Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

8 hours ago, Avenger said:

I would also really like to know where these were uploaded to.

5 hours ago, fabhui said:

Me too.

The tracker is https://asiancinema.me/login

But they are currently not accepting new registrations/applications. Please check back periodically when they open for new members,.

• Like 2

A poster over at blu-ray.com said a blu ray of The Daredevils is forthcoming from German label, Edel. There other recent releases have been English friendly, so I'm hoping this one will be too.

MV5-BZj-Zi-ZWZj-Yz-Et-ZWYw-NS00-ODY1-LTh

• Like 4

On 1/7/2020 at 6:03 AM, Yihetuan said:

A poster over at blu-ray.com said a blu ray of The Daredevils is forthcoming from German label, Edel. There other recent releases have been English friendly, so I'm hoping this one will be too.

English Subs as usual, yes.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2019 at 2:21 AM, saltysam said:

a nice box set coming if you haven't bought individually

shawbox.jpg

What are the soundtrack & subtitle specs on this set?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

What are the soundtrack & subtitle specs on this set?  

they are repackagings of the existing single releases, original language audio + gerrman, german & english subs

• Like 2

9 hours ago, saltysam said:

Shaolin Bronzemen in April (DVD)

shaaolin.jpg

DER.jpg

Please correct me if I am wrong but is the second dvd shown, Mysterious Footworks of Kung Fu? :bs_thinking:

• Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Please correct me if I am wrong but is the second dvd shown, Mysterious Footworks of Kung Fu?

Yes. I like the title, does it hold its promise? 

MysteriousFootworks_small.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, saltysam said:

Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu getting a re-release end of Feb

Do you know if the new German release, will have restored picture & sound?. A generous and very helpful fan sent me a Wide-Screen copy of this.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Do you know if the new German release, will have restored picture & sound?. A generous and very helpful fan sent me a Wide-Screen copy of this.

i have a feeling it will be the same transfer as earlier hartbox release which i own.

• Like 1

• Administrator
On 2/4/2020 at 9:51 PM, Yihetuan said:

Very nice. Is that @KUNG FU BOB who did the covers? Do you know if this will be English friendly?

The "A Cover" is a HK theatrical poster I believe. The "B Cover" is by artist Ralf Krause. The "C Cover" is by me.

Sadly TVP were NOT allowed to include English subs on this release. I'm still excited about it though as it will include an audio commentary by @Mike Leeder and Arne Venema. There's also an audio commentary by "Mr. TVP" himself- wish I could speak German, because he's very knowledgeable about Hong Kong cinema and also very funny (which I know because he also speaks fantastic English).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

The "A Cover" is a HK theatrical poster I believe. The "B Cover" is by artist Ralf Krause. The "C Cover" is by me.

Sadly TVP were NOT allowed to include English subs on this release. I'm still excited about it though as it will include an audio commentary by @Mike Leeder and Arne Venema. There's also an audio commentary by "Mr. TVP" himself- wish I could speak German, because he's very knowledgeable about Hong Kong cinema and also very funny (which I know because he also speaks fantastic English).

Thanks for the update and further info. It's too bad it's not going to be English friendly but the audio commentary by those two are always entertaining. Fantastic looking "C" cover btw, like all of your fine work! 👍

• Like 2

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Thanks for the update and further info. It's too bad it's not going to be English friendly but the audio commentary by those two are always entertaining. Fantastic looking "C" cover btw, like all of your fine work! 👍

Well, at least I'm glad that German speakers will have a kick-ass Blu-ray of SPL.

I re-watched it before doing the cover, and despite having seen it at least, I'd guess, thirty times, it's still emotionally impactful, and features some of the greatest modern-day martial arts fights in all of Asian cinema. Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung, and Wu Jing give incredible physical performances, delivering fights that are perfect in every way. Add to that the lighting, music, cinematography, and expert action direction. Each of the action scenes are still exhilarating, even after all these viewing and years since this was made. Plus, the jobs that Simon Yam, Donnie and Sammo do acting-wise? Their performances in this are among my top favorites for all three actors. And despite not having much back-story to work with, all the supporting actors give terrific performances too, especially Liu Kai-Chi. You can feel his tightly coiled tension emanating off the screen. Yeah... one of my all-time top Hong Kong flicks! 😁

• Like 6