Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Just got Bruce Lee Story, 2 versions (german shorter & longer uncut) and 2 english dub options, hk & usa. Nice widescreen transfer.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, kevenzz said:

Finally ! september 27 2018.... it has been announced last summer.

just waiting for it to go up on Amazon.de and i'll order it

So, from what I understand, there will be English subs, as I sent them the ones I had done for my custom. Mine was not remastered, so I am very interested to see this. Also, it includes Bronze Head and Steel Arm as a bonus, I think....

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, saltysam said:

don't think i'm up for watching an eastern movie in german with english subs.. why not put the original audio on there?

Well, if you can find it, send it over. As it is, those are the only prints left, Italian and German. Same with Redress and others. Plus, there are some that sort of work with a good dub and sub. The Italian sounds more fierce in Flying Over Grass, for example. 

• Like 1

Yes considering that those are the only copies left we will just have to take it or leave it. I wonder why they couldn’t put English subs on their volume 13 release The White Dragon Sword?

• Like 1

Are there any subs like French Subs on that one? There are quite a few people that can do that for us to fix. Also Google translate can do a pretty good job as well.

• Like 1

Asia Line volume 16... great news

hopefully this serie will keep on going.

EDIT: by the way French is my native language so I can translate stuff in English if you guys want…. but a whole movie of 500-600 lines seems a pretty extensive task…? not sure about it :)

Edited by kevenzz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Also Google translate can do a pretty good job as well.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Each time I tried to use Google translate in order to tranlsate some Chinese pages, I got so non sensical translations in French that it was a "tearful laughing" translation ! they even translated the Chinese names, which lead to such names as " Prosperity building " (for instance) for Ming People, and I had to look for the English translation in order to understand something, though sometimes, the English translation is non sensical too !  I remember to have bought The golden nun with English subtitles, and I had to turn off the subtitles because it meant nothing and I understood much better the movie in Mandarin than with the subtitles, which lead me to think that the guy who had subbed the movie had used Google translate. I had the same problem with the part 2 of the Adam Cheng's series Chronicles of Emperor Qian Long, and I had to turn off the subtitles as well, and that's very strange, because the part 1 from the same editor was properly translated...

• Like 1

Invasion on German Disc will be German & Mandarin with optional English Subtitles. Bronze Head only German Audio. That's a bonus Movie really because there was nothing else to do with it.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, De Ming Li said:

Yes considering that those are the only copies left we will just have to take it or leave it. I wonder why they couldn’t put English subs on their volume 13 release The White Dragon Sword?

there were no english Subtitles ready for re-use as they were for INVASION.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, saltysam said:

This is highly likely to be based on the print used by Zinemaxploitation for their blu ray, as was the case with Soul Brothers of Kung Fu

• Like 2