Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

I must be going mad, paid nearly £40 for the mediabook of Image Of Bruce Lee 😫 anyway, it's english dubbed, 2:35:1 anamorphic. Not a bad print. Has two bonus DVDS ,Iron Dragon Strikes Back uncut 2:35:1 english and another movie, german dub only, not sure what it is.

• Like 3

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 12/9/2018 at 10:16 PM, saltysam said:

not sure what it is.

they don't specify it on their website https://mediabookdb.de/labels/WMM/   but according to user comment on amazon.de, depending on the media book version, it should be either/ or

Der brüllende Tiger = Invincible Boxer

Tag der blutigen Rache = Deadly Strike (Bruce has Risen, Incredible Dragon)

Bruce Lee - True Story = Bruce Lee - True Story (Behind Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth)

• Like 2

I'm glad the Asia Line serie is still going in 2019 but I wish more kung fu movies from 1978-1981 would be released since it's the period I love the most :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kevenzz said:

that blu ray looks gorgeous... for a somewhat obscure film :)

Their next release is Enter The Game Of Death which i can't wait for-though given the delays on this one i don't expect to see it before summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

Is The 2-disc Uncut German edition of Chinatown Kid worth picking up? 

0729389456009.jpg

Unless you are into mediabooks best getting the cheaper Amaray release from Koch. It's the short version in HD, english subs , the longer version is on there as an extra but in pretty poor vhs quality ,english dubbed.

• Like 3

Booklet itself is pretty nice with lots of pics but unless you can understand german you do not get most out of it. I have mediabook even with 2 different covers but you get indeed more value for money getting retail version than paying over double for mediabook.

Pity the longer cut has so awful quality, that version is really superb as movie.

• Like 3

TheFlyingPanda
17 hours ago, saltysam said:

Unless you are into mediabooks best getting the cheaper Amaray release from Koch. It's the short version in HD, english subs , the longer version is on there as an extra but in pretty poor vhs quality ,english dubbed.

Thanks, Yes The booklet is too expensive. I've purchased mediabooks before but at around 21-24 euros. I'll go with the retail or single version. 

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU
20 hours ago, saltysam said:

Wow, WTF happened to this movie? I mean it really was a classic in a sense. Fu Sheng was huge, had international appeal in terms of being set in HK and the USA, good fight scenes, good story (well, Boxer from Shantung for the 70's) and a strong box office at the time. Yet no one can come up with the version that everyone saw back then in the USA and Chinatown, just the corny Taiwanese version. And you can see the wound as they filmed both endings on the same day....meanwhile you can see some of the worst Bruce Le movies in pristine condition. Let me tell you, Le was considered the bottom of the barrel back then and Sheng was a big deal, at least with audiences that went to see these first run in Chinatown, Chinese and non Chinese. Bruce Le or Li, for that matter, was not selling a lot of tickets in Chinatown, ever. Someone probably has the negative in a basement, like a Tarantino, etc. Or maybe it just was a decision of keep one version and dispose of the rest....Oh well....

• Like 4

i agree, the long version is so much better-it's probably near impossible to do but it'd be great if someone could somehow edit together the long version using the HD shorter version and the best they can find longer print.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, saltysam said:

i agree, the long version is so much better-it's probably near impossible to do but it'd be great if someone could somehow edit together the long version using the HD shorter version and the best they can find longer print.

Someone like FLK could do that..I think they already have some combined version which would be better than one in koch br but spent enough funds for this movie already.

No Kung fu, agree totally.

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 2

TheFlyingPanda

Also In the English friendly German releases... For those who want to add to their cheesy Ninja action B movie collection. Red Sun Rising   

222886_front.jpg222888_front.jpg222887_large.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

Also In the English friendly German releases... For those who want to add to their cheesy Ninja action B movie collection. Red Sun Rising   

222886_front.jpg222888_front.jpg222887_large.jpg

Nice...germans been releasing lot low budget yankee martial arts flicks recently...sadly some of them are expensive mediabooks only but will investigate few of those more affordable prices.

Very happy with their martial law box set...

• Like 3

TheFlyingPanda
1 hour ago, Tex Killer said:

Nice...germans been releasing lot low budget yankee martial arts flicks recently...sadly some of them are expensive mediabooks only but will investigate few of those more affordable prices.

Very happy with their martial law box set...

Agree. Very nice indeed. I'm investing in only some movies as well. I know it must cost more to put all the effort in designing a mediabook, but I believe 19-25 euros should be the limit. 

• Like 2