Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Yihetuan
2 hours ago, pachito23 said:

A shame that Angel Terminators has been pushed back until next month. I hope there's not another delay. Did you see that fan made box of Moon Lee? That was pretty fucking cool! Hardcore fan right there. :rofl

On 6/25/2024 at 2:54 PM, actionfan93 said:

I missed out unfortunately on Queens high anybody get one of the originals did i miss out on an action movie gem?

I enjoyed it. A standard triad revenge film with the first half setting up the story & it is a bit slow but you'll definitely be rewarded once the action starts kicking off with plenty of slo mo squib action and CK kicking ass. Was JC's stunt team involved in this one?

449612791_7981161885267865_322779953797171790_n.jpg

450070054_7981153935268660_8922606814300091808_n.jpg

450080553_7981155195268534_2976573001829965088_n.jpg

450048223_7981152868602100_7699686732160480445_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

thundered mantis

Iron Angels are the German naming of the Moon Lee's Angel films or are we talking about different films? I'm a bit lost... 

pachito23
2 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Iron Angels are the German naming of the Moon Lee's Angel films or are we talking about different films? I'm a bit lost... 

correct

• Like 1

actionfan93
4 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

yes except Iron Angels 4 is known as Princess Madam which except in Germany never carries the Iron Angels name and if I am correct is not tied at all to the first 3 Angel Films either

• Like 3

ChillyChong
23 hours ago, pachito23 said:

Those covers are surprisingly ugly for such fine movies but likely more variants appear. Part 2 has probably finest moon lee action at least in movies and if better in tv series would sure love to see it.

CountVertigo
On 7/6/2024 at 3:22 PM, ChillyChong said:

Those covers are surprisingly ugly for such fine movies but likely more variants appear. Part 2 has probably finest moon lee action at least in movies and if better in tv series would sure love to see it.

These are vintage poster designs, not the newly-commissioned covers. I'm sure there will be five designs apiece, including new art and probably some more vintage ones. I'm hoping for these:

obGurdaORkHK7IOiDLuR1Y75CYg-0-2000-0-3000-crop.jpg

683-iron-angels-0-2000-0-3000-crop.jpg

• Like 3

kuenfist
Posted (edited)

Some scenes in the trailer of Bloody Fists looks like upscale. Hope they used the regular german 35mm version with a runtime about 98 minutes. In 1974 the version for bavaria was cut done to 75 minutes because the distributor CS had fear that the movie would be confiscated !!! I am not a big fan of Cinestrange Extreme most of the time their releases are not good and overpriced. Remember the debacle with Magnum Thunderboldt (Majestic Thunderboldt). The Blu Ray is an upscale from a VHS fullscreen pan and scan and not in the right aspect ratio of 2.35:1 !!! And it is cut about 2 minutes. There where so many complaints on german sites that they later send out a DVD with a uncut version ( again in pan and scan ) and a widescreen version ( copy of a greek VHS in 1.85:1). Also their releases often have audio sync problems and the Blus have problems with compression like their release of Vice Squad. I expect by a price from over 40 euros in germany ( not to mention how much it will cost for collectors outside of germany with extra for shipping !!! ) a flawless premium product. Hope Cinestrange will deliever.

Edited by kuenfist
  • Sad 1

Yihetuan
53 minutes ago, kuenfist said:

Some scenes in the trailer of Bloody Fists looks like upscale. Hope they used the regular german 35mm version with a runtime about 98 minutes. In 1974 the version for bavaria was cut done to 75 minutes because the distributor CS had fear that the movie would be confiscated !!! I am not a big fan of Cinestrange Extreme most of the time their releases are not good and overpriced. Remember the debacle with Magnum Thunderboldt (Majestic Thunderboldt). The Blu Ray is an upscale from a VHS fullscreen pan and scan and not in the right aspect ratio of 2.35:1 !!! And it is cut about 2 minutes. There where so many complaints on german sites that they later send out a DVD with a uncut version ( again in pan and scan ) and a widescreen version ( copy of a greek VHS in 1.85:1). Also their releases often have audio sync problems and the Blus have problems with compression like their release of Vice Squad. I expect by a price from over 40 euros in germany ( not to mention how much it will cost for collectors outside of germany with extra for shipping !!! ) a flawless premium product. Hope Cinestrange will deliever.

I've only ordered their non-kung fu films like Frankenstein Girl vs Vampire Girl & Cyclops (no issues with those two), so i don't have any experience with their other titles that you noted. That is indeed troubling. The specs for the runtimes and aspect ratio is already listed. I hope you can keep us posted on any news from the German forums about this impending release.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 16-50-25 Zakato - Die Faust des Todes - Mediabook C Blu-ray DVD - Cinestrange Extreme.png

• Like 1

kuenfist

As you can see there is a mistake in the descryption.  BD runtime must be 101 minutes and the DVD 97 minutes because of the PAL speedup. And why is the aspect ratio 2.25:1. It must be 2.35:1 !!! Maybe they got a scan of a cut chinese 35mm with burnedin english and chinese hardsubs and covered the subs up and fill the caps with upscaled material from the Crash Cinema DVD. Hope i am not right here.

• Confused 1

ChillyChong
9 hours ago, kuenfist said:

I expect by a price from over 40 euros in germany ( not to mention how much it will cost for collectors outside of germany with extra for shipping !!! ) a flawless premium product. Hope Cinestrange will deliever.

42€ in D&T shop and 15 for shipping. I like only cover C. Gory one is bit disgusting and Zakato&Big fist in B is dull. But that poster for C is nice. I have fond memories of this as one of first tapes ever rented but have to give it lot thought. At least won`t be pre-ordering need to see comments about quality first.

Pity they did go to that route, for 20-25€ standard edition no hesitation. But of course we do not know yet if there ever will be cheaper release.

• Like 1

saltysam

Surely they'll be looking at using the Prime stream of Bloody Fists as their source?

• Like 1

Yihetuan
5 hours ago, saltysam said:

Surely they'll be looking at using the Prime stream of Bloody Fists as their source?

Since you've seen the Amazon Prime stream, how does it look to you? Is it cropped & an upscale?

lastninja
18 hours ago, kuenfist said:

I can also tell a story about this, in connection with the Cinestrange Edition of Ong Bak. This release was advertised with 4 physical art cards, among other things. However, these were not included in the final release. After numerous protests (not only from me), they were sent months later. However, they were printed on dirt-cheap, thin paper. The finished product really doesn't deserve to be called an "art card". I was terribly annoyed at the time. After all, I value physical goodies like these and that's why I'm willing to pay the often high price in the first place. If everything isn't delivered as promised, the whole thing is worthless to me. It's a disgrace.

• Like 2

kuenfist
1 hour ago, lastninja said:

I can also tell a story about this, in connection with the Cinestrange Edition of Ong Bak. This release was advertised with 4 physical art cards, among other things. However, these were not included in the final release. After numerous protests (not only from me), they were sent months later. However, they were printed on dirt-cheap, thin paper. The finished product really doesn't deserve to be called an "art card". I was terribly annoyed at the time. After all, I value physical goodies like these and that's why I'm willing to pay the often high price in the first place. If everything isn't delivered as promised, the whole thing is worthless to me. It's a disgrace.

This is what i am talking about. There are some niche boutique labels here in germany an austria with this problems. Sometimes it seems like they're shitting on buyers. All just for quick money. They make the industry and the good labels look bad. The other problem is there are only a few major labels in germany with special genre output left like Plaion Pictures (former Kochmedia), Capelight, Turbine. All others are very small most of the time one or two man armys. And the 2 or 3 black sheeps overshadow all. That is why i most of the time import my movies from labels outside of germany like GB, US or even France or Italy. They do better work there. But back to topic... hope Cinestrange does a great job on this important basher fu titel and do not mess it up !!!

• Like 1

saltysam
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Since you've seen the Amazon Prime stream, how does it look to you? Is it cropped & an upscale?

Here's a few caps from a 720p file, it's from multicom,who have released a few of these old school kung fu movies

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h06m48s273.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m02s604.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m18s437.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m31s151.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m43s768.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m59s311.png

• Like 3

Have a feeling I've seen a Crash Cinema dvd of that. Wide and dubbed. Image of Chen Kuan-tai sparked memories.

• Like 1

spannick

the CINESTRANGE Bloody Fists is licenced from Multicom, including the massive framecuts and the terrible tincan English Audio with some music replaced. It will be interesting what they did with that.

• Like 2

Yihetuan
On 7/9/2024 at 12:12 PM, saltysam said:

Here's a few caps from a 720p file, it's from multicom,who have released a few of these old school kung fu movies

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h06m48s273.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m02s604.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m18s437.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m31s151.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m43s768.png

vlcsnap-2024-07-09-20h07m59s311.png

After watching this Multicom print, I think the picture is quite good. If CS can get the original audio then I'll think about picking it up the mediabook. This was a good flick too. Every time Chen Sing slicked back his hair with the comb, he looked like a boss 

• Like 2

Yihetuan
On 7/9/2024 at 11:11 PM, Knetan said:

Have a feeling I've seen a Crash Cinema dvd of that. Wide and dubbed. Image of Chen Kuan-tai sparked memories.

Yeah he portended the future with the COVID face mask 😷 🤣

• Like 1

Yihetuan

retrogold63 will have JCVD/Sho Kosugi film BLACK EAGLE in a special mediabook available for pre-order this Sunday.

Black Eagle Cover A Premium Mediabook padded with 24 pages booklet!!!!

Limited to 150 copies

Artwork by Eddie Holly

The Day of the Dragon will see the release of Karate Tiger, Black Eagle and Maximum Conviction with Steven Seagal!

All 3 films will have new bonus material.The pre-sale will start on Sunday, 21.07.2024 at 7 pm!

screenshot-navigator-bs.gmx.com-2024.07.14-19_54_56.png

• Like 1

Yihetuan

Some info regarding the uncut CS Urotsukodoji mediabook. Definitely a mixed bag (AI upscaling, some spelling mistakes in the English subtitling and timing errors and some editing errors) but at the moment the best available as the Amazon Prime version is heavily edited.

https://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=742684

https://slow.pics/c/YMfS0r8o

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Some info regarding the uncut CS Urotsukodoji mediabook. Definitely a mixed bag (AI upscaling, some spelling mistakes in the English subtitling and timing errors and some editing errors) but at the moment the best available as the Amazon Prime version is heavily edited.

https://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=742684

https://slow.pics/c/YMfS0r8o

Not easy to collect the uncut OVAs and theatrical versions of part 1 and 2 (at reasonable prices) but I'll likely skip these two as I don't find the dvd versions nor laserdisc versions bad at all.

• Like 1

TheYenster
On 7/21/2024 at 12:09 AM, ChillyChong said:

Tvp is releasing 4 movie(2*BR&2*dvd)  crime collection with Lethal Panther, Drug Connection, Extreme Project & Law of Honor on August.
TVP3370_gf.jpg
https://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=86857

I have TVP's Lethal Panther on blu ray. It is quite atrocious looking. They DNR'd it quite hard and way oversaturated the colors so the whole thing has an unnatural day glow look. 

As for the other 3, seems like Drug Connection is also known as Shaw's Sexy Killer? I am aware of that movie, but I can't find any solid info on the other two at all. Anyone seen them?