Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

RebelIntruder
10 hours ago, pachito23 said:

The Deadly Kick of the Yellow Cat...

Seems like 90% of German titles for kung fu films are either "Shaolin", "Bruce Lee" or "yellow" + some animal.  And you occasionally get "slanted eyes" thrown in for good measure IE Die Schlitzaugen mit dem Superschlag for Incredible Kung Fu Master.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, RebelIntruder said:

Seems like 90% of German titles for kung fu films are either "Shaolin", "Bruce Lee" or "yellow" + some animal.  And you occasionally get "slanted eyes" thrown in for good measure IE Die Schlitzaugen mit dem Superschlag for Incredible Kung Fu Master.

racist wonder showzen GIF

• Like 1

lastninja

As a distant nephew of Gyro Gearloose, I invented a generator for German titles for Kung Fu films.

Simply take one word from the following word groups and combine them, adding the appropriate articles or intermediate words.

Wordgroup 1: Deadly, Dangerous, Fatal, Relentless, Last, Hardhitting, ...

Wordgroup 2: Fists, Duels, Kicks, Masters, Webs, Avengers, Deathclaws, Hellhounds, Screams, Curlers, Underpants, ...

Wordgroup 3: Shaolin, Death, Ninjas, Yellow Cats, Bruce Lee, Ironpalms, Panther, ...

This way you get titles where it doesn't matter if the film is any good, as it alone will attract enough attention.

Examples: "Relentless Masters with Ironpalms", "Deadly Deathclaws of Death" or "Fatal Avengers of the Ninjas".

Yes. I'm going to get rich. Ha.

I would like to point out that I will apply for a patent on this and I alone own the copyright.

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

ChillyChong

Pre-orders for Ninja in dragons den, Queens`s High and Dreaming the reality should be up on retrogold store this sunday. Probably wait for reviews of NIDD(HKL dvd is quite good with solid extras) but other 2 are absolutely essentials.

422637638_423839930165681_33732748494667

• Like 3

TG Vision Gate is releasing Clarence Fok's The Dragon from Russia on blu ray on May 17. Technical specs TBD but I'm currently getting confirmation if it'll be English friendly. I will amend this post as necessary.

The_Dragon_from_Russia_Galerie.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

TheYenster

Sorry if this is old talk but I'm new here. I've bought digibooks from Amazon de in the past but what are the most reliable alternatives that most of you use? I've seen DVD Paradies and RetroGold mentioned, any others? Would prefer if they take paypal and ship to Canada.

Any site besides Amazon de that carries Cargo's The Killer AND John Woo's Sunset Warriors? Would like to save on some shipping. Definitely getting Queen's High and Dreaming the Reality though! 

16 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

TG Vision Gate is releasing Clarence Fok's The Dragon from Russia on blu ray on May 17. Technical specs TBD but I'm currently getting confirmation if it'll be English friendly. I will amend this post as necessary.

This has been confirmed to include both English subs & audio.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheYenster said:

Sorry if this is old talk but I'm new here. I've bought digibooks from Amazon de in the past but what are the most reliable alternatives that most of you use? I've seen DVD Paradies and RetroGold mentioned, any others? Would prefer if they take paypal and ship to Canada.

Any site besides Amazon de that carries Cargo's The Killer AND John Woo's Sunset Warriors? Would like to save on some shipping. Definitely getting Queen's High and Dreaming the Reality though! 

The most affordable option for North American customers is hoping diabolikdvd gets a hold of these, barring that scenario the options you listed are all the same in terms of international shipping, taking PayPal etc with the exception of D&T as they only take credit cards.

• Like 1

ShawAngela
12 hours ago, TheYenster said:

Dvd paradies, jpdc.de for non FSK 18 movies, and Groovesland also sell German releases and ship worldwide with paypal.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Dvd paradies, jpdc.de for non FSK 18 movies, and Groovesland also sell German releases and ship worldwide with paypal.

Grooves does not carry Shamrock Media titles (which eliminates 3 out of 4 titles he mentioned) but they do carry all the labels Cargo distributes.

• Like 1

MobFu1972
19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Is there a purchase link for these?

13 minutes ago, MobFu1972 said:

Is there a purchase link for these?

Not yet since it's still 3 months out from the release date. But the Shamrock titles should be available in a couple more days at least at retrogold63.

So the Shamrock mediabook release of Ninja in the Dragon's Den will have 6 cover variants with 4 being exclusive to retrogold63's online shop. These will be up this Sunday for pre-order.

ninja-kommando-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a-de.jpg

ninja-kommando-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-b-de.jpg

ninja-kommando-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-c.jpg

ninja-kommando-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-d-de.jpg

ninja-kommando-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-e-de.jpg

ninja-kommando-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-f-de.jpg

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 2

sifu iron perm
On 1/30/2024 at 5:32 PM, ChillyChong said:

Pre-orders for Ninja in dragons den, Queens`s High and Dreaming the reality should be up on retrogold store this sunday. Probably wait for reviews of NIDD(HKL dvd is quite good with solid extras) but other 2 are absolutely essentials.

422637638_423839930165681_33732748494667

That's a crazy cover sleeve! I love it!

• Like 2

ChillyChong
18 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

That's a crazy cover sleeve! I love it!

I have crush on cynthia khan.moon lee is maybe cuter but ck has incredible attractive level

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

pachito23

Here is an iverview of the different covers...I'm so excited
image.png.0b4a4c5d80ba388d957c761e2e050794.png

Edited by pachito23
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

They won't ship it outside Germany since it's a FSK 18 movie...

Also @MobFu1972can just wait until grooves lists it & the shipping will be 3x less expensive. Not worth ordering Cargo titles from JPC if you live in North America.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Those covers are great! Really tempting to buy

I wonder if they ship to Quebec

Just do a "mock order" & see how much shipping is to Canada.

TheYenster

Thanks for those who replied to me about good shops.

Just did a mock order on RetroGold. Sadly it doesn't seem they ship to Canada. US and UK yes but no "Kanada" from the drop down at check out. Unless using pay pal express check out circumvents that. Dreaming the Reality and Queen's High have been on my most wanted list for years! What are my options? Alternatives? 

ironfistedmonk

Are those films only available on retrogold?  I can't verify my age on their website and it's mandatory :( 

for me it seems, as it is now, retrogold first wants to sell these amounts via their own shop site, (and most likely ebay-resellers later on) and later re-issues / re-pressings could and should be via the better known vendors. (dtm, amazon, etc). i guess we will have to wait & find out what happens.

• Like 2