Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

actionfan93

Is there any chance of a release of 1995s the red wolf coming down the line is that one a label might pick up or less likely?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you're keen on the film, am sure the 2 disc UK dvd is still out there, at reasonable prices. Don't wait.

Edited by Knetan
  • Like 2

ChillyChong
2 hours ago, Knetan said:

If you're keen on the film, as sure the 2 disc UK dvd is still out there, at reasonable prices. Don't wait.

That is well worth owning. Even if br would be released going to buy it but unless they port tasty extras hkl disc has it  is still one to keep in collection.

IMG_20240407_201043.jpg

• Like 1

actionfan93
3 hours ago, Knetan said:

If you're keen on the film, as sure the 2 disc UK dvd is still out there, at reasonable prices. Don't wait.

thanks for the info I am not sure if this is something 88,Eureka or any label would go after the rights for no idea who even has the rights

spannick

you won't ever see a GERMAN release for RED WOLF (no dub was done and the movie has zero stars to be worth a new dub to appeal to German audiences).

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

actionfan93
1 minute ago, spannick said:

you won't ever see a GERMAN release for RED WOLF (no dub was done and the movie has zero stars to be worth a new dub to appeal to German audiences).

thanks for the info and its probably not worth it for Eureka,88,or any of the big name labels to go after even if somehow a restoration exists which it probably does not so probably too much risk not enough reward if any label had any interest in it

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

thanks for the info I am not sure if this is something 88,Eureka or any label would go after the rights for no idea who even has the rights

According to the back of the Tokyo Shock DVD which came out in 2005 (I didn't know that they had ever released this film), Golden Network Asia Limited is the distributor for Red Wolf. Looks like they are still active, so there is a chance that they have a decent master for this film.

• Like 1

ChillyChong

Dragon from russia is coming on May 17th. D&T and amazon lists only german audio(eng subs). I have love&hate relationship with movie, owned HK golden cinema city rental tape first. It was so worn colours disappeared soon after movie started or tape was originally faulty. After that owned HK and HKL dvds. Years ago thought it is movie I do not need to see ever again. However if original audio is available would not be surprised if this ends up to shopping cart next month.

816hkT7oYpL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

saltysam

Received the German blu ray of Project S-Supercop. Despite it not mentioning it on the cover it includes the english dub as well as cantonese and german audio (has english subs) case says it's a region-free disc. No extras at all by the looks of it, just the movie, pretty expensive for a barebones release.

• Like 3

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Dragon from russia is coming on May 17th. D&T and amazon lists only german audio(eng subs). I have love&hate relationship with movie, owned HK golden cinema city rental tape first. It was so worn colours disappeared soon after movie started or tape was originally faulty. After that owned HK and HKL dvds. Years ago thought it is movie I do not need to see ever again. However if original audio is available would not be surprised if this ends up to shopping cart next month.

816hkT7oYpL._SL1500_.jpg

I didn't like this movie at all. If someone is interested in it, I'm selling my dvd...

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Received the German blu ray of Project S-Supercop. Despite it not mentioning it on the cover it includes the english dub as well as cantonese and german audio (has english subs) case says it's a region-free disc. No extras at all by the looks of it, just the movie, pretty expensive for a barebones release.

Michelle Yeoh and Jackie? Is it the same that ha been released by Eureka?

saltysam

No,it's the spin off from PS3 , starting Michelle Yeohs character.Jackie has  cameo in this .the German blu ray is called Mega Cop

• Buddha Bless You 1

RebelIntruder
On 3/31/2024 at 11:45 AM, saltysam said:

I've tried 3 of those Barry Prima movies and I've given up. not for me 😄

I can see why they'd not be to everyone's taste, but I love Devil Sword.

Yihetuan

Panna Rittikrai's Vengeance of An Assassin is getting a 2K remaster blu ray release in late June from TG Visiongate.

the-killer---a-new-generation-2k-remastered-de.jpg

• Like 2

pachito23
8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Michelle Yeoh and Jackie? Is it the same that ha been released by Eureka?

image.png.845de88561b2957b999bb5091871325b.pngHas been released a while ago on DVD in France. You should give it a try. 

• Like 1

CountVertigo

Hi, what company is releasing Beauty Investigator, and where should I be looking at to purchase it from the U.S.? I've been buying Shamrock's GWG stuff from Retro Gold, but this scene is pretty new to me.

Yihetuan
11 hours ago, CountVertigo said:

Hi, what company is releasing Beauty Investigator, and where should I be looking at to purchase it from the U.S.? I've been buying Shamrock's GWG stuff from Retro Gold, but this scene is pretty new to me.

I personally recommend grooves. Never had an issue with them and they answer customer inquiries quickly.

https://www.grooves-inc.com/yukari-oshima-moon-lee-lady-hunter-version-regio-vision-cargo-dvd-pZZa1-2101084890.html

• Like 1

Yihetuan

Speaking of retrogold63, they released the final two covers for Angel Terminators & alternate cover for No Retreat, No Surrender 2.

screenshot-navigator-bs.gmx.com-2024.04.09-17_52_53.png

screenshot-navigator-bs.gmx.com-2024.04.09-17_55_19.png

screenshot-navigator-bs.gmx.com-2024.04.09-17_53_55.png

• Like 4

WaverBoy
On 4/8/2024 at 11:54 AM, saltysam said:

How’s the A/V? Is the Cantonese track the original one, or is it a remix?

saltysam
2 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

How’s the A/V? Is the Cantonese track the original one, or is it a remix?

it's Dolby digital 2.0. Not an expert on remixes so unsure if original. As for transfer, i suspect it's an upscale.Best it's looked as this film has always looked like ass but unless a big fan of the movie it's way overpriced for what it is.

• Like 1

Yihetuan

Just like the Queen's High and Dreaming the Reality mediabook releases, retrogold63 will have 3 exclusive covers for Angel Terminators. Tbh, I don't think these warrant any upgrade over the standard covers.

angel-terminators-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-d.jpg

angel-terminators-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-e.jpg

angel-terminators-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-f.jpg

• Like 2

ShawAngela
52 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Just like the Queen's High and Dreaming the Reality mediabook releases, retrogold63 will have 3 exclusive covers for Angel Terminators. Tbh, I don't think these warrant any upgrade over the standard covers.

angel-terminators-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-d.jpg

angel-terminators-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-e.jpg

angel-terminators-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-f.jpg

I prefer by far the ones that have been shown earlier in this thread!

• Like 1

WaverBoy
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 10:13 AM, saltysam said:

it's Dolby digital 2.0. Not an expert on remixes so unsure if original. As for transfer, i suspect it's an upscale.Best it's looked as this film has always looked like ass but unless a big fan of the movie it's way overpriced for what it is.

I might have to pick this up then, all I have is a really shitty old UK PAL DVD converted from an NTSC master so it looks SUPER shitty converting it back to NTSC!

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 1

Kevin Chan
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 7:13 PM, saltysam said:

Best it's looked

Careful with such statement. There is already a a German DVD of Project S (Same title: Mega Cop) released about 2 years ago by the same company. It would be interesting to see how the Blu-ray upscale compares to that one. I suspect it's pretty much the same, probably with some artificial grain added, as this company has done before already with other releases.

Edited by Kevin Chan