Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

On 2/3/2024 at 3:28 AM, ironfistedmonk said:

Are those films only available on retrogold?  I can't verify my age on their website and it's mandatory :( 

I had that issue too when I did a test order beforehand so I troubleshoot any issues.  I think that is required for "adult" films but not needed to order other films.  It let me pay for my test order of Beowulf.  And today, it let me order do my order for Ninja in Dragons Den, Queens High, and Dreaming the Reality.

So unless they contact me later saying I'm not verified, my order went through and my payment went through already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jinha said:

I had that issue too when I did a test order beforehand so I troubleshoot any issues.  I think that is required for "adult" films but not needed to order other films.  It let me pay for my test order of Beowulf.  And today, it let me order do my order for Ninja in Dragons Den, Queens High, and Dreaming the Reality.

So unless they contact me later saying I'm not verified, my order went through and my payment went through already.

Same here. My order and payment went through. There's no option to verify your age with a US ID anyway but I wouldn't want to upload my driver's license to them even if they had accepted it. So if they cancel my order due to the "age verification" thing, oh well...

Had a rough night and woke up late today. So all the nice looking "exclusive to retrogold63" covers were sold out & I had to settle for the generic looking ones...I should've set my alarm lol...the early bird gets the worm.

49 minutes ago, pachito23 said:

Grab the last copies before they also sell out !!!

image.png.587b32b3678de42ac665f69c60106cba.png

image.png.b564c3f99e05fbdeaa0ea3686ea979c7.png

image.png.c7872872a80c8df1f10c991d6b567287.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Believe me these went super fast I was bang on 7pm Added all the exclusive ones I wanted in my shopping basket proceeded to check out went to confirm PayPal payment and then one of my items sold out damn I was disappointed so I had to change my order oh well got two of the exclusive ones so not bad

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Believe me these went super fast I was bang on 7pm Added all the exclusive ones I wanted in my shopping basket proceeded to check out went to confirm PayPal payment and then one of my items sold out damn I was disappointed so I had to change my order oh well got two of the exclusive ones so not bad

Queens High card cover sold out in 2 minutes...I timed it.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

pachito23
6 hours ago, Jinha said:

Queens High card cover sold out in 2 minutes...I timed it.

Did you get one?

pachito23
6 hours ago, Graysman said:

I started refreshing my browser every 10 seconds at 6:57 PM and had opened 3 separate windows for the versions I selected. I got what I wanted. But was worried the payment process could take too long. 

23 minutes ago, pachito23 said:

Did you get one?

Yes I got Queens High cover D which I personally preferred Blood Sisters cover E and Ninja Konmando I wanted cover F, but it went so quickly as I added all 3 in the basket went to check out and Nina Kommando sold out so Had to choose cover B so I’m happy 😃 I got the other two exclusives hope everyone got their desired ones too.

Fortunately they had the ability to add to cart from the main page so I didn't have to waste time looking at each individual page.  I got my initial want of covers D for Queens High and Ninja in Dragons Den and cover E for Dreaming the Reality.  I secured that within the first minute.  Then I started thinking if I wanted the card cover as well but it was too late. 

They look nice releases but very expensive, if they've had genuine remasters then they'll get a Eureka or 88 release eventually, I'll wait for those.unless it's must have not prepared to pay the prices in most cases anymore.

4 minutes ago, saltysam said:

They look nice releases but very expensive, if they've had genuine remasters then they'll get a Eureka or 88 release eventually, I'll wait for those.unless it's must have not prepared to pay the prices in most cases anymore.

I can see Ninja in Dragons Den being released by Arrow or Eureka.  I don't see the other two being released...hope I'm wrong but I doubt they will be.

ironfistedmonk
22 hours ago, Jinha said:

Yeah I thought I'd try and place an order without creating an account and it seems to have gone through, fingers crossed

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

It's actually smart to wait this out & see if the other established players release this for the UK/US market & if they do, I'll just end up double dipping & selling these off to recoup some of the cost back.

• Like 3

actionfan93
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

It's actually smart to wait this out & see if the other established players release this for the UK/US market & if they do, I'll just end up double dipping & selling these off to recoup some of the cost back.

but arent these region free if they are what incentive do 88 or Eureka or another label have to get the rights?

16 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

but arent these region free if they are what incentive do 88 or Eureka or another label have to get the rights?

I'd upgrade for Frank Djeng commentary & English supplements and Frederic Ambrosine interviews alone.

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

Eureka and 88 released Yes Madam,Royal Warriors and Inspector Wears Skirts after they'd been released in Germany .

actionfan93
4 hours ago, saltysam said:

Eureka and 88 released Yes Madam,Royal Warriors and Inspector Wears Skirts after they'd been released in Germany .

but weren't those german releases region locked whereas these coming from Shamrock are said to be region-free

9 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I'd upgrade for Frank Djeng commentary & English supplements and Frederic Ambrosine interviews alone.

there is a Arnaud Lanuque  interview with Ben Lan on Shamrock "BLOOD SISTER" release, and it's included as English friendly version also, just as info.

• Like 1

Mr. Banker Films is releasing Hapkido in two red keep case blu rays. Expected release date is Sept 20. The previously announced mediabooks have been canceled. English subs and dub. Completely uncut version is available in Germany for the first time.

hapkido-2k-remastered-limited-edition-cover-a-vorab.jpg

hapkido-2k-remastered-limited-edition-cover-b-vorab.jpg

• Like 1

lastninja
On 2/7/2024 at 3:33 AM, Yihetuan said:

... The previously announced mediabooks have been canceled. ...

What a shame.

ShawAngela
On 2/7/2024 at 3:33 AM, Yihetuan said:

The previously announced mediabooks have been canceled.

Did they explain why?

I highly doubt the german release of Hapkido would best the Eureka version. Unless a mediabook collector seemed a needlessly expensive way of getting hold of a readily available title.

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Wicked Vision are also stocking some the Shamrock Mediabooks, don't know if they work out cheaper with shipping

https://www.wicked-shop.com/en/dvd-blu-ray/

I've used them in the past & never had any issues. I think their shipping might be a bit cheaper since they use both Deutsche Post & DHL but we're not talking about a huge difference here.

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Did they explain why?

If they did, I'm not aware of it. Maybe some of our German members can elaborate further?