Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

On 7/23/2017 at 8:18 PM, DragonClaws said:

Did Asia-Line  they release the UNCUT version of Fist Of Fury Part II?

they put the missing scenes back in from vhs dc but since they used a spanish print there are only two vhs inserts i think but one of them looks like it may have been to replace damage to the print the other is a nighttime fight scene bit easier to see whats going on in the vhs copy.

runtime 94:50 pal its unrestorated though lots of dirt and scratches and splice lines still much nicer than previous versions

http://sendvid.com/awmwsadr

Edited by lungfei
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, lungfei said:

they put the missing scenes back in from vhs dc but since they used a spanish print there are only two vhs inserts i think but one of them looks like it may have been to replace damage to the print the other is a nighttime fight scene bit easier to see whats going on in the vhs copy.

Thanks Lung Fei, sure the release is far superior to the public domian prints released on VHS/DVD here in Britian.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks @saltysam, hoped that it may have been a the original theatrical international cut, not that there's anything wrong with inserts. Great to see people taking the time to restore these films.

Odd how the heavily cut U.K theatrical print, has become so common for this title. Many of Ho Chung Tao other movies are far easier to pick without the old 70's U.K censor cuts.

I actually picked up the UK tape of FoFII, with the BBFC '18' logo and censored cover, in 2003 from Music Zone and it was uncut!

No idea how that happened, other people have the same release and it was censored.

• Like 3

Frank Bolte

Got the 4 invincibles today..it has 2 versions, the cinmema version which is cut and an uncut version..both have english dubs.

Edited by Frank Bolte
  • Like 4

TheFlyingPanda

I've picked up a few of these and pre-orders as well... Snake in the Monkey's shadow is on it's way soon. I'll post up some insight when i play it on my studio's 75" HD TV. I'm trying to stay on the path of Blu-ray and up these days, but these classics have no better versions.  

• Like 2

someone on amazon mentioned that 18 Jade Arhats is sourced from a vhs.... it also includes Mission Kiss and Kill as a bonus feature which is also sourced from a vhs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kevenzz said:

someone on amazon mentioned that 18 Jade Arhats is sourced from a vhs.... it also includes Mission Kiss and Kill as a bonus feature which is also sourced from a vhs.

I would be more interested in Mission Kiss and kill than 18 Jade Arhats. That movie deserves some love.

Having viewed 18 Jade Arhats i can confrm this has come from an upscaled VHS source. It's anamorphic and certainly clear and watchable but definitely a downgrade quality wise on their earlier releases. Also i see Fighting Dragon has now been put back to March 2018.

Edited by saltysam

5 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Coming out in Germany from Filmart next month. Has the english dub, i'll probably get it but it's a little expensive

Hope it doesnt feature the poor quality English dub that appeared on the three releases I have. Picked it up on VHS, then got the film on DVD, and ended up with the movie again as part of the MillCreek boxset. A three versions had a badly recorded dub, you had to turn the volume up high, just to hear the dialogue.

• Like 2

Anyone got the German dvd of Bruce Lee the Man the Myth?

What is the quality like? Inserted VHS scenes?

I have the Japanese dvd  which is wide and nice quality but it's only in Mandarin with forced Japanese subs...how does the German one measure up?

Finally why the f***k are some/most of the German dvds so expensive! ?

Thanks in advance :-)

• Like 3

Found Fist of Fury 2 at a great price 12.99 euros but they won't mail 18 cert dvds to the UK arrgh!

scowl.jpg

Edited by shukocarl
typo
  • Like 3

On 12/18/2017 at 4:52 PM, saltysam said:

I'm genuinely excited for this release since I've never actually seen a Vincent Zhao "Once Upon a Time in China". It'll be nice to finally get around to watching this.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm genuinely excited for this release since I've never actually seen a Vincent Zhao "Once Upon a Time in China". It'll be nice to finally get around to watching this.

Seconded!

• Administrator
On 1/24/2018 at 7:24 AM, Drunken Monk said:

22 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Seconded!

Surprised neither of you guys have seen either of the Vincent Zhao OUATIC films. They're both pretty good, and certainly worth picking up. Shame they didn't also release part 4. Zhao also played Wong Fei-Hung in several TV series in the mid-nineties, all directed by Tsui Hark. They have lots of high-quality action scenes, but unfortunately (as far as I am aware) have never been released with English subtitles.

• Like 2