Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

On 2/7/2020 at 1:53 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Well, at least I'm glad that German speakers will have a kick-ass Blu-ray of SPL.

I re-watched it before doing the cover, and despite having seen it at least, I'd guess, thirty times, it's still emotionally impactful, and features some of the greatest modern-day martial arts fights in all of Asian cinema. Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung, and Wu Jing give incredible physical performances, delivering fights that are perfect in every way. Add to that the lighting, music, cinematography, and expert action direction. Each of the action scenes are still exhilarating, even after all these viewing and years since this was made. Plus, the jobs that Simon Yam, Donnie and Sammo do acting-wise? Their performances in this are among my top favorites for all three actors. And despite not having much back-story to work with, all the supporting actors give terrific performances too, especially Liu Kai-Chi. You can feel his tightly coiled tension emanating off the screen. Yeah... one of my all-time top Hong Kong flicks! 😁

SHA PO LANG (that should really be the title it’s known by, and don’t get me started on the horrible meaningless KILL ZONE title — whoever greenlighted that title should be fired yesterday) is, along with IP MAN, the absolute best HK kung fu film since DRUNKEN MASTER II, which marked the end of the Golden Age; in fact, SHA PO LANG is so good that it seems like a Golden Age film, probably the last one we’ll ever get.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, saltysam said:

Hope it has english subs

Should we take it as a bad sign that @spannick made no mention of English subs in his first post?

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

due out in May

drunken.jpg

Are the other 4 films in this 6 film box set the same as the previous German release? I think that one had Sleeping Fist, Old Dirty Kung Fu, Kung Fu For Sale, & Drunken Arts and Crippled Fist.

• Like 1

• Administrator

My artwork and  a few work-in-progress for the TVP- The Vengeance Pack Limited Edition Blu-ray release of KILL ZONE, aka. SHA PO LANG, SPL (there are also two other cover choices available). As I said above, IMO this is one of the best modern-day Hong Kong films ever made. Donnie Yen, Wu Jing and Sammo Hung (playing a VERY intimidating gang boss) give their all in some of the greatest on-screen fights ever committed to film! Simon Yam is excellent as the cop obsessed with nailing his enemy. Director Wilson Yip (the IP MAN films) created a lean, mean, visually sumptuous action classic. Love this flick (in case you couldn't tell... hahaha)! So glad I got to do some art for this.

The sketch was drawn with a stylus on my tiny little phone screen (and in my defense... without my reading glasses). 😄

If anyone on this forum is reading this and still hasn't seen it... what are you waiting for! 😜 😁

KILLZONE- INSTAGRAM WIP PICS 1.jpg

KILLZONE- INSTAGRAM WIP PICS 2.jpg

KILLZONE- INSTAGRAM WIP PICS 3.jpg

KILLZONE- INSTAGRAM WIP PICS 4.jpg

KILLZONE- INSTAGRAM WIP PICS 5.jpg

KILLZONE SPL TVP COVERART.jpg

• Like 8

• Administrator
On 2/8/2020 at 6:54 PM, WaverBoy said:

SHA PO LANG (that should really be the title it’s known by, and don’t get me started on the horrible meaningless KILL ZONE title — whoever greenlighted that title should be fired yesterday) is, along with IP MAN, the absolute best HK kung fu film since DRUNKEN MASTER II, which marked the end of the Golden Age; in fact, SHA PO LANG is so good that it seems like a Golden Age film, probably the last one we’ll ever get.

Yeah, I know the real title and how it's meaning is directly related to the fate of the characters.

It definitely does seem like an amazing last punch of that era.

13 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Seeing that great looking cover makes it even more regrettable that this isn't English friendly. :bs_sad:

Thanks... And I feel your pain. I wish it could be English-friendly too. 😪

7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

My only beef with the cover is that it says KILL ZONE on it...

Because the Weinstein company, showing us their complete lack of creativity, gave it that shit English title, that is now what distributors the world over are obligated to use. The TVP guys feel the same way as we do about that stupid title.  Fortunately the Weinsteins didn't butcher the film itself in any way.

• Like 5

On 2/10/2020 at 1:16 AM, Yihetuan said:

Seeing that great looking cover makes it even more regrettable that this isn't English friendly. :bs_sad:

Wonder if TVP would make some extra non limited disc free mediabooks they could sell to us 🙂 just a thought, we could then slot our existing english friendly discs in

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
On 11/30/2019 at 6:20 PM, saltysam said:

Angry Guest

Four Riders

Master Of Kung Fu

Kid With The Golden Arm

The New Shaolin Boxers

i received my boxset today/.

• Like 5

On 2/4/2020 at 5:23 PM, saltysam said:

Shaolin Bronzemen in April (DVD)

shaaolin.jpg

DER.jpg

The top one is The Best of Shaolin Kung Fu.

Decent flick, but only ever available in a butchered German version (which I assume this will also be). 

• Like 4

On 2/7/2020 at 7:47 PM, Yihetuan said:

According to this site, it has a street release date of July 24th.

https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/143276-die_rueckkehr_im_schatten_des_adlers_special_edition

Grooves.land has this up for preorder already with a price. Amazon still only has a placeholder. I like grooves.land as they offer free shipping over $22 and their prices are cheaper than Amazon. I've heard their customer service is rather sketchy but I never had an issue with them.

• Like 1

Master with OK Fingers
On 2/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, saltysam said:

due out in May

drunken.jpg

Please can you advise where this is available to pre-order?

Thanks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Please can you advise where this is available to pre-order?

Thanks

You can buy this from Amazon Germany. It's says current unavailable but it will change once it gets closer to the release date.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B084QLBP9S/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1MRHQMJUFYZWQ&keywords=die+welt+des+drunken+master&qid=1581875153&sprefix=die+welt+des+drunken%2Caps%2C297&sr=8-2

• Like 2

Master with OK Fingers
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

You can buy this from Amazon Germany. It's says current unavailable but it will change once it gets closer to the release date.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B084QLBP9S/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1MRHQMJUFYZWQ&keywords=die+welt+des+drunken+master&qid=1581875153&sprefix=die+welt+des+drunken%2Caps%2C297&sr=8-2

Perfect, thanks 👍

Edited by Master with OK Fingers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Perfect, thanks 👍

The only thing that worries me is 6 films packed into 2 dvds. The compression and artifacts will be something to watch for even if it's priced cheap.

Not sure if this has been posted before and apologies if I missed it but Asia Line No 29 is the 1995 film China Dragon aka Dragon Kids by Kevin Chu. Shamrock/Cargo will also be releasing this under the title Die Kung Fu-Schnullerbande later this year. This will be released in May with a bonus film included.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B084QLXGJ7/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=dragon+kids&qid=1581897515&sr=8-4

fo9ns4S.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
cropped picture

On 1/6/2020 at 9:03 PM, Yihetuan said:

A poster over at blu-ray.com said a blu ray of The Daredevils is forthcoming from German label, Edel. There other recent releases have been English friendly, so I'm hoping this one will be too.

MV5-BZj-Zi-ZWZj-Yz-Et-ZWYw-NS00-ODY1-LTh

Just a further update on this title, Amazon Germany has a release date of April 9. The specs say it will have German and English audio but that has to be a mistake. It will have Mandarin audio instead of the English dub like all the previous releases right?

https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/143641-die_todesfalle_der_shaolin_the_daredevils_shaw_brothers_collection?features#ca

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B084QM5C2L?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-130-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B084QM5C2L

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 4:24 PM, Yihetuan said:

I realize this German dvd isn't English friendly, so I am hoping someone will undertake the project to create English subs from the German audio. Before this release, I'm only aware of the French print titled Karate Motos but doesn't have subs either. I've been wanting to see this movie in its original language ever since I saw this clip on youtube but I'll settle for German with English subs. I'll be eternally grateful it it happens someday. :bs_martialgreeting:

• Like 3

This trailer for Deadly chase is great, and it's in Mandarin ! It would be so great if there was a release with the Mandarin language and these English subtitles shown in the trailer !

I have a dvdrip from the French VHS, but haven't had time to watch it as yet, but this trailer gives me the idea to watch it as soon as possible !!

When I think that I read somewhere that Charlie Chin wasn't a great on screen fighter...

• Like 2