Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

It was cut at the end, something to do with removing a groin shot?.

Been long time since saw that but it was sth like 2 midgets(or short guys at least) leaping at hwang jang lee who was grounded and audio interrupted..I think you are right about groin shot but never seen film as completely uncut...

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 8:08 AM, saltysam said:

Secret Ninja

ninj.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 3:48 AM, ShawAngela said:

Is it this one ?

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=9009&display_set=eng

Is it any good ? I'm a little bit cautious with hkmdb reviews...

That cover at definitely doesn't indicate that its 'Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger', which is a period Korean kung-fu flick.  Looking at Dragon Lee's filmography, the only movie which looks like it has a strong ninja presence is 1986's 'Ninja Champion/Connection' (which to be fair, he wasn't actually in.  The movie is a cut 'n' paste job using footage from 'Poisonous Rose Stripping the Night').  Would be great if someone can clarify though, and also confirm it's English friendly!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Do you know the titles of the three movies, please ?

I believe it's Return Of The Tiger, Secret Rivals & Clones Of Bruce Lee

• Like 3

On 5/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, laagi said:

@spannick is this a hint at a possible release... :wink

You can pre-order the blu ray now for a July 24 release date. Although I'm not sure if Covid-19 will push that date back or not?

https://www.amazon.de/Die-Ruckkehr-im-Schatten-des-Adlers-Blu-ray/dp/B084DG1H6G?tag=bluraycom04-21&linkCode=xm2&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

You can pre-order the blu ray now for a July 24 release date. Although I'm not sure if Covid-19 will push that date back or not?

https://www.amazon.de/Die-Ruckkehr-im-Schatten-des-Adlers-Blu-ray/dp/B084DG1H6G?tag=bluraycom04-21&linkCode=xm2&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Thanks for the link! Great to see another classic get this kind of treatment. But I have one gripe... The cover. My God that's one lazy-ass job! Also according to ofdb.de this version is cut.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, laagi said:

Thanks for the link! Great to see another classic get this kind of treatment. But I have one gripe... The cover. My God that's one lazy-ass job! Also according to ofdb.de this version is cut.

Do you know what was cut? Seems like a minute has been taken out from the original runtime.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Do you know what was cut? Seems like a minute has been taken out from the original runtime.

Unfortunately I don't but looking at the Blu-Ray specs there's word of a extra scene as part of the bonus material. That might be the one minute missing.

• Like 2

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/97pqou1ncictxnkfnyla8k4qlw5jcp9m

screenshots here from the German 35mm brand new print done in 2K. (from Licencor Archives)

of course it's cut and the shit that is cut is only annoying terrible comedy; makes the movie much more enjoyable. Also uncut exists only in 1.33 VHS Crap for now, a Bonus Version will include all that stuff combined with the HD Print.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
On 5/12/2020 at 11:03 PM, ShawAngela said:

Is it an interesting movie ?

I'm by no mean an expert on your tastes @ShawAngela, but I'd give it a chance if you enjoy other Dragon Lee/Bruceploitation movies.

• Like 2

TVP announced their next title to get a blu ray release next year. It's Chen Ming hua's Men of the Hour [1977]

HAIXt74.jpg

• Like 1