Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Yihetuan

Jet Li's THE ENFORCER aka MY FATHER IS A HERO is being released for the first time in Germany uncut from a 2K master. Will come in a special red case with two cover variants. English dub and sub. Due out on November 29.

81qhtEEPGzL._SL1500_.jpg

81rec9+ZVeL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

ironfistedmonk

Has anyone who ordered through Retro Gold received their Angel Terminators yet?  I had a change of shipping status e-mail with a Deutsche Post tracking number but it doesn't exist

pachito23
44 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Has anyone who ordered through Retro Gold received their Angel Terminators yet?  I had a change of shipping status e-mail with a Deutsche Post tracking number but it doesn't exist

I received it like a week ago but still have to watch it. I am located in Germany btw

pachito23

My Bullet in the Head blu from TG Vision is on its way. Hope it was worth waiting 

CountVertigo
1 hour ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Mine came in last week.

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Like everyone else here, I also received my copy last week. I'm located in the US.

actionfan93
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

received mine here in the U.S.

Edited by actionfan93

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

Cinestrange is releasing BOLO aka BOLO THE BRUTE aka FISTS OF JUSTICE on limited edition mediabook blu ray. English friendly. 3 cover variants. Release date Oct 31.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 18-05-47 BOLO - Vier Fäuste im wilden Osten - Mediabook C Blu-ray DVD - Cinestrange Extreme.png

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 18-04-52 BOLO - Vier Fäuste im wilden Osten - Mediabook C Blu-ray DVD - Cinestrange Extreme.png

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 18-05-10 BOLO - Vier Fäuste im wilden Osten - Mediabook B Blu-ray DVD - Cinestrange Extreme.png

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 18-05-30 BOLO - Vier Fäuste im wilden Osten - Mediabook A Blu-ray DVD wattiert - Cinestrange Extreme.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 4

saltysam
Posted (edited)

Probably licenced that from Multicom, likely the print the  that's been playing on Prime 

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

Some arguing about the German Bullet in the Head Blu-Ray going on at the blu-ray.com Asian forum, but found some interesting links from said argument.

Bullet in the Head - TG Vision (Main version) Screencaps

Bullet in the Head - TG Vision (Director's Cut additional scenes) Screencaps

Movie-censorship.com detailed breakdown of the Director's Cut included on the German Blu-Ray

ofdb.de page for the Blu-Ray with all the specs

One forum user said the Blu-Ray looks terrible in motion, one said it is the best looking disc that is currently out there. It seems like this is definitely an AI upscale from and SD source, but until a new scan/remaster is done I guess that is all we have. Either way, looks like a lot of work was put into making this disc.

• Like 2

pachito23
4 hours ago, Ronin said:

Some arguing about the German Bullet in the Head Blu-Ray going on at the blu-ray.com Asian forum, but found some interesting links from said argument.

Bullet in the Head - TG Vision (Main version) Screencaps

Bullet in the Head - TG Vision (Director's Cut additional scenes) Screencaps

Movie-censorship.com detailed breakdown of the Director's Cut included on the German Blu-Ray

ofdb.de page for the Blu-Ray with all the specs

One forum user said the Blu-Ray looks terrible in motion, one said it is the best looking disc that is currently out there. It seems like this is definitely an AI upscale from and SD source, but until a new scan/remaster is done I guess that is all we have. Either way, looks like a lot of work was put into making this disc.

I watched the Director‘s Cut for a few minutes today. The additional scenes are very fuzzy and hazy. There is too much noise that is not easily corrected. I will dig out my Fortune Star DVD over the weekend and compare. 

• Like 2

Yihetuan

TVP announced another IFD title coming to blu ray. ROYAL DESTINY aka IN THE CROSS OF EVIL. Worldwide HD premiere and uncut.

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 19-15-25 Facebook.png

• Like 3

monkmovies
On 8/26/2024 at 9:16 PM, Yihetuan said:

TVP announced another IFD title coming to blu ray. ROYAL DESTINY aka IN THE CROSS OF EVIL. Worldwide HD premiere and uncut.

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 19-15-25 Facebook.png

If anyone is interested in watching the remastered print, it's available on Prime Video and Tubi

• Like 1

Took a few caps from the Cargo release of The Killer to compare to the HKR release. HKR runs 21 seconds longer,likely logos etc, HKR Main feature is 26gb against just over 22gb for the german. HKR caps are first

Killer HKR1.png

Killer G1.png

KILLER HKR2.png

Killer G2.png

KILLER HKR3.png

KILLER G3.png

KILLER HKR4.png

Killer G4.png

• Like 4

ironfistedmonk

So my order for Angel Terminators hasn't turned up and Retro Gold are now ghosting me, anyone else had any bad experiences with these guys?

Kam Bo's BRAVE YOUNG GIRLS is coming to DVD from TG Vision Gate. Up for pre-order now and English friendly. Two cover variants. I have the FLK dvd rip which is watchable but not the best quality, so I wonder if this is any improvement?

71byF9zyMvL._SL1500_.jpg

71kE-xNe5pL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 4

On 9/10/2024 at 11:15 AM, ironfistedmonk said:

So my order for Angel Terminators hasn't turned up and Retro Gold are now ghosting me, anyone else had any bad experiences with these guys?

I haven't had issues of not receiving an order yet.  Tho every order I have done, the tracking has been lackluster.  I have a friend that had his order didn't show up, but they gave him a refund.

First draft for the artwork of ANGEL TERMINATORS III from Shamrock which is daft as there is no ANGEL TERMINATORS 3. This is clearly the artwork for MISSION OF JUSTICE with Carrie Ng centerstage, Moon Lee off to the side and looks like Mark Houghton at the bottom

459587026_945172010940892_4926209621632678523_n.jpg

• Like 1