Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Just got Asia Line's Once Upon A Time In China 5 DVD. No english dub but cantonese with english subs option.

Caps From Once Upon A Time In China 5

ONCE1.png

ONCE2.png

ONCE3.png

ONCE4.png

ONCE5.png

ONCE6.png

ONCE7.png

ONCE8.png

• Like 6

15 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

A clip from the German DVD of Sacred Knives (the Killer). Love this movie!

Yet anohter title to get round to seeing at somepoint in the future, you can spot a young Fung Hak-On among the school students, in the above scene. He's stood to the right of the screen, near the punch bag, around 28-secs into the clip.

• Like 3

does the wu tang magic kick german dvd comes with English dub ? the picture quality appears to be pretty good.... I guess ?! it's hard to compare with previous releases.

16 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I am hoping they come out with a version of Payment in Blood. Even if it is in German, I can work with that.....

Celestial has this in stock...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Don't see any new Asia Line titles on Amazon Germany, a little worried that volume 12 will be the end of it.

Trailer for The Invasion was on their latest release so hopefully that's coming.

• Like 1

On 24/02/2018 at 4:18 PM, spannick said:

Celestial has this in stock...

Really ? Then, I don't understand why they never properly released it ! it's such a superb non-stop action movie that can rivalize with any of their other titles !!

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Really ? Then, I don't understand why they never properly released it ! it's such a superb non-stop action movie that can rivalize with any of their other titles !!

it's not remastered and would take costly effort for anyone who licences it to do that own their own.

• Like 1

Just received my (rather splendid) mediabook dvd of Eine Faust  wie ein Hammer (One Armed Boxer) from an eBay seller in Denmark (£19.90!). Only got it because the Shout Factory release only has the subbed track and I love this dub.

Question though: this disc is from New Entertainment World and looks 100% legit, however there is absolutely no reference to Fortune Star on the box, the disc artwork or before the film.

So is this some kind of bootleg?

• Like 2

I've read through this long thread ,i've even contributed but i'm finding it hard to keep track of all the english-friendly german dvds out there. i've probably got most of them but would be nice to see if i've missed any.  Anyone got a list? cheers

• Like 2

TheFlyingPanda

Whhaaat! gotta pre-order this one as soon as it's available. I missed out on Challenge of the Dragon, The media-book is way to expensive. Anything over 20-22 EUR is already pushing it.  

• Like 1

Got The Way Of The Tiger/Challenge The Dragon blu ray. Runs just under 94 minutes,about 10 minutes longer than the USA DVD. The english dub has some sequences are in german with english subs, assume there was no english dub done for these parts. Quality ranges from good to mediocre,plenty of colour fluctuations and some scratches. Still it's quite something to find something like this being released on blu ray. Too expensive though, nearly £40 delivered to the UK!!

• Like 5

On 17.3.2018 at 2:38 PM, saltysam said:

no trailers for forthcoming titles on the latest Asia Line release Fight Dragon. Maybe that's the end of them?

on the one DVD before Fight Dragon were trailers for "White Dragon Sword" and "Invasion" so they will come in that series sooner or later. Fight Dragon had no Trailers because there are 2 Movie Versions on the Disc included.

• Like 1

yeah but it's the same print... the movie isn't on the dvd twice... it's just 2 different playlist.... the german one is shorter by a few minutes.

• Like 1