Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

thundered mantis
On 1/18/2020 at 6:52 PM, saltysam said:

Hell's Windstaff coming

hell'swinds.jpg

Anyone got this one? I have the old USA DVD, with the burnt in subs. It´s letterboxed at least, but I would enjoy an image quality improvement. In the past I would´ve got this without a second thought, but their release of The Victim was too of a letdown

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane

I too am a bit apprehensive for the exact same reason. That Victim release was a disgrace.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 1

This release of The victim is the only one that I have, so, I can't comment on it, but what is the problem ?

• Like 2

^^ it's fine... maybe people are upset because it's just a re-release of an old dvd.... the Eastern Heroes one... which is most likely discontinued anyway.

most asia line releases lately are just re-release of old stuff unfortunately..... no new print are being scanned or something.

• Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 minute ago, kevenzz said:

most asia line releases lately are just re-release of old stuff unfortunately..... no new print are being scanned or something.

Really? Good to know.

• Like 1

thundered mantis
5 hours ago, kevenzz said:

^^ it's fine... maybe people are upset because it's just a re-release of an old dvd.... the Eastern Heroes one... which is most likely discontinued anyway.

Yep, that´s true; but it is also true that a bunch of those Asia Line old prints are either superior than their UK/USA counterparts, or they simply correct bad aspect ratio encodings or audio issues (like their Cantonen Iron Kung Fu), so these releases are mostly better than the old VV, EH or Xenon DVDs. So when they released The Victim I was expecting (entirely my fault) either better video quality or less cropped picture. So when we got the same old EH release, I was dissapointed, as I had higher expectations due to their previous releases.

Still I hope Asia Line´s Hell´s Windstaff to be better than Xenon. And I hope we can watch The Victim (and Buddhist Fist and Legend of a Fighter) in OAR.

• Like 2

(it's going to use the same old german print (pretty sure about it)

Edited by kevenzz
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 3:19 AM, Markgway said:

The top one is The Best of Shaolin Kung Fu.

Decent flick, but only ever available in a butchered German version (which I assume this will also be). 

I recently watched this from the earlier Imperial German release and I have to say it was a very nice looking widescreen print with English audio. Unfortunately, I have no idea what was cut as I've never saw the VHS version. I also enjoyed the interview with Carter Wong in the bonus features and while neither Cliff Lok nor Carter's best, it was decently entertaining.

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

In a recent post, filmart announce on their facebook that Wu Ma's THE HEROES will be "soon pre-orderable". In an earlier post, they said it would be english-friendly. happy cat GIF

• Like 5

On 3/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

In a recent post, filmart announce on their facebook that Wu Ma's THE HEROES will be "soon pre-orderable". In an earlier post, they said it would be english-friendly. happy cat GIF

Yes, I saw the update a few days ago. It's a shame they don't mention Amazon Germany of all the online shops that will carry it.

You can find our titles online as usual at OFDB, MEDIA SHIPPING. AT, DTM. AT, I-CATCHER MEDIA, BEYOND MEDIA. AT - just to name the most common.

I will check on Amazon and grooves.land just in case when its announced. I find the overseas shipping fees exorbitant for those other shops listed and some don't take paypal either.

• Like 1

@Chu Liu Hsiang, I definitely love your cats gif !!!

I don't know where you find them and I was unable to quote it, so, I had to copy it on my computer in order to put it as if it was quoted in this post...

If it had any sound, I wonder what would be the music for this cat dance...:bs_laughing:

Happy cat.gif

• Like 1

Who's designing the cover arts? They're doing a damn good job.

Edited by venom10463
  • Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

@Chu Liu Hsiang, I definitely love your cats gif !!!

I don't know where you find them and I was unable to quote it, so, I had to copy it on my computer in order to put it as if it was quoted in this post...

If it had any sound, I wonder what would be the music for this cat dance...:bs_laughing:

Happy cat.gif

All kudos goes to @SMK! Since the reboot, you can insert gifs into the comment via the gif button above, and you can search the multitude of offered gifs for keywords. Thanks Bast, there are lots of cats gifs :D 

• Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

It appears filmArt are also releasing The Battle Wizard too.

https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/143476-das_blut_der_roten_python

I hope this will be English friendly because the media book blu ray release of this movie from Shock is German only.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 2:03 PM, venom10463 said:

Whis designing the cover arts? They're doing a damn good job.

exactly what I was thinking…  I was browsing the amazon.de site and man… these germans certainly have the best dvd & blu ray cover arts.

Edited by kevenzz

The Dragon and Tiger Kids appears to be uncut according to this link:

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=538006

But has been cropped to cover up the burnt-in subtitles. 

One step forward, two steps back...

The article also references BBFC cuts, but the BBFC makes no mention of ever having cut the film:

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/hellz-windstaff

• Like 1

Was there sth like seconds or so missing in UK release of wind staff at very end? it really did not make any difference to movie if remember correctly...

• Like 1

DragonClaws
24 minutes ago, Tex Killer said:

Was there sth like seconds or so missing in UK release of wind staff at very end? it really did not make any difference to movie if remember correctly...

It was cut at the end, something to do with removing a groin shot?.

• Like 1