Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Yihetuan

Coming from True Grit in September is Slaughter in San Francisco  with two cover variants. Fokus is putting on Don Wilson's Ring of Fire and Ring of Fire 2 on June 29.

4059251646792.jpg

4059251646808.jpg

Ring_of_Fire_2_Galerie_Keep_Case.jpg

Ring_of_Fire_1991_Galerie_Keep_Case.jpg

• Like 1

Yihetuan
21 minutes ago, saltysam said:

they seem to love Don Wilson in Germany :wink

It's like the French and Jerry Lewis.

• Haha 2

WaverBoy
On 6/3/2024 at 11:28 AM, TheYenster said:

I hadn't noticed it while watching but seeing these screenshots made me realized they used some sort of AI upscale. You can see it clearly on any of the text, like the bar sign, the dragon boat flags, or the US dollars. No wonder it looks odd, I was hoping they had gotten ahold of the Atlas master somehow but guess they just fancied up the EMS DVD. Not sure how to feel, as it still looks loads better than HKR or the Dragon Dynasty disc...

This makes me far less curious about the upcoming Bullet in the Head disc. 

The EMS DVD suffered from PAL speedup, yes? Which the HKR doesn’t suffer from.

TheYenster
On 6/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, WaverBoy said:

The EMS DVD suffered from PAL speedup, yes? Which the HKR doesn’t suffer from.

That may be so, but I checked the runtime on the Cargo disc, they clearly fixed it. It's 01:50:59, vs 01:51:04 on the region A Fortune Star blu ray which I also have. That's a 5 second difference, might be the end credits cutting sooner or something. The Dragon Dynasty bluray is 01:46:48, that's the one with the speedup. HKR's disc is 1:51:18, 16 seconds longer than Fortune Star's for some reason.

• Like 1

WaverBoy
On 6/8/2024 at 7:44 PM, TheYenster said:

That may be so, but I checked the runtime on the Cargo disc, they clearly fixed it. It's 01:50:59, vs 01:51:04 on the region A Fortune Star blu ray which I also have. That's a 5 second difference, might be the end credits cutting sooner or something. The Dragon Dynasty bluray is 01:46:48, that's the one with the speedup. HKR's disc is 1:51:18, 16 seconds longer than Fortune Star's for some reason.

Does the Cargo disc have decent subtitles and the original mono soundtrack? And where might be the best place for a fella in the US to order this from?

Yihetuan
4 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Does the Cargo disc have decent subtitles and the original mono soundtrack? And where might be the best place for a fella in the US to order this from?

https://www.grooves-inc.com/chow-yun-fat-john-woo-the-killer-uncut-version-regio-bba-films-cargo-blu-ray-pZZa1-2100967029.html

Can't say anything about the quality of the subs but it definitely has the original mono audio.

• Buddha Bless You 1

WaverBoy
6 hours ago, saltysam said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they've used Jacob's subs.

Actually I really hope that’s the case, because they are excellent.

• Haha 1

Yihetuan

Men Behind the Sun 2: Laboratory of the Devil & Men Behind the Sun 3: A Narrow Escape mediabooks are going to be released Sept 6 and are available for pre-order now with final cover art. English subtitles are confirmed. These covers are certainly more interesting than the Massacre Video ones.

Mediabook24dp-MBTS-II-D(1).jpg

Mediabook24dp-MBTS-III-D(2).jpg

Mediabook24dp-MBTS-II-B(1).jpg

Mediabook24dp-MBTS-II-C(1).jpg

Mediabook24dp-MBTS-III-A(1).jpg

Mediabook24dp-MBTS-III-B(1).jpg

• Like 1

ChillyChong

Angel Terminators is not listed anymore at D&T. Wonder if they already reached limit of how many copies they will get and removed it from site. Did not pre-order when available as with D&T usually wait if something is announced so combine to same order.. Bit surprised if it has been that strong seller(movie is good but not top tier GWG). Retrogold has it but with inferior cover and just 4 copies remaining.

ChillyChong

This one I haven't seen but great cast. Shamrock did not mentioned release day, just coming in 2024

img_1_1718937237336.jpg

• Like 3

spannick
On 6/20/2024 at 10:20 AM, ChillyChong said:

Angel Terminators is not listed anymore at D&T. Wonder if they already reached limit of how many copies they will get and removed it from site. Did not pre-order when available as with D&T usually wait if something is announced so combine to same order.. Bit surprised if it has been that strong seller(movie is good but not top tier GWG). Retrogold has it but with inferior cover and just 4 copies remaining.

it was never available before in Germany (it's a new dub done by Shamrock) so nobody in Germany was able to hold on older versions and / or was eager to finally see it at all, plus it's HD and remastered from crappy Versions.

• Like 2

Yihetuan

I previously mentioned that Cinestrange is working on Ng See-Yuen's The Bloody Fists and now it's ready to be released on August 30. World premier in HD & English friendly.

Cinestrange Extreme has announced an HD premiere. The independent is releasing the martial arts action film "Zakato - The Fist of Death" (Hong Kong 1972; original title: "Dang kou tan") with Sing Chen, Kuan Tai Chen and Ta-Chuan Liu on Blu-ray Disc for the first time. The release will take place on August 30, 2024 in a limited media book including DVD. The special edition also includes an 84-page booklet by Oliver Sodemann and Christoph N. Kellerbach. There are a total of three cover designs to choose from. A media book version is available for purchase in padded form. Image coding in 1080p, AVC and German and English mono sound in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 are used. Also included are German and English subtitles, the shorter Mandarin version, a picture gallery, the original trailer and a trailer show

Zakato_Die_Faust_des_Todes_Galerie_Mediabook_Cover_A.jpg

Zakato_Die_Faust_des_Todes_Galerie_Mediabook_Cover_B.jpg

Zakato_Die_Faust_des_Todes_Galerie_Mediabook_Cover_C.jpg

• Like 3

WaverBoy
On 12/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, Yihetuan said:

Cinestrange Extreme is releasing Urotsukidohi - Legend of the Overfiend in a blu ray mediabook edition. English friendly.

Keep your eyes open. We'll announce a release date as soon as we can be sure we can stick to it! The media book will contain three versions. An Ultimate Cut (Cinestrange long version) with a running length of approx. 129 minutes, a 35mm version (sampled from a Russian cinema reel) and the international HD version. For the first time in German and with over 200 minutes of bonus material, including an interview with Toshio Maeda, the soundtrack digitized from the LPs, picture galleries, promo videos, a picture-in-picture comparison of different versions, trailers, teasers and much more. Language(s): German, Japanese - Subtitles: German, English. Image format: 1.33:1 (16:9). The booklet text comes from Christoph N. Kellerbach and will contain 64 pages of pure reading pleasure. Please share this post with your friends who would also be looking forward to this masterpiece of anime horror.

Even more interesting for me is in their "coming soon" section they have Ng See-yuen's The Bloody Fists being restored for a future blu ray release.

Screenshot_2023-12-06 Coming Soon - Cinestrange Extreme.png

I’ll be all over this! Haven’t watched it since my VHS boot back in the early ‘90s, which wasn’t subtitled.

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I previously mentioned that Cinestrange is working on Ng See-Yuen's The Bloody Fists and now it's ready to be released on August 30. World premier in HD & English friendly.

I didn't know that the Mandarin version was cut.

saltysam

Are Cinestrange releases usually available on Amazon,Grooves etc? I wonder if Bloody Fists is using the same HD print that's been on Amazon Prime

RebelIntruder
On 6/20/2024 at 10:36 PM, ChillyChong said:

This one I haven't seen but great cast. 

Slut pants.  Definitely worth getting.

• Love 1

Yihetuan
22 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That Ricky-Oh cover with Henry Yu's fist just pulverizing that skull into a bloody mess is pretty fucking cool but Cinestrange is charging a surcharge of up to 10 euros extra for it. Not sure it's worth it. Might just stick to the original poster artwork versions.

@saltysam yes, that's where I bought my previous Cinestrange blu rays.

• Like 2

CountVertigo
On 6/20/2024 at 10:36 PM, ChillyChong said:

This one I haven't seen but great cast. Shamrock did not mentioned release day, just coming in 2024

img_1_1718937237336.jpg

This is legit one of my favorite films of all time. Worth a blind buy if you don't get a chance to watch it before the preorder goes up. 

CountVertigo
On 6/22/2024 at 3:45 PM, RebelIntruder said:

Slut pants.  Definitely worth getting.

Canary yellow hypebeast sweatsuit, just all the style in this one.

• Like 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

anyone who missed out on the earlier Shamrock mediabooks sold via retrogold63 still has a chance to buy their few remaining copies other than Ninja in the Dragon's Den which is sold out.

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 18-56-43 Retro Gold 63.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

actionfan93
On 6/23/2024 at 8:58 PM, Yihetuan said:

anyone who missed out on the earlier Shamrock mediabooks sold via retrogold63 still has a chance to buy their few remaining copies other than Ninja in the Dragon's Den which is sold out.

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 18-56-43 Retro Gold 63.png

I missed out unfortunately on Queens high anybody get one of the originals did i miss out on an action movie gem?

Yihetuan

Shamrock releasing 2K remastered mediabooks of Iron Angels 1 + 2 later this year.

iron-angels-2-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a-de.jpg

iron-angels-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a-de.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

pachito23
5 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Shamrock releasing 2K remastered mediabooks of Iron Angels 1 + 2 later this year.

Fingers crossed. Resd it on Facebook yesterday

iron-angels-2-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a-de.jpg

iron-angels-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a-de.jpg