Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

saltysam
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

Careful with such statement. There is already a a German DVD of Project S (Same title: Mega Cop) released about 2 years ago by the same company. It would be interesting to see how the Blu-ray upscale compares to that one. I suspect it's pretty much the same, probably with some artificial grain added, as this company has done before already with other releases.

i have the previous DVD you are referring to. What i suspect is they've upscaled that print and probably added artificial grain like you said. But it still looks the best i've seen it. I've had the old cut Dimension DVD and the shitty UK M.I.A. DVD previously. I am curious about the english dub on this, as i thought an english dub only existed for the cut Dimension disc.

Edited by saltysam

Kevin Chan
1 hour ago, saltysam said:

i have the previous DVD

Me too and it does look pretty good, actually the best I've seen on a commercial release. Dunno if it's legit, though (it's Cargo after all..). The question is is the Blu actually better or just pseudo-better?

Also yeah the price for the new Blu is way too high for what's on it.

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

from the disc

from the DVD or Blu-ray?

Kevin Chan

Also interesting notes added in the OFDb entry for the Project S Blu:

https://www.ofdb.de/fassung/2103,496452,Mega-Cop/

Rough Translation:

Could be a bootleg. The film can be licensed from Park Circus and Warner, but then the logos from these companies as well as copyright notes must be present. Which they are not.

Yihetuan

FilmArt is releasing a double pack of Virgin of the Seven Seas + The Duel in a couple weeks. The specs only list Virgin of the Seven Seas has being English friendly but I could've sworn the previous edition of The Duel also had English subs?

ShawBrothers-DoubleF__3D-blau.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 17-01-13 Karate Küsse Blonde Katzen Ti Lung - Duell ohne Gnade Blu-ray (Virgins of the Seven Seas & Duel of the Iron Fists _ Yang ji & Da jue dou _ 洋妓&大決鬥 _ Shaw Brothers Double Feature) (Germany).png

• Like 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, saltysam said:

i have the previous DVD you are referring to. What i suspect is they've upscaled that print and probably added artificial grain like you said. But it still looks the best i've seen it. I've had the old cut Dimension DVD and the shitty UK M.I.A. DVD previously. I am curious about the english dub on this, as i thought an english dub only existed for the cut Dimension disc.

I just got a hold of this a couple of days ago and I also have the previous DVD as well. I never did a side by side comparison but if it's an improvement over the DVD, it's very marginal at best. Definitely looks like an upscale. But is it my imagination or did they revise the subs on this release as it appears a better translation?

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Kevin Chan
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

FilmArt is releasing a double pack of Virgin of the Seven Seas + The Duel in a couple weeks.

I like that label, they are usually doing good work. But that's an odd combination.. Where do you file it in the shelf? 😅

• Haha 1

Kevin Chan
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Yes I probably put too much faith in this listing where it says it has English subs but like you confirmed, it's not accurate

Just for good measure I just checked the actual disc and it does indeed not feature english subtitles. :(

saltysam
Posted (edited)

Yeah there were a few Shaw titles in Germany, Celestial wouldn't allow english subs. Guess this title was one of them.

Edited by saltysam

Yihetuan

All the exclusive HK covers are sold out except this one atm but I went ahead and stuck with the standard cover.

Untitled.png

1 minute ago, Yihetuan said:

All the exclusive HK covers are sold out except this one atm but I went ahead and stuck with the standard cover.

Untitled.png

I got lucky and was able to get my preferred Cover E.  Both sold out in like a min.  

I was also lucky to get my preferred cover  G of No Retreat No Sutrender 2 😀 

I am so glad that they release these on Sundays.  I hope all releases are at this day and time.

• Like 1

Yihetuan
1 minute ago, Jinha said:

I got lucky and was able to get my preferred Cover E.  Both sold out in like a min.  

I am so glad that they release these on Sundays.  I hope all releases are at this day and time.

I know the exclusive covers are faithful to the original poster art for the film but i don't think they look very good. I actually prefer the Mariano Mattos newly commissioned artwork instead.

https://www.instagram.com/marianomattosart/?img_index=1

pachito23
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jinha said:

I was able to get the F-cover I wanted. I think this time the pre-order started slightly before 7 PM

I did not like the others too much. image.jpeg.b5c61d648d56bba185da67c703328502.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by pachito23

CountVertigo

I just went with cover C for Angel Terminators, I really like the orange/blue contrast design.

Still upset I missed the HK covers on Queen's High, I've got one of the playing card/wedding dress posters on my wall. The Dreaming the Reality one I got is the one with the Thai poster, which I also have.

I think I might break when ATII comes out and just buy the set. It's absolutely my favorite Girls with Guns film and one of my favorite films ever.

• Like 2

Yihetuan
43 minutes ago, CountVertigo said:

I just went with cover C for Angel Terminators, I really like the orange/blue contrast design.

Still upset I missed the HK covers on Queen's High, I've got one of the playing card/wedding dress posters on my wall. The Dreaming the Reality one I got is the one with the Thai poster, which I also have.

I think I might break when ATII comes out and just buy the set. It's absolutely my favorite Girls with Guns film and one of my favorite films ever.

Same here even though I already have those two films with English subs on blu ray (customs of the Spectrum releases). Just like last time, retrogold63 has exclusive rights to them now but AT (non-exclusive covers) will eventually make it to other online retailers (I imagine the usual like wicked-vison, dvdparedies, D&T, etc) soon.

• Like 1

Yihetuan

TG VisionGate/Cargo will be releasing Bruce Lee's Secret on blu ray from a 2K master with a bonus film in September.

81E9swQ4IPL._SL1500_.jpg

Das_Geheimnis_der_Todeskralle_Galerie_Cover_A.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

saltysam
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

TG VisionGate/Cargo will be releasing Bruce Lee's Secret on blu ray from a 2K master with a bonus film in September.

81E9swQ4IPL._SL1500_.jpg

Das_Geheimnis_der_Todeskralle_Galerie_Cover_A.jpg

please be english friendly.Possibly my favourite Bruce Li movie.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm

Bruce lee secret should have been on the Clones volume 1 set! 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
2 hours ago, saltysam said:

please be english friendly.Possibly my favourite Bruce Li movie.

I still remember when MW was trying to crowdfund this release during COVID, so that means he still has the 35mm and can do a 2K remaster. Whatever happened to Deadly Silver Dragon & Duel of the 7 Tigers? They were supposed to be the next Pearl River release from VCI?

• Like 2

Super Ninja
22 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I still remember when MW was trying to crowdfund this release during COVID, so that means he still has the 35mm and can do a 2K remaster. Whatever happened to Deadly Silver Dragon & Duel of the 7 Tigers? They were supposed to be the next Pearl River release from VCI?

Yeah, Duel of the 7 Tigers was announced and seemed like a done deal, not sure about Deadly Silver Dragon, wasn't that title part of the same crowdfunding campaign?

If Worth is planing to release Bruce Lee's Secret, I'll gladly skip the German release. If not, this might be a must for me.

• Like 2