Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

WaverBoy
On 6/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, saltysam said:

Coming in the next few months

cityon.jpg

Is this Blu of City on Fire an SD upscale, or is it true HD? And is it cursed with a remixed Cantonese track with horrible newer sound effects, or is it the original Cantonese mono track? Can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance!

ChillyChong
Posted (edited)

Beauty Investigator will be released on May. Used to have american dvd but don`t remember how was movie. Well, essential purchase of course. English audio, no subs listed.

162474_gf.jpg

And first Warrior movie is coming next month although that news would have been lot more exciting before Mondo Macabro said they are releasing trilogy box.

162690_gf.jpg

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Beauty Investigator will be released on May. Used to have american dvd but don`t remember how was movie. Well, essential purchase of course. English audio, no subs listed.

162474_gf.jpg

And first Warrior movie is coming next month although that news would have been lot more exciting before Mondo Macabro said they are releasing trilogy box.

162690_gf.jpg

Shame it's only DVD and that's a pretty gnarly and gory cover of the The Warrior lol. Much prefer that one to the MM cover.

Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story is coming out in May in mediabook format from retrogold63 with different covers. English audio + subs.

dragon---die-bruce-lee-story-year-of-the-dragon-edition-1-limited-mediabook-edition-2.jpg

dragon---die-bruce-lee-story-year-of-the-dragon-edition-1-limited-mediabook-edition-3.jpg

dragon---die-bruce-lee-story-year-of-the-dragon-edition-1-limited-mediabook-edition-4.jpg

dragon---die-bruce-lee-story-year-of-the-dragon-edition-1-limited-mediabook-edition-5.jpg

dragon---die-bruce-lee-story-year-of-the-dragon-edition-limited-mediabook-edition-.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 6

ChillyChong
51 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story is coming out in May in mediabook format from retrogold63 with different covers. English audio + subs.

dragon---die-bruce-lee-story-year-of-the-dragon-edition-1-limited-mediabook-edition-2.jpg

Upper part is one of the best ever in any cover arts and as a whole it is neat looking. Movie is ok but not something will need as more luxury edition.

pachito23
On 3/29/2024 at 7:29 AM, ChillyChong said:

162474_gf.jpg

162690_gf.jpg

No Indonesian audio track for Jaka aka the Warrior…this calls for a custom, no? 

spannick
6 hours ago, pachito23 said:

JAKA THE WARRIOR does have indonesian audio on the german blu

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

saltysam

I've tried 3 of those Barry Prima movies and I've given up. not for me 😄

• Haha 1

Yihetuan
14 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I'm the opposite, I loves me some Barry Prima. I can't wait till the Mondo Macabro trilogy box set is announced. First day purchase!

• Like 3

ChillyChong
14 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I loved them in past when saw from tape. Haven`t seen them since not sure do I like them anymore but certainly are on shopping list. Either german brs or more preferrably MM boxset at late summer or when it is. However if it is region A locked then buy just 1 german release first to see if I still like them or has taste changed. I liked Devis sword though recently.

• Like 1

ChillyChong

432231885_462125009670506_62361713613528

Pre-order will start this sunday at retrogold store, and most likely bit later elsewhere.

• Like 4

ShawAngela
7 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Pre-order will start this sunday at retrogold store, and most likely bit later elsewhere.

Beautiful art. I would love to see Naughty boys getting a good release. I missed this movie when it was still available and I can't find it anywhere, or if I find it, it's so pricey that I can forget the hope to get it...

Yihetuan
9 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Beautiful art. I would love to see Naughty boys getting a good release. I missed this movie when it was still available and I can't find it anywhere, or if I find it, it's so pricey that I can forget the hope to get it...

I agree. Naughty Boys deserves a Blu ray release. Kara Hui is particularly good in it & love the finale. I used to have the Joy Sales DVD but lost it during a move many years ago.

Yihetuan
21 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Didn't someone post that this going to get a release from Eureka?

ChillyChong
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Didn't someone post that this going to get a release from Eureka?

Are they???Well I rather get Girls with Guns sooner than later and cheaper price tag would be only incentive as won`t listen commentary tracks. It is possible some interviews could be there but as much as like Eureka! they sadly failed to deliver announced for Slaugher in San Francisco(Sylvia Chang) and Michiko&Cynthia Khan doe ITLOD4.

Yihetuan
39 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Are they???Well I rather get Girls with Guns sooner than later and cheaper price tag would be only incentive as won`t listen commentary tracks. It is possible some interviews could be there but as much as like Eureka! they sadly failed to deliver announced for Slaugher in San Francisco(Sylvia Chang) and Michiko&Cynthia Khan doe ITLOD4.

Not 100% sure if I read that here or on another forum. Just wanted verification.

actionfan93
6 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Angel Terminators 2 shouldn't be far behind then hoping Shamrock releases Iron Angels 1 and 4 in the fall

• Like 1

Yihetuan
On 4/2/2024 at 3:48 PM, actionfan93 said:

Angel Terminators 2 shouldn't be far behind then hoping Shamrock releases Iron Angels 1 and 4 in the fall

Shamrock already released the cover art for that months ago.

412945355_780622094062552_4620211597187818560_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

actionfan93
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Shamrock already released the cover art for that months ago.

412945355_780622094062552_4620211597187818560_n.jpg

he mentioned Angel Terminators was up for pre order sunday I was assuming the 2nd movie was hopefully not to far behind in it being released

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 1

Yihetuan
13 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

he mentioned Angel Terminators was up for pre order sunday I was assuming the 2nd movie was hopefully not to far behind in it being released

Is that a retrogold63 exclusive for that pre-order?

actionfan93
4 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Is that a retrogold63 exclusive for that pre-order?

so far thats the only one Ive seen it on but that pre-order was moved back to the 14th per retro golds statement on their facebook page

Yihetuan

The Chuck Norris action/comedy Sidekicks is getting a scanavo blu ray release from Shamrock. Due out end of May with two different covers and English audio. This did receive a 4K UHD release over here from VS.

4059251638346.jpg

4059251638339.jpg

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 3/31/2024 at 9:23 AM, pachito23 said:

i haven't watched The Warrior since vhs in the mid 80's. 

pachito23
14 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

So far I have only watched an Indoonesian crappy version I found somewhere on the net. Did not have any subs .. but, since my wife is Indonesian she did some translation :BL-Delicious:

Btw, she was born in the same town as Billy Chong. Suzzanna aka Ratu Horror also spent the last years of her life there 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

I believe that VHS UK version was cut. The MM dvd is the only one I'm aware that is uncut until this German version. I read this German blu ray will also feature a different cut of the film as a bonus feature. Here's the violent gory German trailer provided by our @spannick.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

spannick

the UK VHS was cut, yes, there will be a cut-report for it later on movie-censorship.com, it was also totally unwatchable cropped fullscreen, of course.  The second edit on the German blu is the old German Edit, which was missing some tedious dialogue scenes to fasten up the movie. (it will also have same languages as the uncut version)

• Like 2