam told us that this blu ray played well in his region B blu ray player, so, I'm a little bit tempted to buy it (it's already in my cart at yesasia...) hoping that I'll be able to watch it...

It seems to me that it was the same with the Nova blu ray of Zu, which was mentioned as a region A but played in all regions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I only have a region2/B blu ray player and the leawo player in the computer works when it wants, with sometimes no sound (mainly with the German blu rays).

It seems to me that our friend @saltysam told us that this blu ray played well in his region B blu ray player, so, I'm a little bit tempted to buy it (it's already in my cart at yesasia...) hoping that I'll be able to watch it...

It seems to me that it was the same with the Nova blu ray of Zu, which was mentioned as a region A but played in all regions.

In your case, you're better off buying a region free blu ray player. I'm not sure what country you reside in but they are pretty inexpensive ($100 or less) now for a basic model that can run worldwide voltage.

• Like 1

thundered mantis
1 hour ago, saltysam said:

I only have a VHS transfer of this one,could be interesting

IronF.jpg

This is a nice one, good fights in there.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 6:32 AM, Yihetuan said:

Are you region locked? Why not get the blu ray released last year? That one has Mandarin audio.

KkuNIT3.png

I've recently bought this CN blu, watched it in Mandarin and then in Cantonese... thought Canto somehow fitted better. This is probably the best we'll ever able to see this film, a clear upgrade from the Terracotta DVD (that wasn't too bad either). Why would Asia Line release this on DVD now? Its probably identical to the Terracotta version (which offered a couple of interesting bonus interviews, so worth keeping it).

• Like 2

thundered mantis

nope, this is another Bruce Li/Bruce Leung film, also called Bruce Vs the Iron Hand, or Bruce and the Iron Finger. Nice showcases of both Bruces, they are crisp here.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
On 7/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, saltysam said:

I only have a VHS transfer of this one,could be interesting

IronF.jpg

When’s the release date on this one? I love this movie.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 3:21 AM, ShawAngela said:

I hope that you are aware of Eureka`s superior Region B locked release of Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain? The only thing I can recommend the Nova release for Is the awesome packaging and included postcards.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 8/5/2020 at 9:14 PM, saltysam said:

I know it's not a popular opinion but i really didn't like Zu. Sold the Eureka pretty much straight away.

i struggled to finish it. the beginning with sammo was cool then it just got boring.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 9:14 PM, saltysam said:

I know it's not a popular opinion but i really didn't like Zu. Sold the Eureka pretty much straight away.

It's not a popular opinion... it's a wrong opinion!! :lipssealed

• Like 3

On 8/5/2020 at 1:40 AM, reason108 said:

I hope that you are aware of Eureka`s superior Region B locked release of Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain? The only thing I can recommend the Nova release for Is the awesome packaging and included postcards.

:bs_smile:

I have both of them !

• Like 1